Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Daughter is in the State Pageant: Update Aug-21st

AsburySkinsFan

It's more than about beauty. Although I always do find it strange that most have no issue with youth sports which is nearly entirely dictated by genetics, but draw the line at pageants. My guess is that there is just a lot of misunderstanding regarding pageants.

i think its more about the makeup- lipstick, hairpieces, rouge- that make them look like miniature adults. really creepy.

but it looks like the pageants your daughter is in arent like that.

i think its more about the makeup- lipstick, hairpieces, rouge- that make them look like miniature adults. really creepy.

That's what really does me in.

It would appear that way. Much happier knowing that.

Yes, those are called "glitz" pageants, they use spray tanning or worse tanning beds, fake hair, stage make-up, flippers (fake teeth) among any other tricks that they can use, my wife and I abhor those pageants because it's no longer about the girl but the prosthetic devices they can employ to make her look like an adult.

That's what really does me in.

It would appear that way. Much happier knowing that.

We make sure that any pageant our daughter is in does not allow the big three, fake tan, fake hair, fake teeth. Some of the ones we go to have "swipe tests" where they use an alcohol wipe to test for spray tanning, the girls also have points deducted for fake hair and they are disqualified for "flippers" fake teeth. We also make sure that the pageants she competes in have an interview portion as part of the scoring.

Yes, those are called "glitz" pageants, they use spray tanning or worse tanning beds, fake hair, stage make-up, flippers (fake teeth) among any other tricks that they can use, my wife and I abhor those pageants because it's no longer about the girl but the prosthetic devices they can employ to make her look like an adult.

We make sure that any pageant our daughter is in does not allow the big three, fake tan, fake hair, fake teeth. Some of the ones we go to have "swipe tests" where they use an alcohol wipe to test for spray tanning, the girls also have points deducted for fake hair and they are disqualified for "flippers" fake teeth. We also make sure that the pageants she competes in have an interview portion as part of the scoring.

Sounds like you've got this figured out. Well that's what i get for sticking in my two cents without knowing the full picture. Good luck to your daughter. :cheers:

Archived