Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ship sinking, band still playing...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel like **** right now, watching the game from Dvr because I was at work. This is the second week in a row I've seen this team play it's tail off and lose in games the "experts" and some of ya'll said we wouldn't even be close in. While leading in the 4th quarter.

2 road division games in a row, and we lose them by a combined 4 points. All the injuries, all the coaching screwups, the inconsistency of Jason Campbell that's wearing out my pack of cigarettes, they still could've fooled me into believeing they were at least competitive these last 3 and a half weeks.

Me personally, I feel we would be on a three game winning streak if Haynesworth had played the last two, and I know I'm not alone. Dallas probably wouldn't have even scored the way they were playing, and you can make the arguement Big Als presence in the middle cost us a lot of run support against philly, enough that they got the points they needed to win.

If you had told me at any point in this season that we could score 24 points and still lose, I'd tell you to stop smoking the seeds, they cause brain damage.

Then I look at the injury list and see no Portis, Cooley, Hall, Sameuls and Randy Thomas may never play in B&G again. I still like what I saw from the triplets today, and feel it would make sense to keep them around to see if they continue their improvement into only their 3rd season. We need more talent on the o-line, given, but I also feel that we need a better organized coaching staff that can at least command the respect of player like Landry to to just do his job and stop attempting all these rediculous sportscenter plays. You can't fix everything that's wrong with this franchise, but if you fix those two things (coaching and o-line), we'll be winning a lot of these close games we seem to be losing lately.

Franchises get turned around every year, and it starts with the effort from the people that are already here. It's officially time to start talking about next year, but it's refreshing to see that our team hasn't punched it's ticket in for cancun or anything like that. Band's still playing while the ship is halfway underwater, and I respect that, even while some of ya'll are planning not to watch them again for the rest of the year. Go ahead and leave your skins gear in the bottom of the closet if you want, I'm wearing my Sammy Baugh jersey tommorrow, book it...

Who knows if we win if Fat Albert is in the game. Only thing I know for a fact is that we lost plenty with him in games earlier this season.

This reads suspiciously like a Moral Victory thread and I refuse to applaud moral victories....

I'm tired of being pissed of all the time becuase of this ****, it's bad for my health. But I am pissed off, so I'm doing what I can to keep this from getting to me too much. The only cure for this disease is a W, and whatever this moral victory non-sense is people keep throwing out everytime I start one of these threads isn't going to cut it for me. I refuse to come in here and just start bitting peoples heads off (even if that's what I have the itch to do) because it isn't going to change any damn thing, and I got better things to do. Like sleep, I'm exhuasted...

Love the title.

Allow me to interject this comment that most will probably not agree with. I think Jason Campbell is the leadership behind our offense's recent effectiveness. I think Jason has the heart, drive and leadership to keep our team alive when the ship is sinking.

Take off the "rose colored glasses" my friend!!!!

QB play has cost us more victories, than i care to mention....:(

Campbell has not led us to 4th qtr tie/win EVER!!!! poor QB...I used to back him, but he is NOT a winner!

Love the title.

Allow me to interject this comment that most will probably not agree with. I think Jason Campbell is the leadership behind our offense's recent effectiveness. I think Jason has the heart, drive and leadership to keep our team alive when the ship is sinking.

Thank you!

Sometimes I wonder if anyone else can see what he's trying to do out there. I mean the poor guy gets destroyed in nearly every game, yet he continues to fight. If anyone deserves a game ball for the past few weeks, it'd be Jason Campbell. I mean afterall, he's not the one giving away the leads we've had.

Take off the "rose colored glasses" my friend!!!!

QB play has cost us more victories, than i care to mention....:(

Campbell has not led us to 4th qtr tie/win EVER!!!! poor QB...I used to back him, but he is NOT a winner!

Take off the blindfold buddy. Campbell can only do so much, it has been our OL getting him beat up, and our defense giving away late quarter leads. I mean seriously, dislike the guy when he does something wrong, at least give him the credit he deserves.

Some of you guys are just silly with your dislike for Campbell.

You're wearing a jersey of someone who is dead and gone as is the case with most Redskins fans. I'm guilty of it too. I long for the day that I'm proud to be a Redskins fan again and can wear the jersey of a current player with pride. Not since Sean Taylor have we had a player that played like each play was a matter of life and death to them and they'd do anything to make a play on that given play.

I hear Sammy Baugh was the same kind of player. As good as a couple of our "star" players are on this 2009 team, I don't see that kind of desire and effort from them or the players around them. Sammy Baugh and Sean Taylor led by example and everyone else followed. Not the case with this team. Sad and embarrassing!

HTTR

Take off the blindfold buddy. Campbell can only do so much, it has been our OL getting him beat up, and our defense giving away late quarter leads. I mean seriously, dislike the guy when he does something wrong, at least give him the credit he deserves.

Some of you guys are just silly with your dislike for Campbell.

So you think Campbell played well today?

When your team loses by 3 points and your qb threw two picks that resulted in 6 points, it's hard to make the case that he played well enough to win. Plus, when you add in there that he had an opportunity to lead his team to victory with two minutes (roughly) remaining or at least put them in FG position, it's equally hard to argue that he played well enough to win.

When you also add in there that he was only sacked once, it's hard to blame the O line when you factor all of the errant throws that help to stall 9 drives.

Deal in absolutes and stop trying to save face because of your pretty signature. Campbell is terrible. I have no agenda here. I'm telling you. He's absolutely a terrible professional quarterback and the only reason people don't voice that opinion publicly is b/c he's a nice guy. If he had Cutler's attitude, he'd be hiding in his house 24/7 :hysterical: Dude is awful.

I'm tired of being pissed of all the time becuase of this ****, it's bad for my health. But I am pissed off, so I'm doing what I can to keep this from getting to me too much. The only cure for this disease is a W, and whatever this moral victory non-sense is people keep throwing out everytime I start one of these threads isn't going to cut it for me. I refuse to come in here and just start bitting peoples heads off (even if that's what I have the itch to do) because it isn't going to change any damn thing, and I got better things to do. Like sleep, I'm exhuasted...

Not sure why, but your reply to my post made me laugh. Get a good night sleep, Renegade! :)

That band still playing helps me keep my hopes up. I'm not expecting much this year, or next year, or shoot, even in 2011. But it's part of being a fan, keep our traditions going. It's part of the team identity, that they still have this large fanbase who is loyal and supportive, unlike certain large fanbases where their fans are all fairweather (cowboys).

It sucks that we have to live in the past, but our time will come, and give us that damn proper GM and it will come much sooner.

LeSean McCoy and Marion Barber rushed incredibly well through the middle of our line. But, this isn't the only factor. D-Hall was out too, he would have been on DeSean Jackson. Carlos Rogers coverage is miserable and he shys away from contact. After Jason Avant's catch, he pushed him out of bounds after being dragged for like 15 yards.

Archived