Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush falling fast in latest Zoby job ratings

88Comrade2000

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=721

Yes. Can't wait to send Bush home to Crawford. Now, will the democrats nominate someone capable of beating him though? Right now, it looks like I'm going to vote 3rd party for the first time- can't vote for a liberal democrat.

4 years of bush is enough. Frankly, 4 years is enough. 8 years is too long to put control of government under one person.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

None of the polls ever mention an alternate.

Considering that 65% of Americans cant even name the Dem candidates, it's still a safe bet that BUsh will cruise through.

pretty similar to bush sr in 92 no? i had never heard of clinton, and thought bush would crush him.

No, but there is no Ross Perot this time or "No New Taxes".

If you can find ANY poll that shows a specific Dem candidate beating Bush, I'll start to worry. As it stands, the last poll I saw had Kerry the closest losing 52-37.

I got a question, how long intill a 3rd party wins the white house? I think it has been done before, George Washington had no party, Teddy R. made up his own party, The Bull Moose, so how long will it take for the next on to come along? It seems that there aren't to many PURE Dems, or PURE Repubs, it is just the closest real party to their veiws.

My guess, in the next 20 years, it will happen.

No President ever impeached was ever re-elected either.

Their are plenty of historical adages we could use about Bush and make the claim that history will repeat so he will win.

When a Dem starts to make a serious charge,

that's when I'll get nervous.

A "3rd Party" will NEVER win the White House. There may be a time that one of the 2 current parties loses it's grip and a new MAJOR party takes it's place. It happened with the Whigs.

But the chances of a Libertarian or Reform party candidate winning with 2 majors in the game is zero.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

A "3rd Party" will NEVER win the White House. There may be a time that one of the 2 current parties loses it's grip and a new MAJOR party takes it's place. It happened with the Whigs.

But the chances of a Libertarian or Reform party candidate winning with 2 majors in the game is zero.

What about a strong independent?

To think it's a safe bet that bush will cruise is poor reasoning. You'd be hard pressed to find reason to believe that this means bush will falter too. But there can be no doubt that this is a bad thing for bush.

Why are the poll numbers changing? the economy is doing better. People are being hired in a few sectors. the stock market is picking itself up from off the floor. the only explanation for these recent dips is the one thing that could destroy bush in an election (emphasis on could here).

I think this means that some people really do care about the fact that bush presented innacurate assesments of intelligence to the american people. If this turns out to be something most americans consider to be an important lapse of judgement on bush's part, that could be a majr obstacle for bush's reelection.

-DB

I kinda hope a dem wins. the electorate will balance by shifting to a more heavy republican senate/house iot forestall the inevitable financial assault through increased taxes....and my friends and I get to do everything possible to unseat another democratic prez by fair means or foul!

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

To think it's a safe bet that bush will cruise is poor reasoning. You'd be hard pressed to find reason to believe that this means bush will falter too. But there can be no doubt that this is a bad thing for bush.

Why are the poll numbers changing? the economy is doing better. People are being hired in a few sectors. the stock market is picking itself up from off the floor. the only explanation for these recent dips is the one thing that could destroy bush in an election (emphasis on could here).

I think this means that some people really do care about the fact that bush presented innacurate assesments of intelligence to the american people. If this turns out to be something most americans consider to be an important lapse of judgement on bush's part, that could be a majr obstacle for bush's reelection.

-DB

DB....I think you vastly overestimate the intelligence of the American electorate. Lets face it, most people couldn't find Iraq on a freakin' map....much less verbalize a cogent, valid, well-informed assessment regarding the events of the past year. There's no secret behind Bush's declining poll numbers....the press is on a feeding frenzy and is hammering him. The 'public' simply takes that in, and absorbs whatever its told (in 30 second sound bites on radio and tv) without question, and thats the sum total of their education. Despite my biting commentary, I respect the likes of Kurp, Larry, gbear, even JackC because, although they vehemently disagree with me most of the time, at least they are involved enough to understand the core facts. The American people are (and it pains me to say so) generally a disinterested, uninformed, and intellectually lazy lot. So they believe what they're told to believe plain and simple.

I believe an Independent canidate might have a shot in certain circumstances. Perhaps something totally out of left field like a Jesse Ventura, only on a national scale. Before he declared a party affiliation, I thought Colin Powell might have a shot at an Independent candidacy.

For a third party, I think it'd have to be based on some red-hot issue, and we haven't seen anything like that for over half a century (I'm thinking of the 'Dixiecrats').

Originally posted by panel

I got a question, how long intill a 3rd party wins the white house? I think it has been done before, George Washington had no party, Teddy R. made up his own party, The Bull Moose, so how long will it take for the next on to come along? It seems that there aren't to many PURE Dems, or PURE Repubs, it is just the closest real party to their veiws.

My guess, in the next 20 years, it will happen.

Unless there's a depression, probably not. You need the country to be in a real economic trouble for a third party to win and like has been side. More than likely that third party would become one of the major parties and one of the other parties ceases to exist.

I can't wait for next year. Should be a nasty race. Democrats out for revenge of 2000. Republicans trying to get more seats and Bush trying to keep his job.

Good economy? Well that depends on who you ask. This has been a jobless recovery. Part of that is due to better productivity. Companies really don't need to rehire people they let go. Also, some jobs will never come back, as we continue to head towards more service economy.

If the democrats are stupid enough to nominate a pure liberal, then Bush will win. IF they can nominate someone who can pass off as a moderate, they have a chance. It depends on how Iraq unfolds and the economy is in Nov. 2004. I think the race will be closer than many think it will be.

If Bush wins, I hope the democrats win congress to keep him in check. Same thing if a democrat wins: democrat prez-republican congress. Right now I'm leaning towards a protest 3rd party vote.

I voted 3 times and each time the person I voted for has dissatisfied me.

democrat, republican, independent....who cares? I for one would like to see, just once, a real leader. an individual who has a transcendant vision.

redskins2000....I'm pretty much of the same mind as to how this will unfold...with the additional thought that whoever wins will not be able to govern with much authority or success.

Archived