Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Sam Bradford injured

Redskinzfan30

If Bradford is shut down for the season and has surgery on that shoulder, I'd expect him to drop out of the top 5 if not top 10 picks next year. This is of course if this scenario occurs and he can recover in time for the combine this may change.

Also Bradford is also a redshirt junior, so if he does have surgery, more then likely he will stay in college for his senior year.

Also Bradford is also a redshirt junior, so if he does have surgery, more then likely he will stay in college for his senior year.

I'm thinking the same thing. Don't be surprised if he stays for his senior year. If that is the case look for Clausen and Locker to be the first picks at QB. I have a feeling Locker is going to rocket up the boards when draft time nears. They are very different QBs, too. Clausen is more of a pocket passer but has picture perfect mechanics and one of the quickest releases I have ever seen. He is accurate and has a good but not huge arm. Locker is more athletic and definitely has an NFL arm, but he doesn't play in as much of an pro style offense and, as much as I like it when a QB takes off when he needs to, he is going to have to temper that and look to pass first in the NFL. I think he has more raw talent than Clausen but will take a little longer to get used to the NFL. Snead is stinking the joint up and if I were him I would stay as well. But if he declares he will probably be a 2nd rounder.

EDIT: If Locker and Bradford go back for their senior year Clausen will pretty much own the board most likely, with McCoy coming in second.

A little food for thought on Clausen.... Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Cassel, and Kyle Orton all look like big time QB's playing in Charlie Weis's offence. Quinn, Cassel, and Orton were or are mediocre when not playing in that offence.

so you are saying that charlie weiss makes these guys better

because orton looks a lot better than campbell

as for quinn the browns are the death of any first round qb

I watched the nd us game yesterday and Clausen has major leadership skills and put his team on his back to claw back into the game.. when is the last the skins had that

The best pro pospect in college today is Matt Barkley. Skins need another solution than going for the Bradford, McCoy, Clausen, Locker types. They are all 2nd rate "bustables.". Instead, keep an eye on "sleeper" guys like Pike, ZRobinson and Case Keenum. Skins should take Toby Gerhart with top choice and then a sleeper QB in second round.

I know this isn't directly related to the Skins but since they may draft him I thought I'd make this. Sam Bradford was injured today in the red river shootout. So does this affect his draft status? Do you think the Skins will draft him?

Bradford is a glass quarterback - Colt McCoy is an average Quarterback; I like Ressing......KU- but why should we draft another college quarterback, WHEN we have shown that our staff will sit on the bench?

Seriously - I am not a Colt blind follower - but to sit him on the bench? Na...waste of talent, IMO.

You take the franchise qb first good o lineman can be found in round two through 7 or undrafted it has been proven beofre in washington can happen again if scounts and gm do theire due dilligence

We are asking for a lot for the GM and scouts to do their job lol.

I do see your point, but I don't believe there is a franchise qb coming out in 2010. If we do draft a qb, I'll support him.

Honestly I haven't looked at enough mock boards yet to have a real opinion on who we should take.

Archived