Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about car headlights/bulbs (Xenon, HID and Silverlight related)

heyholetsgogrant

I have a 20001 Volvo S40 and the headlights are almost a joke, literally its down right dangerous to have the low beams on because I cant see the road or sides. I saw a TV commercial for sylvania silverlight bulbs that are suppose to be 30% brighter. Has anyone tired them? They seem to be ridiculously expensive. I did more research and found that Xenon bulbs are better, brighter, cheaper and last longer. Has anyone tried a Xenon headlight bulb? Also, does anyone know a good aftermarket website (ebay looks to have a lot) or walk in store to buy them?

BTW my car takes a H7 light.

Thanks,

Grant

I have a 20001 Volvo S40 and the headlights are almost a joke, literally its down right dangerous to have the low beams on because I cant see the road or sides. I saw a TV commercial for sylvania silverlight bulbs that are suppose to be 30% brighter. Has anyone tired them? They seem to be ridiculously expensive. I did more research and found that Xenon bulbs are better, brighter, cheaper and last longer. Has anyone tried a Xenon headlight bulb? Also, does anyone know a good aftermarket website (ebay looks to have a lot) or walk in store to buy them?

BTW my car takes a H7 light.

Thanks,

Grant

Are you sure your headlights are adjusted correctly and not pointing straight at the ground in front of you? I have H7's in my car and can see very well.

I can't stand ****s who's low beams are brighter than most peoples brights. I'm glad you'll be able to see me when I blindly run my car right into you.

Yeah, a couple times I instinctively yell for them to turn off their high beams now that they're off the country highway. Then I realize that's just their damn normals. UGH.

The other thing I hate?

Those stupid effin' turn signals that are white-lit. What the F?!?! The entire culture revolved around seeing yellow blinking as the sign for turning. More importantly, it stands out from the headlights and the brake and running red lights. It's the perfect bleeping color and now some morons want to ruin it with this 'stealth' light ****. Get out of here with that nonsense. It's like some people want others to die on the roads.

Archived