Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning

haithman

No one likes Johnny U? :(

I think it's more in reference to the more modern QBs. For his era, Johnny U was without a doubt the best, as Sammy Baugh was undoubtedly the best of his time. But in the modern era of high scoring offenses with QBs that have more responsibilities than ever before, guys like Brady, Peyton, Marino, Elway, Montana, and etc are all going to come under discussion before the old greats like Baugh and Unitas.

Big Play Pey-Pey is the man, I've been saying that I think he's the best in the NFL, if not ever, for at least 4 years now, probably longer. People were all on Brady's jock, which is cool, Brady is awesome. But Peyton is a god, seriously, he's like Babe Ruth going out there calling his shot, and calling it correctly just about every time he lines up. Peyton, in my mind is the best QB I've ever watched play.

Same here.

By the end of his career I think he'll be considered the best QB in NFL history.

He needs to win another ring IMO. Until he does I think Brady will be considered better (hell the 2 are pretty much interchangeable until this season).

Peyton's the best so far this season.

Brady's lost a step (still good though).

Brees is a CLOSE second.

Favre is still there somewhere.

Top 10 QB's according to rating

1. Peyton Manning 114.1 12 TD's / 4 INT's

2 Eli Manning 111.7 10 TD's / 2 INT's

3. Drew Brees 108.4 9 TD's / 2 INT's

4. Brett Favre 104.1 9 TD's / 2 INT's

5. Matt Hasselbeck 103.1 7 TD's / 2 INT's

6 Matt Ryan 102.9 7 TD's / 2 INT's

7. Ben Roethlisberger 102.6 8 TD's / 5 INT's

8. Aaron Rodgers 101.1 6 TD's / 1 INT

9 Matt Schaub 97.9 10 TD's / 4 INT's

10. Kyle Orton 97.4 7 TD's / 1 INT

And guess who comes in at number 19 on the list....

Tom Brady 85.9 6 TD's / 2 INT's

To be fair, Manning had 3 tds and seven interceptions in the postseason when he won the Super Bowl.
Oh, I know. I just hate Big Ben too much to let a comment like that slide.
Last year, the Colts were eleventh in total defense.
Close enough. I mean, they were neck and neck with a stud D like the Bengals'.

Peyton would be a helluva head coach......

I've always thought that. Peyton could literally go straight from his retirement podium to an office as an offensive coordinator. The guy is the most cerebral player I've ever seen. His accuracy is still unreal. Arm strength can still get the job done. The guy is honestly the best QB to watch from a pure enjoyment standpoint . . . As one poster said earlier, you just sit back and marvel at how amazing he is.

His understanding of the game alone is worth a few more wins every season.

Being the Colts' offensive coordinator/HC has probably got to be one of the easiest jobs in the world (from an offensive point of view). Just sit back and watch golden boy take care of business.

From what I understand, they kind of let Peyton decide what play to run. Before each snap, Tom Moore sends Peyton 3 plays as "suggestions", and let's Peyton decide which one to run based on what he sees out there. Truly remarkable.

I've always thought that. Peyton could literally go straight from his retirement podium to an office as an offensive coordinator. The guy is the most cerebral player I've ever seen. His accuracy is still unreal. Arm strength can still get the job done. The guy is honestly the best QB to watch from a pure enjoyment standpoint . . . As one poster said earlier, you just sit back and marvel at how amazing he is.

His understanding of the game alone is worth a few more wins every season.

He makes it look so freaking easy. And he's playing out of his mind this season without Marvin Harrison, and has essentially completely erased any memory of him with nobodies like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie. Peyton is an absolute stud, and I honestly feel privileged to be able to see him play.

yup. That 23.7 qbr in his first superbowl was really clutch.

The colts have had a top 10 defense the last two years and look like they are well on their way to making it a third consecutive year. And peyton has yet to win a playoff game over that span.

23.7 or not.... They won

big-ben is the most underrated player in the nfl

Garcon is far from a nobody. The guy tore it up in D3 with Mount Union. Yes, it was D3 football, but he was very, very good. The only reason why no one knows him is he didn't play big time collegiate ball. I'm sure if he went to a D1 school he'd be fairly well known.

(I feel like John Madden stating the obvious.)

top 10 qb's according to rating

1. Peyton manning 114.1 12 td's / 4 int's

2 eli manning 111.7 10 td's / 2 int's

3. Drew brees 108.4 9 td's / 2 int's

4. Brett favre 104.1 9 td's / 2 int's

5. Matt hasselbeck 103.1 7 td's / 2 int's

6 matt ryan 102.9 7 td's / 2 int's

7. Ben roethlisberger 102.6 8 td's / 5 int's

8. Aaron rodgers 101.1 6 td's / 1 int

9 matt schaub 97.9 10 td's / 4 int's

10. Kyle orton 97.4 7 td's / 1 int

and guess who comes in at number 19 on the list....

Tom brady 85.9 6 td's / 2 int's

where is the redskins qb on that list?

Top 10 QB's according to rating

1. Peyton Manning 114.1 12 TD's / 4 INT's

2 Eli Manning 111.7 10 TD's / 2 INT's

3. Drew Brees 108.4 9 TD's / 2 INT's

4. Brett Favre 104.1 9 TD's / 2 INT's

5. Matt Hasselbeck 103.1 7 TD's / 2 INT's

6 Matt Ryan 102.9 7 TD's / 2 INT's

7. Ben Roethlisberger 102.6 8 TD's / 5 INT's

8. Aaron Rodgers 101.1 6 TD's / 1 INT

9 Matt Schaub 97.9 10 TD's / 4 INT's

10. Kyle Orton 97.4 7 TD's / 1 INT

And guess who comes in at number 19 on the list....

Tom Brady 85.9 6 TD's / 2 INT's

Rating doesn't tell the whole story. Give me Brees, probably Favre, maybe Ben, possibly Ryan over Eli.

Archived