Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can anybody recall seeing ticket prices this low?

Skins-Canes-Mounties

I sold my tickets for Sunday's game a little while ago. I took a beating taking $260 for 3 tickets in 132. Net of shipping and other fees, I got about $220 for $327 seats. Call me crazy, but I'm actually happy about it.

But out of curiosity, I took a look at stubhub to see the price of the last minute tickets being offered by desperate STHs and brokers.

Lower levels in 127 for $52 each. Dozens of lowers in the $60s. Row 16 in 434 for $23.

And a check of completed listings on ebay shows almost no listings actually selling.

Can anybody recall having seen prices lower than this in recent memory?? This is insane.

I once bought a pair of tickets in 450 row 23 for $30 in an eBay auction. It was on a Friday night before the game. Picked them up the following morning. Game was on Sunday. I didn't even need them, I just bought them for the heck of it because they were so cheap and I knew I could pick them up in person - no shipping. I gave them to my teenaged daughter so she could bring friends. This was probably five or six years ago. Yes it was a regular season game.

These prices now are particularly low. But I don't know if they are lower than the Spurrier years. But they probably seem lower.

Let me explain.

In 2006, Snyder raised ticket prices dramatically because the team had made the playoffs the year before and Gibbs was coach. The LL price was hiked 40%, from $79 to $108.90.

Snyder priced those tickets as if they were for a superbowl bound team. But we were not and we are not.

That is why the market prices seem so bad today. They're not really that much worse than before Gibbs 2. They just seem worse because of the ridiculous price hike in 2006. What we're seeing, as far as market price, is about what they were prior to Gibbs' arrival. The difference is, the face value is absurdly high today.

Hope this helps.

I found a game patron selling four seats together in the upper deck for $20 total. This was at 12:45 before the Tampa game. I didn't even need the tix.

$5 per seat is the cheapest I've ever seen. I'm not even sure if the dude got that b/c he just wanted to go in before kickoff and looked ready to give up.

lol okay. I can beat that. :)

3-4 years ago before a dead game much like this one coming up, two TG buddies, Steve and Sandy, gave their two tix to their kids and were planning on sitting out. So I'm walking towards Gate D and this guy is on the outside concourse standing there holding up two tickets, yelling "Got Two". I pointed over to our tailgate and said "Those two friends of mine over there will buy them. How much do you want?"

He said "You can have them," and he handed them to me and walked away.

mostvaluablekids.org

Tickets go to kids in need and veterans I believe and you can deduct the full face value off you taxes.

Also there is a Redskins ticket charity program called, "Redskins Replay"

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Replay_526.jsp

I have done this for the past two seasons and it's very worthwhile if you're know you're not going to the game. Especially this year when there's almost no point in trying to sell tickets...let the kids enjoy it and build future (hopefully post-Danny) Redskins fans!

Ok guys, this sunday will be my first ever redskins game, (or any nfl game for that matter) and i think this is a pretty good deal, wanted to get your guys take on it though:

-Section 434

- Rows 5 & 6

- Total 6 tickets

- 3 seats in one row and 3 directly behind it.

- Green Parking Pass

- 275$ for the total package.

Should i jump on it?

Ok guys, this sunday will be my first ever redskins game, (or any nfl game for that matter) and i think this is a pretty good deal, wanted to get your guys take on it though:

-Section 434

- Rows 5 & 6

- Total 6 tickets

- 3 seats in one row and 3 directly behind it.

- Green Parking Pass

- 275$ for the total package.

Should i jump on it?

If you can buy from ebay, no this isn't a good deal....

I just bought 2 tickets for Sundays game on eBay for $32 TOTAL for upper level (including shipping). I told my wife I got the tickets and she was all excited that we spent so little on the tickets.

Couple that with taking the Metro instead of paying for a parking pass (unless we can get a parking pass for less than $10) and we're making out pretty good.

With adjustments for inflation, costs of living, etc.

I'll bet this game will be the cheapest regular season ticket since the strike game at RFK in 1987 when we played the St. Louis Cards.

I understand that it's 92,000 seats vs. 55,000 but you get my point.

Archived