Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell: 'Offseason ... will take care of itself'

redskin01fan

Your right, he did. My mistake. However what does that say about the rest of his carear? He did it once, never again.

And which QB do you think Jason reminds most of us of? Brunell. Brunell couldn't score when he was here either.

I'm not sure if he did. I only checked out his first two seasons as a starter. But in his first 16 games as a starter, he had the Redskins in a position to win in all the games except 3.

As for the Brunell comment, that was my point. He was groomed by Brunell and Rodgers was groomed by Farve. Who do you think was allowed to take more chances?

:doh:

[/b]

The REDSKINS are not very good.It amazes me that the QB is sadled with win and loses in posters minds.It's a team sport.

Right because this is the first year he's ever shown not to be good :silly: The only thing that amazes me is the amount of posters that want to ignore the stats, records, win loss records, and everything else pointing to the same conclusion just to excuse the guy responsible for the failure.

Question: If Rodgers played here do you think he would have the same numbers and would the Skins have more wins?

We'd have a winning record and likely be in first place in the devision. That's something that will never ever happen with Campbell under center.

Our offense and Jason Campbell has shown improvement since Sherm Lewis has taken over playcalling. This pretty much guarantees that Zorn will be fired but could let Campbell control his own destiny. Our remaining schedule is pretty brutal, so if Campbell continues to play well and our offense can consistently put up more then 17 points a game I think there is a pretty good chance we give him a short contract extension (2-3 years).

Right because winning one game with Jason in our last 7 as long as the offense scores more then 17 points a game is enough for us to be satisfied with :chair:

Right because winning one game with Jason in our last 7 as long as the offense scores more then 17 points a game is enough for us to be satisfied with :chair:

Improvement is satisfying. You shouldn't expect to go from being one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best in one season, unless your Dan Snyder. If we are able to compete with the teams on our remaining schedule the way we have since the 2nd half of the Falcons game, then that shows that our offense is turning a corner. I give most of the credit for this turn around to Campbell and Sherm Lewis. If it continues I don't think extending Campbell is totally out of the question.

Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine. :chair:

What QB had the best optimal situation with every single piece good around him when he got there besides Bret Farve this year? That's a complete co-out and bull

Did i say every single piece?

How about 1 piece?

What pieces does JC have this year that make you think he should perform at a much higher level?

OL?

Running game?

Coaching?

Playcalling?

FO support?

Good system?

Good receiving corps?

How about 1 piece?

What pieces does JC have this year that make you think he should perform at a much higher level?

OL?

Running game?

Coaching?

Playcalling?

FO support?

Good system?

Good receiving corps?

Im not a JC lover, but good point.

Your right, he did. My mistake. However what does that say about the rest of his carear? He did it once, never again.

And which QB do you think Jason reminds most of us of? Brunell. Brunell couldn't score when he was here either.

At least Brunell gave us Dallas '05. Candle will never ever do anything like that.

How about 1 piece?

OL?

Running game?

Coaching?

Playcalling?

FO support?

Good system?

Good receiving corps?

What about "history" is hard for you to understand? Is this his first year? Does he not have 48 starts in his career? When did he ever show us anything that says this year is the exception and not the rule?

Are you out of your mind?

Aaron Rogers would do 10 times the job here that Soups done. He leads him in every stat, has a much worse line, and more then 50% of our losses came by a TD or less. Aaron Rogers scores TD's and Soup doesn't. Save your petty insults, you have nothing to backup any support for soup because there isn't anything for you to use to support him other then your blind belief that completion percentage in this league translates to production. It doesn't. Soups best attribute is that he completes a high percentage of passes but that's always been the same, just like Brunell who always checked down and would throw a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 15 and we'd go 3 and out, Soups from the same mold. Soup's got more turnovers then he does touchdowns and can't take care of the ball or lead the team to victories because he is more like Trent Dilfer then he will ever be a franchise QB like Rogers. For the Redskins to have any success we must find a capable QB who can make tough throws, not just be tough, and will score us points. Jason in 5 years has never shown that ability and never will.

The "keep Jason", "it's everyone else's fault but Jason" is out of hand around here and flat out wrong. Yet ignorant posters with no sense of what a good QB is, what stats a QB should be judged by and which ones are meaningless, and have no sense of what this team needs will continue to say this crap about Jason and defend him. It will never become apparent to you that Jason Campbell is what's wrong with the Redskins because your not objective, you don't care about stats, and you have an extremely low expectation for what a Redskins QB should be.

Enough is enough. If Snyder was any kind of an owner he'd come out today and say "3 out of 5 wins or the whole lot of you are fired" but he's a piece of crap owner who like Campbell supporters doesn't care about results and production, you all only want to be "right". If you cared about the Skins then move on and cheer for another player that can help the team win. 3-8 and you guys still defend this player in his 5th year, it's insane

What about "history" is hard for you to understand? Is this his first year? Does he not have 48 starts in his career? When did he ever show us anything that says this year is the exception and not the rule?

Exactly, don't answers the question because you would have to admit that the elements for success don't exsist here.

48 starts but 24 of those starts he was a young QB learning the game, the next 24 starts came in a different system, behind a suspect to bad OL on a team with major problems and suspect coaching

Jason performance in his 1st 24 starts are what you would expect from a young QB.

His 1st 16 starts under Zorn JC's performance match what you would expect from a QB in on a team learning a new system behind an aging OL that fell apart; under the circumstances this season: one of the worst OL's in the league, no running game, suspect coaching/playcalling.

JC is around the middle of the pack in most stats higher then many QBs in much better situations.

If the basic elements for a QB to succeed aren't in place then its illogical to expect more.

LoL, -you didn't even mention 'history' in your question

What QB had the best optimal situation with every single piece good around him when he got there besides Bret Farve this year? That's a complete co-out and bull

Aaron Rogers would do 10 times the job here that Soups done. He leads him in every stat, has a much worse line, and more then 50% of our losses came by a TD or less. Aaron Rogers scores TD's and Soup doesn't. Save your petty insults, you have nothing to backup any support for soup because there isn't anything for you to use to support him other then your blind belief that completion percentage in this league translates to production. It doesn't. Soups best attribute is that he completes a high percentage of passes but that's always been the same, just like Brunell who always checked down and would throw a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 15 and we'd go 3 and out, Soups from the same mold. Soup's got more turnovers then he does touchdowns and can't take care of the ball or lead the team to victories because he is more like Trent Dilfer then he will ever be a franchise QB like Rogers. For the Redskins to have any success we must find a capable QB who can make tough throws, not just be tough, and will score us points. Jason in 5 years has never shown that ability and never will.

The "keep Jason", "it's everyone else's fault but Jason" is out of hand around here and flat out wrong. Yet ignorant posters with no sense of what a good QB is, what stats a QB should be judged by and which ones are meaningless, and have no sense of what this team needs will continue to say this crap about Jason and defend him. It will never become apparent to you that Jason Campbell is what's wrong with the Redskins because your not objective, you don't care about stats, and you have an extremely low expectation for what a Redskins QB should be.

Enough is enough. If Snyder was any kind of an owner he'd come out today and say "3 out of 5 wins or the whole lot of you are fired" but he's a piece of crap owner who like Campbell supporters doesn't care about results and production, you all only want to be "right". If you cared about the Skins then move on and cheer for another player that can help the team win. 3-8 and you guys still defend this player in his 5th year, it's insane

Listen.....I dont think Campbell is all that good either. Hell I dont think hes very good at all. But to think that if Aaron Rodgers was our QB....we would be in first place? Are you insane?

All of a sudden we wouldnt have offensive lineman off the street protecting him? Suddenly our 3rd string running back would be Chris Johnson? Not to mention we have the worst coach in all of football (yes including Wade Phillips.)

We may be 1 or 2 wins better with A Rod, but this team has no chance of competing being this beat up unless we had Manning, or Brees at the helm......nobody else.

I mean Rodgers holds on to the ball at times far too long in Green Bay.......I couldnt even fathom how many times he would be sacked here......it would be legendary.

PS Yes I realize he also gets some lazors out lightning quick also......but I have seen every Green Bay game this season.....more often than not this guy creates his own sacks....not his line.

With Rodgers I'd give us maybe 1 or 2 more wins.

Our running game is still terrible. Our receivers still fail to get open consistently and drop catchable footballs 4-5 times a game.

Our defense still folds under pressure with regularity. They also very very very rarely give the offense a short field via turnovers, in comparison to most NFL teams.

Rodgers is without a doubt a much better QB... a lot better than Campbell. Rodgers doesn't have half his starting roster on IR though. Although Rodgers o-line is bad, I wouldn't even compare it to the Redskins. Rodgers o-line went through a torrid stretch of injuries... some of their guys have come back, ours are on IR.

Over the past month or so, Rodgers has gotten a LOT more time than JC, and his line has played a lot better than ours. If Rodgers played here he would easily have 50+ sacks. JC throws a lot of balls away avoiding sacks, or rushes a lot of throws to avoid sacks.

Count how many times each player has been knocked down in the past month...

Archived