Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top UFAs for 09-10/ Uncapped year FAs

Rufus T Firefly

Marcus McNeil would be the number one person I'd go after. He's a stud on the field and even better guy off.

Trust me, he's a great person and would no doubt make our OL that much better.

FYI, Here's a picture of him before I took him and his girl up for a flight over San Diego.

Dude, You should have stepped up on the platform and had the pic taken from the knees up.

Pretty cool pic otherwise tho.

I tried to post this yesterday, but my internet was acting up.

I have 5 guys that I'm looking at. 3 as defensive upgrades. 2 as offensive stopgaps.

On defense:

Shaun Rogers, DT (if released)

Dunta Robinson, CB

Darren Sharper, FS

These guys should all relatively cheap and would be major upgrades at their position. Rogers and Dunta would be discounted because they're disgruntled and had subpar seasons in 2009. Sharper is a Defensive MVP candidate, but his age and position will hinder a huge contract. Rogers would make our D-line unstoppable. Dunta and Sharper are ballhawks and would benefit from our pass rush.

On offense:

Jeff Garcia, QB

Chad Clifton, OT

These would be stop-gap guys to keep us competitive and try to instill a winning culture while we draft a QB this year and restock the O-line through the 2010 and 2011 drafts. Draft Bradford and spend about 6 picks on the OL over the next two seasons.

Sorry for the triple post, but I think Karlos Dansby would be a helluva pickup. Dude played at a really high level all year last year, and of course he would help us put Orakpo at DE.

As for Wilfork, man, that'd be nuts to see but I don't know if we could afford it or if we really wanna go that direction. But as others have said, no one would run on us. Wilfork does play at a high level and is one of my favorite players in the league to watch.

If it is an uncapped year, Danny can do some damage. Recievers, and Lineman, and Linebackers are a plenty.

It would be awesome to pick up a really solid LB like Dansby and someone on the Oline. This way we could go QB in round 1 and OL in round two of the draft.

While we are at it, lets grab Nick Collins, Kampman and Vincent Jackson as well.

If it is an uncapped year, Danny can do some damage. Recievers, and Lineman, and Linebackers are a plenty.

It would be awesome to pick up a really solid LB like Dansby and someone on the Oline. This way we could go QB in round 1 and OL in round two of the draft.

While we are at it, lets grab Nick Collins, Kampman and Vincent Jackson as well.

I think you missed something. The first list is of players who would be FAs in a year with a new CBA, i.e. a capped year. The second list is which of those players would be free in an uncapped year. And, as I said, many of them would be tagged.

Dansby figues to be the one premium type player available in an uncapped year, since Arizona has tagged him twice already and a player can't be tagged three times. Kampman would be a Free Agent in an uncapped year, but I would expect Green Bay to tag and then trade him. Collins and Jackson would only be Restricted Free Agents in an uncapped year, and you could figure on having to give up a 1st and 3rd for them, assuming their teams didn't match whatever offer we signed them to.

I think you missed something. The first list is of players who would be FAs in a year with a new CBA, i.e. a capped year. The second list is which of those players would be free in an uncapped year. And, as I said, many of them would be tagged.

Dansby figues to be the one premium type player available in an uncapped year, since Arizona has tagged him twice already and a player can't be tagged three times. Kampman would be a Free Agent in an uncapped year, but I would expect Green Bay to tag and then trade him. Collins and Jackson would only be Restricted Free Agents in an uncapped year, and you could figure on having to give up a 1st and 3rd for them, assuming their teams didn't match whatever offer we signed them to.

You are right I did.

Archived