Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Bills problems easier to fix than the Redskins?

tone_dubbz

There WR's are better than ours.

There RB is better than ours.

QB and OL are equal to ours.

Defensively we have more talent. But overall it is not that much worse.

Plus, this city has an impatient owner and fan base. We are a HIGH MAINTENANCE franchise. So I can see why Shannahan could be thinking that way.

RB--False

QB and OL--False

We have way more talent than the Bills. They have Byrd and Lynch. Not much else.

That's not true. What about Lee Evans, Donte Whitner, Paul Posluszny, Aaron Schobel, Marcus Stroud? They definitely could be better but they do have some good building blocks.

I also like Fred Jackson a lot, and they have a few other guys who are pretty solid. Pretty much not worth replying to anyone who says the Bills have no talent. Either completely homerish or completely blind.

Remember, Steve Spagnuolo turned down Snyder, and the next year took over a bad St. Louis team that has little talent. Why? No Snyder and Vinny.

even if Vinny is kicked to the curb, Snyder will still be here, and he will have installed Vinny 2.0, which will be another yes man.

Yeah, i think its pretty dumb to think that buffalo doesn't have talent. To me, they seem to be farther along than the skins. Their first game of the season, they beat the Pats 25-24. Would we have beat the Pats, let alone score 25 points? They also beat up the Bucs 33-20 as they should have, but we can only barely scrape out a win against the Bucs 16-13 playing in Washington? First time we even came close to sniffing 30 points was last weekend. And yes, Buffalo plays in a division with the Pats, Jets and Dolphins, all team who would most likely destroy us.

Yeah, i think its pretty dumb to think that buffalo doesn't have talent. To me, they seem to be farther along than the skins. Their first game of the season, they beat the Pats 25-24. Would we have beat the Pats, let alone score 25 points? They also beat up the Bucs 33-20 as they should have, but we can only barely scrape out a win against the Bucs 16-13 playing in Washington? First time we even came close to sniffing 30 points was last weekend. And yes, Buffalo plays in a division with the Pats, Jets and Dolphins, all team who would most likely destroy us.

Correction: the Bills lost 25-24 to the Pats.

The Bills also lost 6-3 at home TO THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

The Bills have topped 17 pts 3 times to the Redskins 1. But, both teams have scored 140 pts so far this season.

The Redskins have their issues, but they have more talent on the roster right now than Buffalo does, IMO.

The only win that either team has against a team with a winning record is the Skins win over the Broncos......

But as far as being an attractive job, both teams have their downsides.

Washington has a meddling [-] owner who isn't afraid to spend money [+].

Buffalo has an old, relatively hands off [+], owner with a reputation of being cheap [-].

My guess is that most big name coaches will want a team to back up the Brinks truck.

You know Snyder will.

But will Ralph Wilson?

My guess is that most big name coaches will want a team to back up the Brinks truck.

You know Snyder will.

But will Ralph Wilson?

First stop for Brinks truck? Coach's house.

Any coach at this point is going to be able to destroy Snyder's wallet, due to his reputation now as both a big spender and a bad boss. Nice job Dan!

Buffalo needs to switch to a 3-4 defense for starters. Chris Ellis and Aaron Maybin are best suited to be 3-4 OLBs, imo. Those two starting with Posluszny and Ellison at LB and a defensive backfield of McKelvin, Youboty, Whitner and Byrd makes for an interesting back 8 made up entirely of guys who are currently 25 or younger. Throw in the 26 yo John McCargo, who seems like a good fit at DE in that kind of defense, and you've got something to start building on.

On offense, there's Lynch and Eric Wood and a whole lot of work to do. Although I think a lot of people still think Edwards could be a decent QB if he had some kind of supporting cast, and James Hardy is working his way back from injuries. Plus Lee Evans and Fred Jackson are only 28.

The other advantage they have over us is no silly cap-busting contracts.

If Wilson (who's old and supposedly wants to make a big push to win a title before he goes) can convince a Cowher or Shanahan that he is willing to spend money, then yes, that's going to be looked at as a situation with a lot of promise.

Story

So Shanahan thinks the Bills would be a low-maintenance job compared to the Redskins.

Nah bro a BILLS "official" said that Shanny said that; its big distinction in my book.

However, according to the source close to the Bills, Shanahan is intrigued by the “low-maintenance” situation he would have in Buffalo as opposed to Washington.
I know the foundation of our problems is obviously the front office and lack of structure and football knowledge. But do you guys honestly think the Bills are any better? That would be one of the last franchises I'd want to work for, its the only place that would take TO. And is Trent Edwards any better than JC? Our Defense is much better, and we have way more talent than they do. Maybe the presence of Vinny is making him reluctant to take the job.

The only thing i can think of that would make the Bills attractive is they likely have more cap room.

Their ownership and FO is worse then ours.

Shanny said earlier during the year that he doesn't like the idea of firing a coach during the season.

Imo Shanny is making it known that he's ready to coach and he's getting a bidding war started early.

Archived