Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot, Tryon, Barnes or Rogers?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Carlos Rogers: Zorn said the Redskins coaches would discuss the bento bench Rogers after he bit on a double move from Denver receiver Brandon Marshall in the first quarter belonged to defensive coordinator Greg Blache and secondary coach Jerry Gray, Zorn said.

"I think what we dio is sit down and talk, sit down and show the video again," Zorn said, "... and we've got to sort of return and regroup. He has got to find and regain the confidence."

ched cornerback during Monday afternoon's staff meeting, and he said there's a chance Rogers could return to the starting lineup next week. The decision Zorn praised the job veteran Fred Smoot did in Rogers's place, and said both Smoot and second-year cornerback Justin Tryon would be in the mix to start this week at Dallas. But he added, about Rogers: "He's not done and we're not done."

Jim Zorn

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/zorn-on-portis-the-o-line-roge.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Rogers struggled towards the end of last season.

And he still appears to be struggling this season and after giving up yet another double move he's been benched again.

What's worse is he doesn't seem to be handling himself very well(http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=308422) in the wake of his mistake and benching.

As much as i want to see someone else playing CB2 we play Dallas next week and Rogers has played well against Dallas in the past.

The prospect of having Barnes, Tryon or even Smoot out there makes me nervous.

But then again Rogers piss poor performance and postgame comments/attitude imo warrant a long ride on the pine.

What do you think?

Who do you think WILL get the start?

Who do YOU want to see get the start at CB2?

Why?

I think there is no way Blache lets Rogers start and he'll give Smoot the nod.

But i would like to seeTryon get the start though.

Yes Justion Tryon.

Imo if you start Tryon and he struggles you can always bring in Smoot because he a veteran.

If you start Smoot and he struggles and bringing Tryon in after would only set the kid up for failure.

Blache/Gray should make the decision early and keep it out of the press and work with him all week to get him ready.

I would protect him by playing alot of Cover 2 man and zone to give him safety help over top.

Rogers got beat by a couple real good receivers. Give him some slack. It's not like he's horrible. He's pretty good when you think about it.

I'm not saying he's horrible and if he was in good position and got beat physically by the receiver i would understand.

But, Rogers got beat because of a mental error he didn't play his assignemnt and wasn't anywhere near the play.

Two things greatly affect the success of a corner - continuity and confidence. Give Carlos another shot . . . if he screws up again, you can easily bench him and move towards a Smoot/Tryon rotation.

As a side note, we really should start giving Barnes some serious looks in games. He was a high draft pick for us and could play a huge role for us next year if we lose Carlos.

Rogers is very erratic. I am starting to think he is overrated. I've seen a bunch of people on this board say "he never gets burned" or "he's lockdown," but I think that is exagerrated to say the least. He is far from a bad CB though. But he does get beat.

I haven't seen much of Barnes this year. Actually I don't think I've seen him at all. He was injured I think earlier this year, right? And as much as Tryon got hated on I've seen him make some good plays here and there this year.

I really think Carlos is trying to get himself out of Washington, which is pretty ****ty. I was a big fan but am severly disappointed with him.

I'd like to see tryon get a shot as an outside corner. Smoot is not fast enough to run with Miles Austin. Tryon as has looked like a pretty good tackler. He wraps up the legs and gets them down. Austin highlight film from this year consists of big plays down the field and embarrassing secondaries trying to tackle him. Smoot can't tackle so I don't think it's a good matchup. Tryon has impressed this season. He took Smoot's nickel spot for the most part.

I think Smoot went into the game because he's a vet. I don't think they'd put the younging in there on the spot. Maybe with a week to prepare and get ready, Tryon will get the nod. I get the impression coaches will meet with Rogers and see where his head is at. If he's anything like he was after the game with an "I don't care attitude," someone else gets the nod.

Rogers is very erratic. I am starting to think he is overrated. I've seen a bunch of people on this board say "he never gets burned" or "he's lockdown," but I think that is exagerrated to say the least. He is far from a bad CB though. But he does get beat.

I haven't seen much of Barnes this year. Actually I don't think I've seen him at all. He was injured I think earlier this year, right? And as much as Tryon got hated on I've seen him make some good plays here and there this year.

I'm one of the guys that had been promoting Carlos as an elite CB. His level of play has certainly dropped off especially when you factor in most players excel in a contract year and the improved pass rush. He's not as good as I thought he was and he isn't nearly as bad as many on this board seem to think he, or Landry for that matter, are.

Tryon has been playing some good ball this year so I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot. I'd like to see Barnes get some playing time as well obviously there is a finite amount of DB's we can activate in any given week.

I can see what you guys are saying...I think you are right let rogers get one more chance...I think the major issue going into this week is going to be who is going to cover Witten? I know there is no way orakpo is going to be able to cover him. So I wonder if they will have doughty or landry in coverage on him.

I find it hilarious that a starting corner in the NFL gives a 15-yd cushion and STILL gets beat by Marshall. OMG!!
Rogers ALWAYS gives a 15 + yard "Buffer". EVEN on a 3rd and short !!!!!!!!!

He has ALWAYS been OVER RATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it the CB's that choose to give a cushion or is that part of Blache's scheme? Honest question

Archived