Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Every Team That Has Beaten the Redskins Previously Had Zero Wins

E-Dog Night

I don't know if the Elias Sports Bureau keeps tabs on things like this, but so far, all three Redskins losses have come at the hands of teams that previously had zero wins.

Granted, the Giants are tearing through their easy opening schedule, but from a technical, statistical standpoint, they had zero wins when they beat the Redskins.

Now you've got Detroit and Carolina (and oh how close it was to being 3 in a row to Tampa) getting their first win at the hands of the Redskins.

Next up: the Kansas City Chiefs...the 0-5 Kansas City Chiefs, who took Dallas to overtime today.

If the Redskins lose next week, which seems somewhere between possible and highly probable, then that has got to be some type of record.

Anybody know how to check to see if any team in NFL history has lost to 4 winless teams within the first 6 weeks of the season...or at anytime during an entire NFL season?

I had this in another thread...sort of...Skins are first team ever to open the season with SIX winless opponents at the time the Skins play them...How easy is that?

Has to be the one of the easiest schedules in the history of the NFL.

Let's throw the Giants game out. How scary is it to realize that the Redskins have 2 wins by a total of 5 points against 4 winless teams?

I'm sure someone will come up with a historical perspective on that during the week, or certainly if the Redskins lose to the Chiefs.

This is about the hundredth time this has been pointed out.

I know it's been mentioned, possibly not quite a hundred times, but what I was specifically hoping to find out was: in the history of the NFL, has one team lost 4 times in 6 games to previously winless teams?

Anyone got that stat officially?

This schedule has been ridiculously easy so far, Giants not withstanding. Were it not for this nice alignment of creampuffs put at the beginning of the schedule (games 2-6), we're looking at a team fully capable of playing to an 0-16 record.

Now when the games against the teams with winning records resume, we could witness some serious thrashings.

Discounting week one, not only did they blow a two TD lead against the winless Panthers, and end the second longest losing streak in league history; they barely beat a Rams team on an 11 game losing streak coming in, and squeaked by a hapless Tampa outfit by virtue of the Buccs missing two FG's and screwing up other great opportunities.

With NO guarantee we'll come out on top against the Chiefs next Sunday. In our house for crying out loud.

Only the Redskins could screw up such an essentially easy schedule, and look that bad even in the games they've won. Technically it couldn't of been any easier.

Just puts it even more into perspective just how bad this shambles actually is. :mad:

Hail.

Archived