• Jerry Smith
    • Jean Fugett
    • Don Warren
    • Doc Walker
    • Clint Didier
    • Stephen Alexander
    • Chris Cooley
    • Other

I don't know why we agonize over the QB position.

If we had a grade C starting guard, we'd keep him until we could find a grade B or a grade A starting guard. Campbell is a grade C starting QB, so we should keep him until we find someone better.

This is the most backhanded endorsement of JC remaining on the Skins i've ever heard.

But i agree with your sentiment JC should be the QB for the Skins next year.

Here are my reasons:

o Despite the horrible set of circumstances he's the 16th rated QB in the league

o He's the one of the best QB if not the best FA QB he's by far the best QB on the roster

o He has as much upside and is closer to reaching his potential then any QB in the draft; Jason gives us the best chance to win next year

Well, it wasn't meant as a glowing endorsement, only a practical assessment. I think you and I are on the same page.

It's a sign of how dire things have been the past decade when fans are trying to spin mediocre as adequate. Look around the league - there are 20 QBs who could more effectively lead this team in 2010. Why are so many of you willing to settled for spinning our wheels offensively? Hell, even Detroit scores 30 once in a while... :doh:

No thanks. Matt Stafford showed us today that even rookie QB, if he can play the game, can be much more effective than a 5th year QB with career backup talent.

Mathew Stafford? The guy who won a game because of a hail marry pass interference call? :doh:

The guy who was down 24-7 to the Browns??? :doh:

The guy who out ran our defense because Blache refuses to blitz?? :doh:

No thanks. Matt Stafford showed us today that even rookie QB, if he can play the game, can be much more effective than a 5th year QB with career backup talent.

:doh: REALLY? Matt Stafford against the worst team in football? Put Stafford behind OUR OLINE (yes the Lions have a better OLINE then us), and he fails much worse. :chair:

:lol:

Ok, but that doesn't mention his play yesterday!

I wonder how many 11 year olds use the word 'merge' on a daily basis?

Not sure, I wonder how many 30+ year olds attempt to skirt the rules in attempt to justify their crappy post instead of just falling on their sword?

Mathew Stafford? The guy who won a game because of a hail marry pass interference call? :doh:

The guy who was down 24-7 to the Browns??? :doh:

The guy who out ran our defense because Blache refuses to blitz?? :doh:

the guy who came back in with a damaged shoulder and threw a TD pass with 0:00 seconds on the clock?

the guy who threw 5 TD passes in the game?

the guy who ALREADY BEAT CAMPBELL?

oh that guy.

Keep him if you have zero expectations for your teams success and know your going to lose many more then win. If you want to lose Jason's a great QB

Keep him if you don't have any expectations for your QB. Think your QB should win games, score TD's, be secure with the football, keeop drives alive by making plays? Then Jason is not your guy. Think all you want is to see your QB be treated like a punching bag? Then Jason's your guy. Want to see more heartbreaking losses like yesterdays? You can't do worse then Campbell

You posters saying keep Jason excuse Jason for his crappy play. You never ever point at Jason's on the field play as the reason to keep him. Jason sucks because of the coaches, the play calling, the blocking, the WR's, and on and on. You have no expectations for your starting QB. Since you don't care about results and just want to be the guy who said "look told you so, Jason's the man!" if it ever comes to that you suggest keeping this piece of trash. I think if Jason's not replaced in the offseason I'm seriously going to not watch next year. I didn't watch between 1993 and 1998 and I think that's where this is going for me. I can't stumach another year of completions with no TD's, another year of games where the Defense rises up and the QB can't make a stinking play to seal the win, and another game when as soon as the games in his hands he turns the ball over. It's heartbreaking to see so many delusional fans on this forum blindly support a man who's a loser and does nothing to help this team and hurts it game after game after game

Does that also mean you are not going to post here as well ... well if that is the case then ...Woot No.1. Jason Campbell for 2010 ...

Seriously though . If you want to change OL, GM, WR, RB, HC and by association DC, OC, WRC, TEC, DLC, DBC etc etc and the QB all in one year then you have to have absolutly zero expectations for the next 3 years .... when you will be ****ing and whining and wanting to do it all over again .

What we need in here is a GM who will run this team for 5+ years build the foundation and get the team to the point where it will be competitive week in week out . That starts with the OL and DL not the QB or the WR or the RB or the TE . A good OL makes a decent QB look great, make the running game better and makes the WRs better - look what Denver line has done for jeff George Jr or Kyle Orton for that matter ...

The other point I have is how is the QB getting receptions and completions a bad thing . I think there was an analysis that said less than 30% of all touchdown passes are thrown to receivers in the Endzone . That means in the other 70% of the time the receiver gets into the EZ following a catch on his own ... When was the last time you saw our WRs run the ball in from 20+ yards out ? How is our running game comining along ... scoring a lot of point ?

Football is a team game and we have to do what is best for the team so please put the hater aid down ...

the guy who came back in with a damaged shoulder and threw a TD pass with 0:00 seconds on the clock?

the guy who threw 5 TD passes in the game?

the guy who ALREADY BEAT CAMPBELL?

oh that guy.

Campbell plays defense ? Stafford and the Lions beat the Skins ... you really really don't get this team concept do you ?

Yeah how would he look on this team.

Don't bother greenie... BLC says JC can;t win a game but he doesn't get that it isn't all on JC. JC runs the plays that are called. 13 for 13 on 3rd down passes. I don't care what BLC says anymore, I think he is exactly like BSPN and only caring about the final score and not the play of the other 57 minutes of the game.

Yeah how would he look on this team.

he would look like matt stafford. probably some stupid interceptions, and a lot of "wow" moments, the same any rookie is gonna look.

of course youll tell me he'd be sacked all day long and how good the detroit oline is, and how their defense does XYZ.

his defense gave up 37 points yesterday and he won the game. he threw 5 TDs. these are things campbell hasnt accomplished in 5 years and this kid did it in his 7th (i think) start.

but tell me about how detroit has a better offense than we do. aside from CJ, they have scrub city.

At the end of yesterday's game, my daughter looked at me when we got the ball with about 2:30 to play and said "We have time! We can go down and score". And, with most NFL QBs I'd have felt the same way.

But with JC at the helm, I not only KNEW we would not go on to score, I knew it would end with a pick. I've seen this movie too many times before to have believed it would end any other way. And, unfortunately, I'd have felt that way even if he'd had a stellar O line in front of him.

In my view, for the benefit of all parties involved, it's just time to move on ...

I have to agree with this part of the post. In fact I told my wife, if Jason takes the team down field for the win, Snyder will sign him to an extension on the flight home. But Jason showed us the qb he has always been.

A good qb, a game manager, but not someone who can take the offense to the next level.

Don't bother greenie... BLC says JC can;t win a game but he doesn't get that it isn't all on JC. JC runs the plays that are called. 13 for 13 on 3rd down passes. I don't care what BLC says anymore, I think he is exactly like BSPN and only caring about the final score and not the play of the other 57 minutes of the game.

right, you continue caring about the 57 minutes of well played football, ill continue caring about who wins and loses.

winning is overrated anyways.

Archived