Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 in a row or we don't go

ceviker

We are 2 games out of the wildcard and 3 games out of first place.

We take care of Dallas next week and we are 2 games out of first place.

Believe and have hope :point2sky

Believe and hope - you make an interesting point. For most of my life, I would always hope the Skins would make playoffs and a lot of the time, I would believe we would. Very rarely have I ever lost hope as well. Hard to say when exactly I lost hope - maybe after Atlanta, but it was probably after the Eagles game, realistically.

I wasn't excited at all this whole week. In fact, when I woke up on Sunday, I went over to my tv and turned my xbox on like it wasn't even football season. It was about an hour before kickoff and I was like I don't even care, I'm going to dvr the game and then I'll start watching it half-way through. Usually I can't do that because I'm way too excited. But funny thing - kickoff came and I couldn't resist turning of xbox and turning on the game. After Marshall's TD to start the game, I just laughed. Laughed because "go figure", laughed because "here we go again" and laughed because I actually turned on the game. Then our offense got the ball and we put together, in my opinion, the best drive all year. Not just because we took the ball, marched down the field and scored. But because how we responded. You can't tell me the team wasn't like "here we go again" after the Marshall TD.

We made mistakes (two long TDs plus the one Orton missed Royal, Campbell's overthrow on wide-open Moss, terrible 4th and 1 call, etc.) but we stuck through and played the best game of our year and won. And then a funny thing happened. I went to nfl.com and checked the standings out to see how far we were back in the playoff race. I know its one game. I know the Broncos are reeling. I know we have a brutal schedule. But I still checked. Hope was back.

One game isn't going to make me believe. If we play a complete football game next week and win, maybe I will. But you know what? Hope + Dallas week is a beautiful thing right now.

Believe and hope - you make an interesting point. For most of my life, I would always hope the Skins would make playoffs and a lot of the time, I would believe we would. Very rarely have I ever lost hope as well. Hard to say when exactly I lost hope - maybe after Atlanta, but it was probably after the Eagles game, realistically.

I wasn't excited at all this whole week. In fact, when I woke up on Sunday, I went over to my tv and turned my xbox on like it wasn't even football season. It was about an hour before kickoff and I was like I don't even care, I'm going to dvr the game and then I'll start watching it half-way through. Usually I can't do that because I'm way too excited. But funny thing - kickoff came and I couldn't resist turning of xbox and turning on the game. After Marshall's TD to start the game, I just laughed. Laughed because "go figure", laughed because "here we go again" and laughed because I actually turned on the game. Then our offense got the ball and we put together, in my opinion, the best drive all year. Not just because we took the ball, marched down the field and scored. But because how we responded. You can't tell me the team wasn't like "here we go again" after the Marshall TD.

We made mistakes (two long TDs plus the one Orton missed Royal, Campbell's overthrow on wide-open Moss, terrible 4th and 1 call, etc.) but we stuck through and played the best game of our year and won. And then a funny thing happened. I went to nfl.com and checked the standings out to see how far we were back in the playoff race. I know its one game. I know the Broncos are reeling. I know we have a brutal schedule. But I still checked. Hope was back.

One game isn't going to make me believe. If we play a complete football game next week and win, maybe I will. But you know what? Hope + Dallas week is a beautiful thing right now.

The funny thing is, I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer psyched up all week. The excitement has been coming to me later and later during the week. Last week it hit me Saturday and that's because I was pulling into Atlanta, spotting Redskins jerseys, and screaming "GO SKINS" to them as loud as I could driving through the streets of downtown Atlanta.

This week it was delayed until Sunday morning. Coupled with the fact that we had nice weather here this weekend and some exciting things are coming up for me personally I was filled with hope again. One reason in particular, and it's because of something I saw in the second half last week...

You are setting yourself up for disappointment, my friend. This is not a very good team.

....this team had a pulse. When we went down 7-0 yesterday and came right back to tie it up I knew that pulse was strong. Two of our starting OL are done for the year. Portis was out, our Pro Bowl TE was out, yet somehow we kept fighting back.

Denver is not a bad team. We fought through a ton of adversity, two huge plays for them early on, stuck in, and won.

We are going to beat Dallas by at least 10 next week. This team still has heart. Campbell I believe was 9/9 in the second half yesterday. He showed that with a strong running game he can be effective. Betts is going to lead us into an exciting second half of our season. Our players got the taste of a win back in their mouths yesterday.

Jump aboard friends, it's going to be a fun second half of the season.

Agreed. While I very much enjoyed the game yesterday, its just one game. IF (and that's a big if) we beat Dallas next week, people will start the playoff talk. Beat the eagles the following week and people will get reved up again.

I still don't think its going to happen. But man, do I want to beat Dallas badly and keep some kind of delusional hope for the year.

Man I'm with ya.

....this team had a pulse. When we went down 7-0 yesterday and came right back to tie it up I knew that pulse was strong. Two of our starting OL are done for the year. Portis was out, our Pro Bowl TE was out, yet somehow we kept fighting back.

Denver is not a bad team. We fought through a ton of adversity, two huge plays for them early on, stuck in, and won.

We are going to beat Dallas by at least 10 next week. This team still has heart. Campbell I believe was 9/9 in the second half yesterday. He showed that with a strong running game he can be effective. Betts is going to lead us into an exciting second half of our season. Our players got the taste of a win back in their mouths yesterday.

Jump aboard friends, it's going to be a fun second half of the season.

Can't do it. Denver is an ok team. But we lucked out with Orton not playing the 2nd half. I am not saying the Skins didn't deserve to win, they did. But one win does not overcome the multitude of problems this team has.

The Skins won't get blown out in Dallas - they have shown a propensity to stay in games. But they will lose by 10 - on the way to a 4-12 or 5-11 season.

Loved the heart yesterday, and loved seeing what we are capable of, but I don't really think this team has it in them for that kind of push. We might get 7-9, if we get some good breaks, but I don't see us doing much better.

Though, maybe all this hope you guys are putting on will surge them into playing like yesterday everyday. If that's the case, let people call you crazy, and keep on fighting.

Can't do it. Denver is an ok team. But we lucked out with Orton not playing the 2nd half. I am not saying the Skins didn't deserve to win, they did. But one win does not overcome the multitude of problems this team has.

The Skins won't get blown out in Dallas - they have shown a propensity to stay in games. But they will lose by 10 - on the way to a 4-12 or 5-11 season.

We didn't luck out of ****. We went into the half down by 3 (with Orton QBing). We corrected the coverage issues that gave them 14 points.

Nobody is saying there aren't problems, but yesterday showed that they can be overcome.

Sunday at 1PM the season was over...today????? Let's keep all the "so called stars" on the bench and see what "desire players" can do, as we saw Sunday.

I agree. The benching of Carlos Rogers was the best thing that could have happened. Finally, a "star" player was held accountable. That's what I want to see - accountability. If we beat Dallas, this team will get its swagger back. Will we make a crazy run to the playoffs? I have no idea. But a win over Dallas will certainly make that Philly game interesting...

Archived