• Jerry Smith
    • Jean Fugett
    • Don Warren
    • Doc Walker
    • Clint Didier
    • Stephen Alexander
    • Chris Cooley
    • Other

I am not some long time Jason fan who constantly argued if only we had a better line or better WR's or better weather or better luck that JC would suddenly become Sonny. Far from it.

Jason has limits. He's not all that accurate by NFL standards, especially elite NFL standards. He does seem painfully slow making his reads and a decision, time after time, season after season. He was instantly exposed by Collins when Todd took over against the Bears two years ago.

It was, however, not the worst idea Vin every had counting on Jason being good enough IF the line held up, IF the #11 and 12 stepped up and IF Albert took a real good defense to elite status.

After yesterdays game, I think Jason earned the job now and to be resigned off season and to come into camp as #1. The guts he has showed all season, actually since he got here, the determination to get back up, the flashes of all that raw talent, good stuff.

He made a bunch of GREAT throws under extreme pressure yesterday. He made several really good reads, left, right, left again, throw.

And, the O line IS a disaster.

And, the D is NOT elite with Albert. Real, real good, but not '85 Bears or '00 Ravens or last years Steelers.

Consider, where would we be right now with Cutler? Throwing pics in the fourth quarter? We already got that.

Sanchez? Coming unraveled after a great start and now playing like a rookie?

All things considered, would we really be better off, right now, under any other QB? A win or two? Or would a Brady or Peyton have been knocked out for the season by now?

I am not arguing for greatness on his part anytime soon or, for that matter, ever. I am arguing for the best decision right now and the near future. And Jason IS showing leadership and IS showing heart and IS showing toughness. And IS showing some good play, even some great plays.

I know it is the same old story but, a decent, healthy line next year with some depth and we're at least a playoff team under Jason.

On a team that painfully lacks continuity, with a kid who has faced mighty difficulties and keeps on fighting, who still has much upside and the prospect of starting ALL OVER, again, next season if he is let go, I think he has earned it.

This is what's wrong with the team. He hasn't shown anything in the time that he's been here that he's a consistent starting QB. Stop hoping that he's going to wake up one day and be that for us. You can argue the O-line but lets be realistic, how many times has Jason had the time to make a play and has over thrown the receiver, or not even read the open receiver.

To start this team needs a new o-line, a new qb, a new gm, and a new head coach. Once that happens we can evaluate the rest of our positions.

Well then, "DON"T RESPOND"

Thank you.

I looked around before I started the thread and didn't see anything new, based on how he played yesterday, arguing in his favor. So, what they heck. It is new, given the game was less than 24 hours ago.

I mean, IS there a Redskins subject that hasn't been discussed, at least some, a billion times? :lol:

This is what's wrong with the team. He hasn't shown anything in the time that he's been here that he's a consistent starting QB. Stop hoping that he's going to wake up one day and be that for us. You can argue the O-line but lets be realistic, how many times has Jason had the time to make a play and has over thrown the receiver, or not even read the open receiver.

To start this team needs a new o-line, a new qb, a new gm, and a new head coach. Once that happens we can evaluate the rest of our positions.

I hear you and maybe that's the way to go. However, that is an awful lot of 'new' and we only have so many draft picks. I'm just saying that I can see a good argument for staying with the kid unless the criteria is we MUST find our Peyton, our Brady, our Rivers or Stafford. Jason is not the worst QB in the league.

I guess we could keep Jason. Hell we are even keeping Vinny since we like to keep mediocrity and he would fit right in.

By the way your thread title needs some work and yes it could have gone into that other JC thread that is still on the first page. ;)

My bad. I looked before I started the thread and didn't see it.

:doh:

Keep him if you have zero expectations for your teams success and know your going to lose many more then win. If you want to lose Jason's a great QB

Keep him if you don't have any expectations for your QB. Think your QB should win games, score TD's, be secure with the football, keeop drives alive by making plays? Then Jason is not your guy. Think all you want is to see your QB be treated like a punching bag? Then Jason's your guy. Want to see more heartbreaking losses like yesterdays? You can't do worse then Campbell

You posters saying keep Jason excuse Jason for his crappy play. You never ever point at Jason's on the field play as the reason to keep him. Jason sucks because of the coaches, the play calling, the blocking, the WR's, and on and on. You have no expectations for your starting QB. Since you don't care about results and just want to be the guy who said "look told you so, Jason's the man!" if it ever comes to that you suggest keeping this piece of trash. I think if Jason's not replaced in the offseason I'm seriously going to not watch next year. I didn't watch between 1993 and 1998 and I think that's where this is going for me. I can't stumach another year of completions with no TD's, another year of games where the Defense rises up and the QB can't make a stinking play to seal the win, and another game when as soon as the games in his hands he turns the ball over. It's heartbreaking to see so many delusional fans on this forum blindly support a man who's a loser and does nothing to help this team and hurts it game after game after game

Jason has limits. He's not all that accurate by NFL standards, especially elite NFL standards. He does seem painfully slow making his reads and a decision, time after time, season after season. He was instantly exposed by Collins when Todd took over against the Bears two years ago.

You lost me after this paragraph.

Toughness does not an elite QB make.

JC does not win us games. ever. At best he keeps us close but where has that gotten us?

The line is part of the problem but JC is also. JC has shown nothing to let us think that with a good line he'd be elite. He's good. At best.

Number 11 and 12 not being factors have more to do with JC's flaws as you listed above.

Our D may not be 85 Bears but good god man it's fantastic!

If our offense was simply good we'd be in the playoff hunt with this D.

However JC's lack of decision making skills and inability to read opposing D's leaves us where we are.

No JC in 20-10.

I am not some long time Jason fan who constantly argued if only we had a better line or better WR's or better weather or better luck that JC would suddenly become Sonny. Far from it.

It was, however, not the worst idea Vin every had counting on Jason being good enough IF the line held up, IF the #11 and 12 stepped up and IF Albert took a real good defense to elite status.

After yesterdays game, I think Jason earned the job now and to be resigned off season and to come into camp as #1. The guts he has showed all season, actually since he got here, the determination to get back up, the flashes of all that raw talent, good stuff.

He made a bunch of GREAT throws under extreme pressure yesterday. He made several really good reads, left, right, left again, throw.

And, the O line IS a disaster.

And, the D is NOT elite with Albert. Real, real good, but not '85 Bears or '00 Ravens or last years Steelers.

Consider, where would we be right now with Cutler? Throwing pics in the fourth quarter? We already got that.

Sanchez? Coming unraveled after a great start and now playing like a rookie?

All things considered, would we really be better off, right now, under any other QB? A win or two? Or would a Brady or Peyton have been knocked out for the season by now?

I am not arguing for greatness on his part anytime soon or, for that matter, ever. I am arguing for the best decision right now and the near future. And Jason IS showing leadership and IS showing heart and IS showing toughness. And IS showing some good play, even some great plays.

I know it is the same old story but, a decent, healthy line next year with some depth and we're at least a playoff team under Jason.

On a team that painfully lacks continuity, with a kid who has faced mighty difficulties and keeps on fighting, who still has much upside and the prospect of starting ALL OVER, again, next season if he is let go, I think he has earned it.

This is the most backhanded endorsement of JC remaining on the Skins i've ever heard.

But i agree with your sentiment JC should be the QB for the Skins next year.

Here are my reasons:

o Despite the horrible set of circumstances he's the 16th rated QB in the league

o He's the one of the best QB if not the best FA QB he's by far the best QB on the roster

o He has as much upside and is closer to reaching his potential then any QB in the draft; Jason gives us the best chance to win next year

I say keep Colt and start him, might as well see how he does in real NFL games. Never been a huge Colt supporter, but I do not think its worth it to resign JC for another year. We could use CB without having to spend money to resign someone. I say next year just go all out on the O line and some other key positions, and give Colt a shot. Next year will be a rebuilding year anyway and we should be spending early picks and trades on fixing this O-line more than anything else. We already know what we get in JC, why not see what Colt can do for a year until we get a real line in here to protect whoever we end up putting back there.

If in the long run we are getting rid of JC, what is the point for keeping him for one more year? Because he gives us a better chance to win? I hope we arent already assuming we are going to the playoffs next year..

For the love of God, make it stop :doh:

As I posted in (yet) another thread:

Is Campbell THE problem for this team's lack of success? No.

Is he A problem? Yes, most definitely he is. His "issues" have been discussed ad infinitum on these boards.

And if you're honest, to continue to give him a pass and make excuses on his behalf is just as inane as assigning him full blame for all our problems.

At the end of yesterday's game, my daughter looked at me when we got the ball with about 2:30 to play and said "We have time! We can go down and score". And, with most NFL QBs I'd have felt the same way.

But with JC at the helm, I not only KNEW we would not go on to score, I knew it would end with a pick. I've seen this movie too many times before to have believed it would end any other way. And, unfortunately, I'd have felt that way even if he'd had a stellar O line in front of him.

In my view, for the benefit of all parties involved, it's just time to move on ...

Archived