Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL most sacks allowed (Redskins Related)

bsmith1991

Seems like quite a reach to me, but using your logic, let me ask you this: if Rodgers can perform well on drives he's not being sacked (37 times), then why can't JC perform well on the drives he not sacked (25 times) on?

Well that could be because Rodgers have WR's that actually attack the ball and make plays for him even when the pass is not perfect. They have people on the offensive side of the ball that make lays for their QB in other words.

RED06

Outside of a few games last season I want anyone here to make the case for why Jason Campbell should be our starting QB? What has Jason done lately to make the case for us keeping him?

Does anyone still believe that Jason is a talented QB who can score points and throw passes to win us games?

I read this thread and the posts in it and see a bunch of people making excuses for his poor play blaming the Offensive line. Since you want to make that case then I want you to show why we should ignore his play this year and excuse it. You want to ignore the facts like:

1. He doesn't throw 300 yard games

2. When given time he constantly throws poor passes

3. His record as a starter is 4-12 in his last 16 games. He doesn't win games

4. He constantly checks down passes

5. He constantly over throws 20 yard or longer passes

6. With him as a QB he's never scored 30 points in a single game

Come on people!! Don't you see more with other QB's in this league that play QB? Do you really see Jason as a winner?

Dude you are absolutely ridiculous, its amazing how you can always find something negative to say about Jason Campbell even when obvious problems are there that would prevent ANY QB from being successful here.

RED06

Well that could be because Rodgers have WR's that actually attack the ball and make plays for him even when the pass is not perfect. They have people on the offensive side of the ball that make lays for their QB in other words.

RED06

I don't think I've ever read a post by you that wasn't defending Jason Campbell in some form or another.

I remember getting into it with you last season about him. Why do you have such an infatuation with Campbell? Do you not think we can get any better at the QB position? It just seems that in your eyes the man can do no wrong whatsoever.

This post is a good example. When someone points to the fact that Campbell, still isn't very good when the offensive line gives him time or when he has a healthy OL, you start saying that it's the receivers' fault that he can't make plays.

It seems that there's always an excuse and a backup excuse from some of you as to why Campbell isn't a good QB. If he needs the best line, the best receivers, the best RB, the best stadium, the best weather, etc. to succeed, then that should tell you that he's not fit for the position.

I've never seen such an average player defended so vehemently after so many chances to prove himself.

What is it about him that makes you want to stick with him over and over again and not try to make the team better?

Guess what everyone? Before we get into this argument over what sucks more, the O-Line, coaching, or JC, I'm gonna fix it once and for all and end this argument. The truth is...THEY ALL SUCK. Seriously. The o-line isn't the reason JC looks bad, simply put, hes a terrible QB. It just is magnified because we don't have real playcalling or an O-Line. Many people on here still overrate us, we're top to bottom awful on offense.

I'll give it a try.

Those numbers represent 25 plays out of 228 pass attempts. Nobody would fault Jason for getting sacked in 2.6 seconds, but how many times have you watched him pull down the ball, be late with throws, and totally not see wide open receivers the other 203 times?

Believe what your eyes tell you, he's not good! By comparison, two of the three other QBs with similar sack numbers are Big Ben (23) and Aaron Rodgers (37), who seem to play pretty well despite their lack of time.

And for the record I neither think that Campbell is "dumb" or "gutless" as you said. He just doesn't play the QB position very well.

Thank you for saying this. I cannot believe people STILL defend JC. When he does have time to throw, he is still very mediocre. He is not a good QB. He is a backup who happened to be drafted in the first round.

Let me ask the Campbell supporters a question: If JC was drafted in the seventh round, would you still be supporting him as our QB of the future?

Guess what everyone? Before we get into this argument over what sucks more, the O-Line, coaching, or JC, I'm gonna fix it once and for all and end this argument. The truth is...THEY ALL SUCK. Seriously. The o-line isn't the reason JC looks bad, simply put, hes a terrible QB. It just is magnified because we don't have real playcalling or an O-Line. Many people on here still overrate us, we're top to bottom awful on offense.

That's about the truth.

Arguing between if the O-Line or the QB need to be replaced dodges the issue. The both need to be replaced, and a real grown-up coaching staff needs to work without meddling.

I completely agree that our OL is awful and is the biggest problem on the team. However, I would extend the awful tag to our entire offense minus Cooley and Dockery.

Moss can make big plays, but drops easy passes often, and isn't a consistent go to guy.

Portis seems to have slowed down and just looks ineffective. This was proven to me when Betts came in and actually got some big gains with this same bad o-line.

JC is inaccurate, doesn't read the field well, and doesn't sense pressure well.

Bad skill position players make a bad line look even worse. Our offense has been inept for quite some time, and is in need of a total overhaul that will take 2-3 years of solid drafting along with some solid FA additions to be effective.

The arguments over what are problem is on offense seems pointless to me, the truth is they're ALL bad.

I said this earlier in the thread, people ignore this and still try to pinpoint the problem. I suppose unless something major is actually done, the constant pinpointing over our inept offense will continue.

Dude you are absolutely ridiculous, its amazing how you can always find something negative to say about Jason Campbell even when obvious problems are there that would prevent ANY QB from being successful here.

RED06

How do we know, know one else ever plays.

RED06

Again, believe what your eyes tell you. Watch Rodgers play a game and then watch Campbell ( I assume you have been).

Are you going to tell me you haven't yelled "Throw it!!!!" at the Tv a million times the last 4 years while watching JC play?

Lets not forget that NO defense is afraid of campbell. They aren't afraid of bringing the heat because they know campbell panics and won't throw the ball. Half the sacks are on campbell, not the oline.

NO defense is afraid of our running game either. As far as half the sacks being on Campbell, how do you back that up when he gets 2.6 seconds, on average, per sack? I'm not saying he is a great QB but if you're getting sacked on a 3 step drop there are some serious OL problems.

NO defense is afraid of our running game either. As far as half the sacks being on Campbell, how do you back that up when he gets 2.6 seconds, on average, per sack? I'm not saying he is a great QB but if you're getting sacked on a 3 step drop there are some serious OL problems.

Honestly, have you ever seen JC release the ball in rhythm at the end of a three step drop? He can't even throw a slant without double-clutching.

Archived