Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Portis Isn't Winning Any Fans Among Teammates

@DCGoldPants

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/portis-isnt-winning-himself-an.html#more

Portis Isn't Winning Any Fans Among Teammates

I just received a few more texts and calls from league sources about the Mike Sellers-Clinton Portis incident, and this is not good for the Redskins.

Some people in the locker room wouldn't have been too upset if Sellers had landed a couple of blows (no punches were thrown), because Portis's act has worn real thin with some of his teammates, according to the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity. His teammates long ago accepted that Portis holds himself to a different standard and often has simply chosen not to practice, and that Portis's chummy relationship, at least in prior seasons, with owner Daniel Snyder is what it is.

More after the link.

The fans want conflict. The media gives it to us.

I'm sure Portis' act getting real old. Yeah right. Something tells me Santana and CP are still cool.

that's because they're both sharing an apartment way back in 2005 while the rest of the world is sitting here in 2009 wondering wtf

yea man I thought it wasn't gonna be an issue no more but I see its wishful thinking..CP finally getting tired of getting beat up on each & every week that he acts like he's some kind of god to him team IMO

I guess tripping on invisible objects or white lines painted on the field, or his own feet is what you call getting beat up then yes... he has been mauled this season...

So i guess now people will finally believe that Portis a a 100% Pure Grade *******.

It will come to blows eventually, because the team has grown tired of his constant **** talking...

Portis the player: A+

Portis the person: *******, Chump, Bad Team Mate

IMO, he's not an A+ anymore.

if it is true and the locker room is getting tired of portis' narcissism, then maybe there is hope for this team... cause they should have fragged his ass years ago for publicly calling out his teammates...

no one on the team nor staff has had the sack to properly deal with portis... maybe collectively they will address the situation...

Portis has quickly become a very mediocre back in this league. He, quite simply, doesn't make big plays. He hasn't been a playmaker in a long time - really, he's only shown occasional spurts since he's been a Redskin (and only when our line is playing at its absolute best). He doesn't make defenders miss and never seems to turn a sure loss into a solid gain. He doesn't have the speed or quickness to get to the edge anymore and he's not physically imposing enough to run between the tackles and run over/by linebackers. Yes, he's a great blocker, but he's also horrendous as a pass-catcher out of the backfield.

All of this, coupled with the notions that he's the highest paid RB in the league and a divisive lockeroom personality, spells a far more imminent end to Portis' tenure as our running back then anyone probably thought was coming.

I fully expect the team to explore the option of drafting a top running back in the first round next year, depending on where we're drafting and how Campbell performs by year's end. And for everyone who is quick to note that Portis is so chummy with Snyder: well, how'd that work out for Lavar?

The fans want conflict. The media gives it to us.

I'm sure Portis' act getting real old. Yeah right. Something tells me Santana and CP are still cool.

So??

His best friend on the team is still in his corner and that's supposed to mean something? This team is becoming far too comfortable for any somewhat established veterans...

I don't care if your name is Portis or Mason, Moss or Mitchell...I want the coaches to start playing the best possible player at each position and I want the incumbent starters to quit acting entitled.

Much of this will resolve itself when some vets are let go this off-season.

Archived