Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a RB on the trading block?

Skinner144

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just supposing, we keep working out RB's, maybe there is a possible trade brewing

"Also, the Redskins worked out free-agent RB Keon Lattimore today, according to a league source, just days after looking at Chris Henry. The team already is carrying five running backs and one fullback on its 53-man roster — highly unusual in itself."

Dont know about salary cap ramifications, but which one would you like to see go or who do you think is most likely to be traded if a trade was to happen. I think it has to Portis (plus i have been tired of his me first attitude for a couple of years now, he is still the best pass protection RB we got though) or Betts to get any value maybe Cartwright for something late.

Any Ideas what teams may be looking for RB?

Maybe Chester Taylor? IDK. I highly doubt we trade for a top tier RB at this juncture. I think we go to war with what we have, possibly adding a guy due to injury or somebody off the scrap heap that we can develop.

I was thinking we trade one away not for another, maybe draft picks or a linebacker.

It would probably scare us off. Taking a 13+ million dollar cap hit to move a guy isn't feasable.

We have 2 more games before trade deadline, don't know how salary cap works with trade midseason, but would the hit be pro-rated in anyway, so as we get farther in season Portis would become more tradeable? Especially if we were to lose next 2 games, hope not.

We have 2 more games before trade deadline, don't know how salary cap works with trade midseason, but would the hit be pro-rated in anyway, so as we get farther in season Portis would become more tradeable? Especially if we were to lose next 2 games, hope not.

I don't know the exact numbers, but the cap gets pro-rated after June 1, which spreads the cap hit over two years instead of one. I think midseason, the cap is accelerated immediately. Not sure what's left of his signing bonus, but I think the number is over 13 million.

It basically renders CP untradeable. I'm a big fan of CP, and I'd trade him if we could to see if we can build up from the ground up next year. It just can't really happen without handcuffing the rest of the team. Such is money management under Lord Snyder.

*edit* For anyone interested, the Atlanta Falcons have put up a great salary cap 101 resource onto their website. Check it out if you guys want to get a better idea of how the thing works.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People/Fans/Salary_Cap_101.aspx

I don't know the exact numbers, but the cap gets pro-rated after June 1, which spreads the cap hit over two years instead of one. I think midseason, the cap is accelerated immediately. Not sure what's left of his signing bonus, but I think the number is over 13 million.

It basically renders CP untradeable. I'm a big fan of CP, and I'd trade him if we could to see if we can build up from the ground up next year. It just can't really happen without handcuffing the rest of the team. Such is money management under Lord Snyder.

*edit* For anyone interested, the Atlanta Falcons have put up a great salary cap 101 resource onto their website. Check it out if you guys want to get a better idea of how the thing works.

That was what I was thinking for a rebuild, If it was only baseball Lord Snyder could pay somebody 13 million. If at any time season becomes a wash :doh: I would really like us to play the younger RB's just to see what they can do, and learn to hold onto football. Thanks for link.

Again, week 4 is not the time to do this.

The point is we need to get younger at the RB position. Portis is a shell of his former self. Betts has zero burst and is an extremely soft RB. Rock's biggest strength is his kick/punt coverage. We aren't winning with this team as it is currently constructed. I don't care when we start to blow it up - Week 4 or after we finish 3-13.

I think you are right in the fact Portis cap figure is huge and makes him untradable and to add to the problems there is no June 1st in an uncapped year ...

I do think it i interesting to see what is going on at RB though, it does look lie a possition that is going to be overhauled at the earliest opportunity ..

Trying out another running back? But then you can't sign one because you have no roster room (actually maybe we should call it 'romper room' based on the team play and chaos this season so far)? If Portis, Betts , Cartwright, Mason, Sellers and Aldridge aren't doing their jobs well, then let one of them go (my vote is for Portis as he is beginning to finally becoming a real PITA now).

Still the OL needs help and they continue to look at running backs. Hey if the holes and blocking aren't there, I'm sure even Peterson would be under 200 yards for the year right now.

Another thing that is becoming evident is that because of the lavish contracts the Snyderrato regime has bestowed on players like Portis, those contracts and the salary cap hits become the albatross that makes ditching players like Portis virtually impossible.

Snyderrato needs to stop acting like Jack kent Cooke who doled out big contracts in the pre-cap era. Back then if you had teh $$$ there were no restrictions on contracts. Unfortunately I think Snyderrato still operate under that premise today.

Archived