Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blow up Offense, who's safe for 2010???

Renegade7

I believe we can all collectively agree that the offensive side of the ball needs a massive overhaul just to be competitive in 2010. Curious on ya'lls opinion on at least who should be held over for the offense in 2010. Zorn is most likely gone after this season (not his fault, but he wasn't ready for this madness that is redskins nation), so do take this into consideration, WCO in DC could be dead at the end of 2009.

Todd Collins - If we draft a QB this offseason or the next, I'd like them to prove they are better then a "Todd Collins" before being given the keys. Our defense is good enough that a decent offense lead by a veteran QB can win football games

Clinton Portis - We need a better all around running back, but Portis would be a helluva #2 with his power running and pass-blocking

Santana Moss - If we blow up the WR core, I believe that Santana would be money in the slot, more so then ARE was supposed to be. He's not a starter anymore in my eye at least

Chris Cooley - Our best offensive player, we'd be insane to let him walk

Derrick Dockery - Shouldn't start, but would provide the quality depth we just don't have right now

Mike Williams - Another who shouldn't start but I like the idea of him coming in on Jumbo packages with a quality o-line

Marko Mitchell / Fred Davis - Too much of a talent to just let walk. If they don't work, they don't work, but if you hold over any of the young receivers, these should be the two. Potential is very cliche', I know, but I like their upside as opposed to the others.

To me, everyone I didn't mention on the offensive side of the ball is expendable and we shouldn't go out of our way to keep in DC. Trade 'em, cut 'em, don't care, I won't miss them.

That includes Jason Campbell. I've defended him as long as I can, but he just didn't look like a starting QB today. Didn't take advantage of the few oppurtunities given to him and could not get his offense to wake up and beleive in themselves. His teammates and his coach has lost faith in him, regardless of what they say, and he does not deserve another contract. The money can be spent elsewhere.

Sameuls is an injury away from getting seriously hurt for the rest of his life. Cap hit aside, I hope he retires for his own sake. He's given us a lot of good years, but it's finally time to move on and let go.

I'm not leaving my team, skins fan all day. Right now, if our offense keeps playing like it did against argueably the worst defense in the league, we might beat Oakland and that's it for 2009. Our defense is awesome, but unless they start scoring points for us, it's over. A lot questions are going to be answered between now and the Atlanta game. Eagles at home and the bye could prove to be the beginning of the end or a run for competitiveness.

O-Line: Cassey Rabach

Chris Samuel will retire. Randy Thomas is a has been. Derrick Dockery, Will Montgomery, Edwin Williams, and Stephan Heyer are decent as backup.

So, we need 4 new linemen. New LT, LG, RT, and RG.

I would let go Chris Rhinehart, Mike Williams.

WRs: Santana Moss, Malcom Kelly, Devin Thomas, Marko Mitchell.

Antwaan Randle El has to go. There is no room on the roster for this ineffective WR.

If I have draft picks remaining, I would draft one. But, not a top priority at the moment.

TEs: Chris Cooley, Fred Davis.

I would release Todd Yoder. Hasn't done much for us.

FBs: None.

Would let Mike Sellers go curb side.

RBs: Clinton Portis, Anthony Alridge.

Would release Ladell Betts, Marcus Mason, and Rock Cartwright.

I would draft a BIG, TALL, POWERHOUSE RB. Someone along the lines of an Adrian Peterson.

QBs: Todd Collins, Andre Woodson

Would cut or trade Jason Campbell and Colt Brennan.

Would draft a genuine cerebral franchise QB.

The offense decisions are easy. We have no idea who is coming in here but getting rid of 7 or 8 players right off the top is easy...simple...a no brainer.

2 QB's GONE

A.R.E. gone

Ladell Betts Gone

and then there are 3 linemen that must be replaced.

Mike Williams could still be a force after he continues to play himself into shape. But center is a huge problem and has been. Raybach is too light and commits too many critical penalties. We also need a left tackle to replace Samuels. and then right guard is just pathetic.

Just imagine if we had an all pro guard and all pro center. The interior would be strong but its too much to ask that the Skins ever consider going after high priced interior linemen because they are not sexy enuff for Snyder. Not even if they wear G-strings.

I'd keep for sure:

Todd Collins (If he'll come back)

Clinton Portis (there is no point to get rid of him right now)

Santana Moss

Chris Cooley

Derrick Dockery

Mike Williams

Mark Mitchell

Fred Davis

Casey Rabach (If his contract isn't out landish)

Probably Keep:

Chad Rheinhardt

Stephan Heyer (Yes because you need him for depth at least)

Devin Thomas

Malcolm Kelly (not time to throw these guys away)

Colt Brennan

THe difference is I would Keep JC because you dont' want to change both QBs and O-line personnel at the same time. I just feel the O-line need at Left and Right Tackle (Guard) is too high to just throw in the towel on JC. I wish we could dump him for someone else, but I just think its not a good idea.

Archived