Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot, Tryon, Barnes or Rogers?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Is it the CB's that choose to give a cushion or is that part of Blache's scheme? Honest question

I thought it was when we play the cover 3 or cover 0 ( my terminology is not great )where essentially one CB takes the left of the field the other the right and the deep safety over the top ..

What is annoying is that Rogers is a fantastic press man cover corner .. he is very physical and can disrupt the WR at the line .

If his confidence is shot though he may never get back to the form he had at the start of 08 and 07 and if he is just checking off the days and going through the motions then we need to see what we have with Barnes and Tryon

i think that Carlos Rogers was one of the best CBs in the nfl...

LAST YEAR.

cannot believe how much his play has fallen off. i realize he didnt get a lot of picks last year, but he shut down some serious WRs of different styles - big and fast, small and quick, etc.

quite evident he doesnt care this year. im disappointed to say that i was wrong about him. i thought he would be a pro bowl player this year. he needs to go.

as for smoot, he still plays with passion and made some good plays on Sunday. i like him better as a 2nd/3rd CB than at safety. too many mental mistakes can come at S (i realize it wasnt him on that 2nd brandon marshall touchdown, but that also is an example of what can happen) when you dont focus on the scheme at that position only.

even if Smoot does play S, he needs to only play safety.

As with most things in life, its not what happens, its how you react. I cannot stand C. Rogers reactions. He comes across as he doesn't care. He jogs around when he's beat, his response to questions after the game were a losers comments. I know these are intangibles, but I believe his attitude is going to cause him to continually be beat because he is too lacidasical(sp?)

I want to see what Barnes can do in game situations. Other rookies are playing already so why not have him in there on nickle or dime situations? I know that other players probably have a better feel for the system having been here longer but damnit I want to see what the youngsters can do!

We have a history of not playing our rookies. Orakpo is the exception. Barnes won't see playing time until next year, trust me.

I dont care who it is if Blache uses tight man. Smoot came in to save the day, but he was allowed to play tight man. Try and stay off a receiver far downfield yet be in man coverage. You eventually bite any move he does, you get caught flat footed, and then you are toast.

Our corner cushion sucks. When Rogers plays tight man, he kicks ass. Running with a WR is easier to stop any pass coming his way. How many passes defended do our covers have playing the corner cushion?

Shouldnt a teams starting corner get a lot of credit for the "top ranked" passing defense in the NFL? Or is it the scheme? Its maybe a combination.

Regardless, I think we can all agree Rogers brings little to the team as a cushion corner. No i dont think its his choice. If he is in cover 2, why bother having Carlos so deep? he is going to pass off everything deep anyways. I say run around in tight man from the snap. So Blache needs to disguise his Cover 2 / Corner Cushion better. Or just let the guys play football and get Carlos into press coverage before we throw him under the bus.

Remember what happened in Dallas last year? Blache played tight man from the 1st snap. And TO imploded and the rest is history.

Press coverage tight man for the win.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/18/AR2009111803702_2.html?sub=AR

It sounds like Rogers made nice with the coaching staff.

Maybe he was just speaking from post-benching/post-game emotion.

Or Maybe the coaching staff is trying to put a pretty face on things.

But from this article it seems like Rogers is still in the mix to get the start.

Archived