Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just a simple, quick question.

TK

Alex Gibbs was the guy that I said we should bring in WITH Portis. We wasted so much of Portis' career (or helped grind him down) when if we had Gibbs teaching our offensive line, we would have gotten a ton of production from the running game (at more Yards per pop) and with bigger plays.

It was our incorporation of zone blocking that helped rejuvenate what was turning into a moribund tenure here in DC for Portis.

Never quite sure why we didn't bring him in immediately. I mean, besides Bugel, who we all love but you don't trade for Portis then turn him into a grinder.

It is telling that Shannon Sharpe said he was the best player he ever played with (even with hyperbole factored in, that's pretty high praise.) Hope Portis still has a few years left.

Alex Gibbs was the guy that I said we should bring in WITH Portis. We wasted so much of Portis' career (or helped grind him down) when if we had Gibbs teaching our offensive line, we would have gotten a ton of production from the running game (at more Yards per pop) and with bigger plays.

It was our incorporation of zone blocking that helped rejuvenate what was turning into a moribund tenure here in DC for Portis.

Never quite sure why we didn't bring him in immediately. I mean, besides Bugel, who we all love but you don't trade for Portis then turn him into a grinder.

It is telling that Shannon Sharpe said he was the best player he ever played with (even with hyperbole factored in, that's pretty high praise.) Hope Portis still has a few years left.

wouldnt surprise me if this season goes into the toilet pretty quickly that portis gets shut down to rest up for next season and mason/betts/whoever gets the rest of the carries this season.

id love to have a real zone blocking scheme brought in here to potentially prolong portis' career. we still need to look for a legit replacement for him this offseason though.

wouldnt surprise me if this season goes into the toilet pretty quickly that portis gets shut down to rest up for next season and mason/betts/whoever gets the rest of the carries this season.

id love to have a real zone blocking scheme brought in here to potentially prolong portis' career. we still need to look for a legit replacement for him this offseason though.

A legit zone blocking scheme is something that fans have been asking for years. Sadly it will mean Buges being sent out to pasture. Odds are that Samuels and Dockery will be the only returning starters next year from day 1 of this year so no better time like the near future to get going with this.

I like the thinking boss man.

With the "consultant" being brought in before the bye, it would appear a change is pretty inurement. And what a slap in the face that was to Zorn, bringing in a guy to show him how to do his job, but I digress .....

If it is to be Shanahan, I just wish we already had his QB in place, but that's a lost subject. (Mumbles obscenities about those lucky, blasted Bears. :mad:.).

Hail.

You're going to take away that 1/2 cookie for this insight: Alex Gibbs worked with Michael Vick in Atlanta - a way to lure MV to DC?........

Oh dear lord no... I would never watch this team again.

I'm taking the crumbs too. :silly: This has nothing to do with Vick. Vick won't be coming here & we're not going to discuss him in this thread again. :)

A legit zone blocking scheme is something that fans have been asking for years. Sadly it will mean Buges being sent out to pasture. Odds are that Samuels and Dockery will be the only returning starters next year from day 1 of this year so no better time like the near future to get going with this.

i wonder if samuels could potentially move to right tackle to potentially prolong his career. heyer has been disappointing IMO, and we could draft the next chris samuels (or someone hopefully comparable).

This thread title sure is misleading.

:dj: :kungfu: :dj:

Agree with you.

I'm going to guess that's because you two couldn't find an answer. Or you're both mad because I'm all outta cookies. :silly:

i wonder if samuels could potentially move to right tackle to potentially prolong his career. heyer has been disappointing IMO, and we could draft the next chris samuels (or someone hopefully comparable).

For an undrafted rookie, I think Heyer probably is not done developing. I'm amazed how quickly he's progressed. It would be foolish to pull the plug on him now.

I agree that we do need a replacement stud left tackle, and soon.

That's not a bad call, and taking that on further, as much as I love Chris, he's been pushed around by some far from top bracket D-linemen in recent weeks.

Hail.

For an undrafted rookie, I think Heyer probably is not done developing. I'm amazed how quickly he's progressed. It would be foolish to pull the plug on him now.

Rhino was a tackle in college, I wonder how he could do at RT.

heyer is a depth guy, not a starter. i think hes valuable to the team but he shouldnt be counted on as a full time starter. maybe he develops more in the future, who knows, but id rather see samuels at RT and a 22 year old beast LT.

That's not a bad call, and taking that on further, as much as I love Chris, he's been pushed around by some far from top bracket D-linemen in recent weeks.

Hail.

i know, hes just getting older, it happens. hes still a very good LT and were lucky to have him, i just think we need to start getting younger on the oline and LT is the first place to start that process.

I'm going to guess that's because you two couldn't find an answer. Or you're both mad because I'm all outta cookies. :silly:

You know what would make me not mad? I want to read a TK manifesto on the state of the Redskins. Negatives, positives, and future possibilities. Coaching, ownership, players, and fans.

That would make for a great workplace read. What do you say, TK?

I see where you are going with this TK a good ol Broncos reunion here in DC. Bring in Shanny as the HC, Kubiak as the OC and Gibbs at the line coach (since those guys will be fired in Houston after this season). I like that staff they did good things in Denver when together.

You know what would make me not mad? I want to read a TK manifesto on the state of the Redskins. Negatives, positives, and future possibilities. Coaching, ownership, players, and fans.

That would make for a great workplace read. What do you say, TK?

Start digging.:)

I see where you are going with this TK a good ol Broncos reunion here in DC. Bring in Shanny as the HC, Kubiak as the OC and Gibbs at the line coach (since those guys will be fired in Houston after this season). I like that staff they did good things in Denver when together.

Say what you will, it's too late - the cookies are gone.

I still cannot believe that fans are sticking up for Heyer. He never was or will be starting material and never will be.

Look at his stats one on one versus LDE's so far this year.

12 tackles

2 TFL

2 PD

2 sack

2 QB hit

and this is against 3 of the worst team defenses in the NFL. The only reason it isn't worse is that they doubled Kiwi the 1st game against the Giants constantly. The 12 tackles themselves prove that we cannot run off tackle his direction.

Archived