Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question about cancelling season tickets

Rhodus333

Ratbird as in Ravens?

If so then yes I am tired of hearing them talk. They are 3-3 and their defense is a shadow of its former self. And I am sick and tired of hearing Joey Flacco called Joe Cool.

No one takes Joe Montana's nickname. No one.

I've never heard him mentioned as "Joe Cool," but I would agree that would be wrong. In a couple of years they're going to have the opposite problem as the Skins have now...they'll have a killer offense but they won't be able to stop anyone. That aside, Harbaugh is a great coach so I would assume that they'll be in the picture in the AFC for quite awhile.

Well, if you believe in the waitlist, that's just not true. Economically, a product is not overpriced if there are more people willing to buy that product at a given price than there are products available. As long as there are (allegedly) fans willing to buy season tickets from the Redskins who can't do so, the tickets are underpriced, if anything. Of course, many people are questioning the alleged waitlist, so it'll be interesting to see what happens come next spring and it's time for people to renew. We'll find out then if the price for tickets is right or not.

If there IS a waitlist, its not nearly as long as they say it is.

What IS long, however, is their marketing list.

You are part of the problem. You can only blame Snyder for so long. At some point, you need to start blaming yourself for supporting him. We're about at that point, depending on what happens in January.

Thank-you.

:silly:

i blame snyder for certain things, but i blame ceratto and the players on the field for the record just as much as i blame snyder.

and you can take this 'you're part of the problem' bull**** and shove it, i expect better than that from someone like you.

its sad when the fanbase is turning against itself, and the actual moderators and furthering the cause.

Okay. First of all, nobody knows what would happen if this team was 12-4 because it hasn't happened lately. But we know what happened last season when the team was 6-2, don't we? The Steelers game. :doh:

And yes, tix were pricey for that game, but that's because of Steelers fans. Otherwise the tickets would have been at face (which, by the way, is what I happened to get mine for, and great seats too).

How is that possible? Because Snyder has doubled the price of tickets since he took over. A face value ticket is already over-valued because of Snyder's price increases.

I"ve been sitting in after-market seats for years and years. IT'S EASY AND IT'S CHEAP! It doesn't matter if the team wins or losses. GREAT SEATS ARE CHEAP AND EASY TO FIND. I am not making this up. I am telling you what I've learned through many years of experience.

Here's a thread I posted three years ago:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?p=3367588#post3367588

The fact is, I am paying less than you, and I am sitting in better seats than you. And not just this year. Every year.

thats fine. i have a family tradition i'm carrying on, regardless of how stupid you think it is.

I also have no problem reselling my seats for face. I've had one game this year where one seat sat empty and its because i screwed up. I also don't mind paying 45$ for my seat, to sit with the same people week after week, year after year.

What you're donig is cheaper, and you do get better seats. There's more to that for some of us, and I'd expect someone like you to understand that.

If there IS a waitlist, its not nearly as long as they say it is.

What IS long, however, is their marketing list.

i agree.

the only rule for being on the list is that you at one time or another signed up.

i wish they'd quit calling it a 'waiting list', or start treating it like a waiting list. like you said, its a marketing list at this point.

I've never heard him mentioned as "Joe Cool," but I would agree that would be wrong. In a couple of years they're going to have the opposite problem as the Skins have now...they'll have a killer offense but they won't be able to stop anyone. That aside, Harbaugh is a great coach so I would assume that they'll be in the picture in the AFC for quite awhile.

It was mentioned so many times in the Ravens/Vikings game I was going to puke.

Also...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-01-04/news/0901040008_1_joe-flacco-joe-cool-ravens

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would support Snyder moving his team, as long as the DC area got to keep the name, records, and traditions.

If we got to keep the records and traditions, I'd be all for it. But I think you know as well as I do that if anything like that was to ever go down, they'd probably use it as a way to get us to change the name. The first question would be whether or not we'd get screwed like Baltimore, or accomodated like Cleveland. One would hope we'd get the Cleveland treatment, but I'm personally not willing to run the risk.

It was mentioned so many times in the Ravens/Vikings game I was going to puke.

Also...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-01-04/news/0901040008_1_joe-flacco-joe-cool-ravens

I didn't see the Ravens/Vikings because I was at the Skins/Chiefs, but they shouldn't be calling him that. Baltimore already has the greatest QB of all time anyways (my opinion)...

...or move it. (In other words, be careful what you wish for...)

I seriously doubt there's a market better than this one available. And don't say LA, because they only support WINNERS - two teams have already been there, tried that. Besides, if Snyder actually did that, the Jags owner would have his team changed into burgundy and gold and moved up here so fast, you'd hardly know they were gone. Even when they've been winners, Jax has barely supported the Jags. That owner would kill to have this fanbase. If he could move the team, he would do it in a heartbeat.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would support Snyder moving his team, as long as the DC area got to keep the name, records, and traditions.

you'd still need a team...

and right now, the other options aren't much better than what we currently have...

that being said, snyder also owns the rights for the arena football league expansion here, if one happens. I think he's pretty well invested into being in this area.

he'll change whatever he needs to change before he'll pick the team up and move up - unless the fan base refuses to support him even after he gives in to their demands.

what i find funny, is the number of people who compare Ted Leonsis to Snyder, and how snyder should take the tips from Leonsis.

One of his tips was to not give in to fan/media demands, and to keep focused on your strategy. Once it comes together and you start winning, the rest corrects itself.

of course, the emphasis is on the rest of leonsis' tips, not soley that one. just something i found funny.

Well, if you believe in the waitlist, that's just not true. Economically, a product is not overpriced if there are more people willing to buy that product at a given price than there are products available. As long as there are (allegedly) fans willing to buy season tickets from the Redskins who can't do so, the tickets are underpriced, if anything. Of course, many people are questioning the alleged waitlist, so it'll be interesting to see what happens come next spring and it's time for people to renew. We'll find out then if the price for tickets is right or not.
You are partly right.

The problem with the waitlist and the season ticket invoice is it only sells seats at one point in the year. That would be late winter. Because of that, buyers who buy at that time are not able to take advantage of market timing.

By using market timing, buyers will find there are more tickets than willing buyers. That is why prices plunge. And that is why I was able to pay $79 for 204 row 6 for the MNF game.

At this point, you have only a handful of tickets left - 4/10 that you bought. Why would you cancel? You could get your money back (or possibly even profit) on the secondary market.

Denver - good luck getting anywhere near face value

New Orleans - below face

Giants - near face

Cowboys - 150% of face at least

Now if you could get a refund of the preseason, we'd be talking!

:silly:

i blame snyder for certain things, but i blame ceratto and the players on the field for the record just as much as i blame snyder.

and you can take this 'you're part of the problem' bull**** and shove it, i expect better than that from someone like you.

its sad when the fanbase is turning against itself, and the actual moderators and furthering the cause.

You're in denial.

I do understand your point of view. You believe there is a certain elitism associated with Redskins season tickets. Unfortunately, that is no longer true. Eventually, you will realize this.

thats fine. i have a family tradition i'm carrying on, regardless of how stupid you think it is.
I wouldn't call it stupid. I'd call it ignorant. Nothing personal.

that 150% of face for cowboys is not true at this point.

you can't get 90k cowboys fans to fill the stadium any easier than 90k redskins fans.

the cowboys/giants/eagles tickets sell for above face when both teams are playing meaningful games. even then things like weather play a factor. and cheap seats can be found (as mark has said)

if that game becomes a 'playoff determiner', yeah, 150% can charged. I don't do it, but my friends who have seasont ickets have in the past.

if the redskins are 2-12 or whatever by that game, and the cowboys are around .500, then no, they'll be just as bad s the other games (marginally better).

You're in denial.

I do understand your point of view. You believe there is a certain elitism associated with Redskins season tickets. Unfortunately, that is no longer true. Eventually, you will realize this.

so now i'm an elitist?

there was some elitism back at RFK - because of the # of seats and the success of the team... that faded when they went to fedex, and has never returned.

i've said multiple times, in multiple threads, over a good period of time, that i don't think having season tickets makes you more of a fan than not having them.

so cut with the 'elitism' garbage. maybe some believe it, but judging by how hard it can be to get rid of tickets, and how empty the stadium is, even the most ignorant would have a hard time believing that.

I wouldn't call it stupid. I'd call it ignorant. Nothing personal.

call it what you want.

its not your choice, they're not your tickets, and you're just another person on the internet at the end of the day.

I'm not putting anymore weight on your posts than the guy with 5 total posts telling me if I cared about the team I'd give up my season tickets...

I used to feel relatively similar to you tshile. As I said, the tickets have been in my family since pre WW2. That's a lot of family tradition.

However, I've read some of Mark's ticket buying escapades and with the current climate have decided to reconsider. Mark is getting the same exact experience as I was, without sitting in the same section every week. Which actually sounds kinda exciting to me. He's still at the games, still tailgating, and still building tradition if his daughters choose to follow in his footsteps.

And, he doesn't have to pay for preseason unless he actually wants to. ;)

You are partly right.

The problem with the waitlist and the season ticket invoice is it only sells seats at one point in the year. That would be late winter. Because of that, buyers who buy at that time are not able to take advantage of market timing.

By using market timing, buyers will find there are more tickets than willing buyers. That is why prices plunge. And that is why I was able to pay $79 for 204 row 6 for the MNF game.

You're just a smart trader with well-above-average knowledge of this particular market! ;)

that 150% of face for cowboys is not true at this point.

you can't get 90k cowboys fans to fill the stadium any easier than 90k redskins fans.

the cowboys/giants/eagles tickets sell for above face when both teams are playing meaningful games.

if that game becomes a 'playoff determiner', yeah, 150% can charged. I don't do it, but my friends who have seasont ickets have in the past.

if the redskins are 2-12 or whatever by that game, and the cowboys are around .500, then no, they'll be just as bad s the other games (marginally better).

I disagree. I got about 180% for my Cowboys tickets recently. Granted, this is a down year and in year's past, you could net somewhere around 250% or more if you timed it properly. But Redskins-Cowboys is a special game that people will pay a premium to attend in any year. Everybody should go to at least one. I personally hate selling my tickets to that game, but you have to do what you have to do in times like these to balance out the losses that you take on other games. A wise buyer can still get a deal, but sellers can still get 150%, as bad as the Redskins are.

I used to feel relatively similar to you tshile. As I said, the tickets have been in my family since pre WW2. That's a lot of family tradition.

However, I've read some of Mark's ticket buying escapades and with the current climate have decided to reconsider. Mark is getting the same exact experience as I was, without sitting in the same section every week. Which actually sounds kinda exciting to me. He's still at the games, still tailgating, and still building tradition if his daughters choose to follow in his footsteps.

And, he doesn't have to pay for preseason unless he actually wants to. ;)

hey, look, i completely understand. and i'd be lying if I said I haven't considered it - I have, quite a few times.

but I don't like buyign tickets online, or from scalpers at the game. I've done it before, and I just don't like doing it. what can i say, i'm weird.

I also like the people I've sat around for a long time, and enjoy watching the games with them. i sat in the 100's during the rams game this year (cause i sold my tickets then decided to go...). i didn't enjoy it as much because I didn't know the people around me. again, what can I say, i'm weird...

as i've said, I do not fault anyone for giving up their tickets. I'm just asking that I not be ridiculed/called names for not following suit.

some of us have other reasons for keeping our seats.

I disagree. I got about 180% for my Cowboys tickets recently. Granted, this is a down year and in year's past, you could net somewhere around 250% or more if you timed it properly. But Redskins-Cowboys is a special game that people will pay a premium to attend in any year. Everybody should go to at least one. I personally hate selling my tickets to that game, but you have to do what you have to do in times like these to balance out the losses that you take on other games. A wise buyer can still get a deal, but sellers can still get 150%, as bad as the Redskins are.

fair enough. i never do that, i always sell my tickets at face. never more never less. i'm strickly going off what coworkers tell me they do with their tickets. so i don't have much first hand knowledge of it.

i let my coworker buy the cowboys tickets this year beacuse he's never been to a cowboys skins game before. i feel dumb for doing that, but oh well, he'll finally get to experience it.

You're just a smart trader with well-above-average knowledge of this particular market! ;)

Well, that's true. But it's not real complicated. Anybody can do it.

By the way, I agree with everything you said in the post below. I didn't comment on it earlier because there's really nothing to add. I just hope Snyder does the right thing come January so it doesn't come down to a season ticket holder boycott.

That's fine and all, but you can't deny that supporting the team is, in this case, aiding Dan Snyder in destroying it, too. Fans give Snyder money, which he then uses to drive the team into the ground - it's as simple as that.

Does anyone really think the Snyder/Cerrato duo is ever going to build a consistent winner? If no to both those questions, why spend money on this team? I'd never suggest anyone abandon their love of a team, but sometimes, an economic boycott is required.

hey, look, i completely understand. and i'd be lying if I said I haven't considered it - I have, quite a few times.

but I don't like buyign tickets online, or from scalpers at the game. I've done it before, and I just don't like doing it.

I also like the people I've sat around for a long time, and enjoy watching the games with them.

as i've said, I do not fault anyone for giving up their tickets. I'm just asking that I not be ridiculed/called names for not following suit.

some of us have other reasons for keeping our seats.

I'm with you on this issue. I am a long time season ticket holder and have no plans of giving up my seats. I would not go through the hassle of buying tickets and parking passes each week. I enjoy the people that I sit around as well.

In my opinion, no one but yourself can or should tell you how you should or shouldn't aquire your Redskins tickets. It's none of their business. What works for them may or may not work for you.

Archived