Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does snyder do when no big name coaching candidates even interview for the job b

chow184

See, I think they will interview here. And one of them will sign.

First of all, there are 32 coaching jobs to be had and many are completely locked down. Many that frequently open up are terrible situations for a big time head coach. Mike Holmgren isn't dying to get the Rams gig. Shannahan isn't dying to but on an orange and brown polo. Chucky isn't looking foward to get a Michigan mailing address.

Secondly, Snyder will probably be willing to make an offer that a big time HC cannot refuse. If that head coach gets fired, it's a nice check in years 3, 4, and 5 of the deal.

Thirdly, I believe that he would be willing to make some concessions toward his meddling. I know Snyder has to be more involved than turning a key, but I think they're will be some concession of power involved.

I know this begs the question, "What about Gibbs? Snyder/Cerrato was all over that mess of a roster!" Gibbs was over his head when he first returned and built a trust with Snyderatto because of success in that second year. Winning was a great deodorant towards the dysfunction of that arrangement.

Finally, a coach will know that (assume he has certain roster controls) the owner won't oppose spending the money to be productive. Granted that owner will smile with the check as he stomps down the fans who enable him to have that bankroll, but I digress. Earl Weaver once went on a great rant about how when coaches talk about wanting a challenge, they're lying thru their teeth. He said something along the lines of, "Give me the best team and I'll try and not **** it up!" With Snyder's checkbook and a little patience, that could be the case.

I guess that makes me an optimist. I know many on the board believe that Snyder wouldn't brake for a blind girl in the street, but you never know.

I consider Snyder at the crossroads. He can show he gives a crap about having a winning team and the fans by working nonstop to find the Redskins a good coach even if that means firing his buddy Vinny. Or Snyder can keep Vinny, find a incompetent coach, and ignore the fans.

Snyder the ball is in your court. So what are you going to do with it?

Archived