Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynsworth's 100 mill

bigdoublebass

We could have got one of the top young centers in the game, 26 year old Jason Brown from the Ravens for about $40 million. Could have picked up Jahiri Evans from the Saints, one of the top guards in the league for about $50 million. Could have picked up Vernon Carey or Orlando Pace for tackle for about $50 million.

That's 3 Pro Bowl offensive linemen to get rid of Rabach, Thomas and Heyer instead of signing Haynesworth and overpaying for Hall.

We would then have a line of Samuels-Dockery-Brown-Evans-Carey. That's getting much younger and a ton better.

Eh... Good linemen hardly ever hit free agency.
Who? What Oline FA's were available? There weren't many which is why we didn't sign any.
Exactly there was NO ONE in FA to sign. My hope is that we'll take care of this in the draft.
Exactly who would we have signed with that $100 million?

See my post. It's be great if you guys wouldn't make claims without knowing the facts.

We could have one of the best guards in the league Jahiri Evans--he was available. We could have had one of the best young centers in the league, Jason Brown. And we could have picked up a solid RT in Vernon Carey. They were all available for the prices I mentioned.

We could have got one of the top young centers in the game, 26 year old Jason Brown from the Ravens for about $40 million. Could have picked up Jahiri Evans from the Saints, one of the top guards in the league for about $50 million. Could have picked up Vernon Carey or Orlando Pace for tackle for about $50 million.

That's 3 Pro Bowl offensive linemen to get rid of Rabach, Thomas and Heyer instead of signing Haynesworth and overpaying for Hall.

We would then have a line of Samuels-Dockery-Brown-Evans-Carey. That's getting much younger and a ton better.

Vernon Carey was re-signed by the Dolphins a week before FA started. So we couldn't get him.

Evans signed a RFA tender as well.

Only Brown of those guys you listed was available. And he's not that great, there were just literally no other free agent linemen outside of him and Dockery on the market worth anybody's time.

See my post. It's be great if you guys wouldn't make claims without knowing the facts.

We could have one of the best guards in the league Jahiri Evans--he was available. We could have had one of the best young centers in the league, Jason Brown. And we could have picked up a solid RT in Vernon Carey. They were all available for the prices I mentioned.

A different QB would be cheaper and gain better results.

Archived