Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As bad/injured the online is....

phishisthegreatstuff

You overlooked the fact that for 2 straight weeks we've had the lead in the 4th quarter only for our defense to choke it on up and allow the opposing team to take the lead on their final possession.

You also compared Campbell to Brady and Manning, the 2 greatest QB's of this generation. Doesn't really seem fair IMO... what do you think?

I guess I should talk about how I think Orakpo is a terrible player because of the things Derrick Thomas would do week in and week out....

But, then comparing this battered and torn O-Line with some of the best isn't fair either. There are other O-Lines in the NFL that are just as bad, and their QBs still make plays.

True but sometimes.....ust SOMETIMES.....we need the Offense to extend our lead by more than just 1 ****ing TD. When we have the lead we SIT on it like some pansies. The top scoring offenses in the league continue to harass and embarrass their opponents, thus they put up 30-40 points regularly.

Thats on the coaching staff... I was really upset in the 4th quarter when we had the lead and we were content with running the ball.

God Orakopo is a waste of a pick ... when did he take over a game like Derrick Thmoas ....

A rookie Defensive End is not going to come into the NFL wrecking shop. He's just not. It's very rare that it happens. Kearse was the last one I can remember - but he was a pure athlete and had an NFL body coming out of college.

They take time to develop their technique when they are now facing offensive lineman that are way bigger, faster & more agile than anything they've seen in the NCAA.

One thing is pretty constant. He's never pulled out a win from the 2-minute drill.

How many times has Campbell had an opportunity to pull out a 2 minute game winning drive? I honestly don't know.

Off the top of my head I can remember two games back to back in 2007 against Tampa and Dallas where he chucked game ending ints. There was last week where he tossed a game ending pick. And this week where he skipped a pass on 4th and 1 to end the game.

I don't think he has ever led a game winning 2 minute drive. But how many has he come up short on? 0 for ?

Guess what the difference between Tony freakin Romo sits to pee and Candle was the game before this one? Why Eli got a massive contract, and Big Ben two rings?

Let me guess, the two-minute drill.

Campbell is one dimensional. He doesn't move side to side, because he is moving backwards or forwards. I'm not kidding.

I'll bet anybody a virtual pumpkin that Campbell has a concussion and may have played his last game with the Redskins.

Well, if so, then I've watched my last game this season.

They had a graphic on today, he has 7 times.

Winning in the final 2 minutes is not the same as:

He has 7 game-winning or game-tying drives in the 4th quarter or overtime.

I would like to see how that compares to other qbs, as 7 doesn't sound like a lot compared to how many he's played.

But, then comparing this battered and torn O-Line with some of the best isn't fair either. There are other O-Lines in the NFL that are just as bad, and their QBs still make plays.

There is no O-line in the NFL currently as bad as the Redskins'

We've got a guy who doesn't belong on the practice squad starting at RG. We've got a guy who was on the street all offseason and halfway through the season starting at LT...

Green Bay had some injuries.. they didn't lose 3 guys for the season... They lost them for several games...

I see. Then how the hell are we 3-8 for the year? That stat may be technically correct, but something doesn't jibe there.

Considering we're 3-8, I'd hardly say candle is bailing us out of any games.

"Technically" correct? Just because it's a stat you don't like, don't trivialize it because it proves your idea that he can't come back in the 4th quarter wrong.

Wait...So JC isn't Peyton or Tom?!?!

Wow. Shocker.

These JC threads are just getting dumb now. Why complain about him? He won't be here next year. The season is lost. What's the point? I've began turning my focus to other parts of the team. I've been rather impressed by our young guys at the skilled positions..

Wait...So JC isn't Peyton or Tom?!?!

Wow. Shocker.

These JC threads are just getting dumb now. Why complain about him? He won't be here next year. The season is lost. What's the point? I've began turning my focus to other parts of the team. I've been rather impressed by our young guys at the skilled positions..

I truly feel bad for our QB next season man...

"Technically" correct? Just because it's a stat you don't like, don't trivialize it because it proves your idea that he can't come back in the 4th quarter wrong.
I'm not trivializing it. Being 3-8 makes it trivial. WE ONLY WON THREE GAMES.

Your stat may be true. Saying that Candle doesn't win games for us in the fourth quarter, like today, is equally valid.

That stat doesn't really mean all that much. It does not mean he is anywhere near clutch. It was 4th quarter comebacks, not 2 minute comebacks. In other words, if the Skins trailed 13-10 entering the 4th quarter and we won 17-13, that's a 4th quarter comeback. Not exactly the same as trailing 13-10 with 2 minutes left with the ball on our own 20.

He is a coward and crumbles when the game is on the line. That has been the case his entire NFL career.

Not running for the 1st down is inexcusable.

Today guaranteed that he will finish his Redskins career having never had a winning season during a period in which the Redskins made the playoffs every year he didn't fiinish as starting QB.

That stat doesn't really mean all that much. It does not mean he is anywhere near clutch. It was 4th quarter comebacks, not 2 minute comebacks. In other words, if the Skins trailed 13-10 entering the 4th quarter and we won 17-13, that's a 4th quarter comeback. Not exactly the same as trailing 13-10 with 2 minutes left with the ball on our own 20.

I'm not really saying it means anything or not. Just that it's a fact. Somebody said he never does it, I said he's done it seven times.

It only really means anything when compared to other quarterback's opportunities. I don't know if there's realistically a way to compare it against another QB's first 21 opportunities or whatever Campbell's had.

Archived