Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a RB on the trading block?

Skinner144

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we would be lucky to get a late round pick for Betts. A 5th would probably be stretching it. Maybe someone would offer a 6th or 7th, maybe not.

CP is not tradeable due to cap implications, and Rock has no trade value. Either do Mason or Alridge for that matter.

Betts really is the only possibility, and if I am a GM I would rather sign a younger Chris Henry and save the 2010 draft pick as opposed to using the pick on an 8 year veteran like Betts.

Just don't see a trade happening.

Portis won't get anything, most teams and NFL fans do not think as highly of him as our burgundy koolaid drinking fans. At best I could see a team offer a 5th rounder just for his talent and age but when they factor in his cap numbers there isn't a single competent team IMO that would trade for him.

That said Keon Lattimore looked great in the preseason, explosive and strong with good movement and big enough to carry the load. I say get rid of betts for Lattimore. I actually remember saying in preseason Lewis's brother looked better then any RB on our roster.

Where's the "no" option? No, there's no RB on the trading block. I don't think anyone would trade for any of our RBs. I'm not even insinuating that Portis is bad, I'm just saying I doubt anyone is interested, and they're definitely not interested in the rest of them. We'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder for ANY of our other RBs, and we'd be lucky to get a 4th or 5th for Portis right now. His best years are pretty much behind him. He's 28 and his body is breaking down.

If we can sign Lattimore to our PS, I say do it. And yes, I'm a slight UMD homer, but I don't really follow college football enough to count. I'd try to trade Betts for a 6th or 7th, and Rock for a 7th. Neither will happen unless a team gets devastated at the position in the next 2 weeks. Either way, Rock and/or Betts should be gone next year, and with Portis aging I'd let Mason/Alridge/Lattimore/draft pick/UDFA fight it out for the 2 backup spots, playing no favorites.

Archived