• Jerry Smith
    • Jean Fugett
    • Don Warren
    • Doc Walker
    • Clint Didier
    • Stephen Alexander
    • Chris Cooley
    • Other

I don't want Campbell back. I want Clausen Locker or Bradford.

And who are you going to block for the rookie ... This team is where it is because we have ignored the OL for nearly a decade save Derrick Dockery...

If you get your wish we will be back here in 2 maybe 3 years saying i don't want Locker/Clausen/Bradford back i want ..insert name of hot collage prospect here ...

Look how the Dolphins rebuilt their team ... did they go and snatch up the first QB prospect that fell to them ... they built the lines first and attempted to win with Chad Henne at QB ... now with the offense they have a QB like Campbell could do some real damage ... If Campbell doesn't start here next season he will be starting for the Dolphins ...

And who are you going to block for the rookie ... This team is where it is because we have ignored the OL for nearly a decade save Derrick Dockery...

If you get your wish we will be back here in 2 maybe 3 years saying i don't want Locker/Clausen/Bradford back i want ..insert name of hot collage prospect here ...

Look how the Dolphins rebuilt their team ... did they go and snatch up the first QB prospect that fell to them ... they built the lines first and attempted to win with Chad Henne at QB ... now with the offense they have a QB like Campbell could do some real damage ... If Campbell doesn't start here next season he will be starting for the Dolphins ...

henne is the future for that team, or at least the potential future. you think bill parcels would take a loser like campbell on that team? youre out of your mind.

campbell will be in carolina or cleveland, or maybe oakland.

It does make sense to keep him next year, considering the rash of injuries and pressing needs on the O-line, and questions about next year's QB class make drafting a top QB less attractive. I'd prefer getting a better interim QB in free agency, maybe Garcia. And keeping JC as the backup, or potential starter if we simply can't find anyone better. If we keep him JC should go into next year's preseason in a fight-for-starter situation with all other QBs.

BUT, we cannot give him anywhere close to top starting QB pay. That would be disastrous. If he won't sign for bottom QB money, he walks.

right, you continue caring about the 57 minutes of well played football, ill continue caring about who wins and loses.

winning is overrated anyways.

I get that we lost, but how is that Jasons fault? Again I know you can't see past the fact that JC apparently does EVERYTHING for this team (calls plays, says when to kick a fg or go for it, pick linemen, ect.) and that he is a HORRIBLE player, but he played WELL yesterday. Any other QB's in the league go PERFECT on 3rd down yesterday? Stop putting the blame on Jason and put it where it needs to be. Jim Zorn, and some costly dropped INTs. I know at least one by Fletcher and one by Rocky.

Please for crying out loud close this thread.

I'm over the Campbell debate... Campbell, like the rest of the offense needs to be blown up and started over. Campbell might be good, but he will never be good here. We need a QB that doesn't look like it's his first time playing football. I mean, we are in year 4 or 5 and he still doesn't know how to slide?????????? Didn't he play baseball in highschool???????

Whatever, i'm just over this whole debate.. he's not a playmaker as a QB.. And the last time I looked, you might need one of those to be successful in the NFL.

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting this is all his fault. But we need an upgrade at QB.

:lol:

Ok, but that doesn't mention his play yesterday!

I wonder how many 11 year olds use the word 'merge' on a daily basis?

Oh my bad one more time. Since he played his guts out YESTERDAY we should keep him. Got it. :doh:

By the way the other thread talks about keeping Jason as well for different and yet for same reasons but since your title says Keep Jason and the other one says the same thing.....this is why I suggested that you change your thread title...the advise you totally ignored.

Some 11 years old are lot smarter then people older then them. Have you ever watched that show: Are You Smarter Then A 5th Grader? ;) By the way I am actually in the 6th grade. :)

I get that we lost, but how is that Jasons fault? Again I know you can't see past the fact that JC apparently does EVERYTHING for this team (calls plays, says when to kick a fg or go for it, pick linemen, ect.) and that he is a HORRIBLE player, but he played WELL yesterday. Any other QB's in the league go PERFECT on 3rd down yesterday? Stop putting the blame on Jason and put it where it needs to be. Jim Zorn, and some costly dropped INTs. I know at least one by Fletcher and one by Rocky.

I think the point your missing is.. how many times this year could you say the same paragraph about JC after a game? 1? 2?... JC sucks, please stop making excuses for him. He plays like a scared puppy and looks for any excuse in the book to checkdown to 10 yard routes.

he would look like matt stafford. probably some stupid interceptions, and a lot of "wow" moments, the same any rookie is gonna look.

of course youll tell me he'd be sacked all day long and how good the detroit oline is, and how their defense does XYZ.

First it was Cutler, then Sanches now its Stafford (who i think is a better QB then Sanchez)

Again were talking about him on our team.

Behind our OL

Relying mainly on 3 step drop passes

With our playcalling/HC.

Sans Calvin Johnson.

Sans Pettigrew.

Sans Scott Linehan.

How would he have done yesterday?

0 points for jason campbell. game ending interception.

only in delusional land is this a well played game.

First it was Cutler, then Sanches now its Stafford (who i think is a better QB then Sanchez)

Again were talking about him on our team.

Behind our OL

Relying mainly on 3 step drop passes

With our playcalling/HC.

Sans Calvin Johnson.

Sans Pettigrew.

Sans Scott Linehan.

How would he have done yesterday?

pure speculation but id bet he could muster more than 6 points. and im gonna verify something youve been harping on for weeks now, that campbell is running 3 step drops all day. i have the cowboys game taped and im gonna see how many passing plays he does on a 3 step drop.

ill post them tomorrow.

and lol at scott linehan and a rookie TE. davis has shown more than pettigrew. CJ is the only excuse youve got thats legit.

0 points for jason campbell. game ending interception.

only in delusional land is this a well played game.

Well... there was a "Has Jason turned a corner" thread after the Bucs game in which he had one good quarter, one quarter of "eh" and an entire half of ineptitude.

I've seen enough of Jason to know I want no part of him on this team next year. I don't care how gutsy he is or whatever. It's like he does juuuust enough to keep from getting benched. I don't know if we'd be any better having started a rookie QB this year, but I do know we couldn't be much worse.

Well... there was a "Has Jason turned a corner" thread after the Bucs game in which he had one good quarter, one quarter of "eh" and an entire half of ineptitude.

I've seen enough of Jason to know I want no part of him on this team next year. I don't care how gutsy he is or whatever. It's like he does juuuust enough to keep from getting benched. I don't know if we'd be any better having started a rookie QB this year, but I do know we couldn't be much worse.

currently were drafting 5th next year due to the fact we have lost all our divisional games. i think we'll be in the 4-5 range for the draft next year, high enough to land a bradford. the rams are the only team we have to worry about.

pure speculation but id bet he could muster more than 6 points. and im gonna verify something youve been harping on for weeks now, that campbell is running 3 step drops all day. i have the cowboys game taped and im gonna see how many passing plays he does on a 3 step drop.

ill post them tomorrow.

and lol at scott linehan and a rookie TE. davis has shown more than pettigrew. CJ is the only excuse youve got thats legit.

Davis has shown more than Pettigrew? REALLY?

(the following ranks are for REC, but if you'd like me to do it by yards I can do that and show you a larger gap.)

Rk Player Team Pos Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM

17 Chris Cooley WAS TE 29 332 11.4 47.4 25 2 1 0 17 58.6 1

17 Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 29 334 11.5 33.4 30 2 3 0 19 65.5 1

23 Fred Davis WAS TE 23 223 9.7 22.3 24 1 1 0 13 56.5 0

Let me know where you get your stats from... I need a copy of that to show that the Redskins have the BEST supporting cast for a QB :doh:

ill post them tomorrow.

Our passing game consist mainly of 3 step drops.

Yeah, like i trust you to evaluate the game.

Do you even watch football?

Brandon Pettigrew-29 catches 11.5 and 2 tds

Scott Linehan is a well repected OC in the league just because you don't know that you bash him the same way you bashed Mike Mularkey and Cam Cameron.

Your lack of football knowledge is astounding.

Our passing game consist mainly of 3 step drops.

Yeah, like i trust you to evaluate the game.

Do you even watch football?

Brandon Pettigrew-29 catches 11.5 and 2 tds

Scott Linehan is a well repected OC in the league just because you don't know that you bash him the same way you bashed Mike Mularkey and Cam Cameron.

Your lack of football knowledge is astounding.

sounds like youre a little worried that if i post campbell not doing 3 step drops all day your nonsense is gonna look a little silly? but ill get back to you tomorrow.

and all you do is hype up people that suck to make campbells supporting cast look worse than it really is. scott linehan?? seriously dude?

pettigrew is a decent young TE, hes not some key piece in a great offense.

but ill let you know how many 3 step drops campbell ran yesterday. i know its real hard to count to 3.

sounds like youre a little worried that if i post campbell not doing 3 step drops all day your nonsense is gonna look a little silly? but ill get back to you tomorrow.

and all you do is hype up people that suck to make campbells supporting cast look worse than it really is. scott linehan?? seriously dude?

pettigrew is a decent young TE, hes not some key piece in a great offense.

but ill let you know how many 3 step drops campbell ran yesterday. i know its real hard to count to 3.

Still nothing to back up my stats with huh? Cmon just try BLC. I know you can figure something out. My stats confirm EXACTLY what greenie is talking about.

Davis has shown more than Pettigrew? REALLY?

(the following ranks are for REC, but if you'd like me to do it by yards I can do that and show you a larger gap.)

Let me know where you get your stats from... I need a copy of that to show that the Redskins have the BEST supporting cast for a QB :doh:

dude, davis has started only a few games, pettigrew has been in there all season. hes got some more yardage but hes not some major factor in their passing offense.

now you guys are saying "well matt stafford has brandon pettigrew!!". im waiting for "but matt stafford has maurice morris!!"

Still nothing to back up my stats with huh? Cmon just try BLC. I know you can figure something out. My stats confirm EXACTLY what greenie is talking about.

your stats show a guy whos had more playing time and has some more yardage. stop acting like their production is night and day different.

dude, davis has started only a few games, pettigrew has been in there all season. hes got some more yardage but hes not some major factor in their passing offense.

now you guys are saying "well matt stafford has brandon pettigrew!!". im waiting for "but matt stafford has maurice morris!!"

your stats show a guy whos had more playing time and has some more yardage. stop acting like their production is night and day different.

Pettigrew is more of a player than Fred Davis right now. Man the **** up and say it.

I say keep him, build the O-line and depth, <fire Vinny of course>, and address the QB situation down the road when we have a decent O-line. That's the only was we can accurately assess JC. I think he has showed MORE than enough guts and nuts out there. We have bigger problems; keep him for now.

:wavetowel :chestram: JC deserves a chance with a REAL Oline. If he was on the Giants, he would destroy Eli's numbers.

Archived