Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five Reasons Why This Is Most Exciting Season In Years

Gregpeck99

Fans on this Board are in an uproar over the sorry performance of the B&G. Not me. I actually find every week's game to be intensely exciting. Its more exciting than a playoff run. Why? Here are five reasons:

1. Zorn has set a new standard for HC ineptitude. How bad or "wierd" can his play calling get? He seems to reach new lows every game. This guy is supposed to be an offensive genius and has turned out to be anything but. The anticipation of what "bonehead" plays he will call during each game has become an exciting event.

2. The performance of Campbell at QB. How bad or good can this guy be? He marches the team smartly down the field, then seems to go into brain shock when he sees the other team's goalline. Watching a Campbell performance is never dull. I don't know whether to cheer or to close my eyes.

3. Will the Defense show up. How can a squad with such "stars" as Haynesworth, Griffin, Fletcher, MacIntosh, Orakpo, Rogers, Hall and Landry play so inconsistently each week. It can't be just the coaching. Someone must be spiking their Gatoraid. These guys should dominate. Will they ever?

4. Its gonna be something if the intensly passionate Skins fans base shows up at home games wearing "bags" over their heads, or if they start "booing" the team's non-performance. Maybe half the stadium will be empty when the Chiefs come to town. Did you ever imagine this at a Skins home game? Anticipating what the fans in the stands are gonna do to vent their frustration is becoming as exciting as the game on the field.

5. When will Danny or Vinny say or do something. The thundering silence coming out of the FO can't last forever. Will Zorn be fired mid-season.? Will Collins be named starter? Will they do nothing? The suspense is killing me.

Does anyone else out there also find it exciting and fun to be a Skins fan in these turbulent times ... or is it just a case of msiery wanting company? By comparison, the days of being a competitive team seem kinda dull. What do you all think?

4. Its gonna be something if the intensly passionate Skins fans base shows up at home games wearing "bags" over their heads, or if they start "booing" the team's non-performance. Maybe half the stadium will be empty when the Chiefs come to town. Did you ever imagine this at a Skins home game? Anticipating what the fans in the stands are gonna do to vent their frustration is becoming as exciting as the game on the field.

don't know about the other 4, but this will not happen for a long time. Unless something drastic happens.

Fans on this Board are in an uproar over the sorry performance of the B&G. Not me. I actually find every week's game to be intensely exciting. Its more exciting than a playoff run. Why? Here are five reasons:

2. The performance of Campbell at QB. How bad or good can this guy be? He marches the team smartly down the field, then seems to go into brain shock when he sees the other team's goalline. Watching a Campbell performance is never dull. I don't know whether to cheer or to close my eyes.

This is the very reason for our offensive struggles. We have the talent and receivers who can burn any defense, but not with this idiot leading this team and I don't know how many games or years it will take to prove he has always held us back from scoring.

Now somebody show me his stats of how high he scores, and show me I'm wrong! I am all out of patients with this Bozo, and the sooner we switch, the sooner we start winning again.

Make up your mind, Greg. Are the obvious red zone problems due to Zorn's poor playcalling or are they Campbell's fault?

Sellers missed a block on one goal ine run. He dropped a pass on another. Thomas dropped a pass. I think execution is one of the problems, don't you?

not with this idiot leading this team and I don't know how many games or years it will take to prove he has always held us back from scoring.

Perhaps "idiot" is too strong a word. Campbell has disappointed no doubt. But he is a tease ... you see so much talent dripping through the cracks ... up to now that has not been enough and that's why its exciting.

Make up your mind, Greg. Are the obvious red zone problems due to Zorn's poor playcalling or are they Campbell's fault?

Sellers missed a block on one goal ine run. He dropped a pass on another. Thomas dropped a pass. I think execution is one of the problems, don't you?

Its a combination of things definitely ... its never black and white as you suggest ... I can't help thinking that a more talented QB would overcome some of the side issues that every team deals with. JC seems to increase the deficit rather than reduce it.

Riding on the Titanic was probably exciting too...how did that turn out??? That is how this season is going to be.

W'ere talkin about a game ... not life and death ... big difference. But I agree the Skins can go way down ... and whether they do ... and how they deal with it ... is exciting to contemplate.

This is the very reason for our offensive struggles. We have the talent and receivers who can burn any defense, but not with this idiot leading this team and I don't know how many games or years it will take to prove he has always held us back from scoring.

Now somebody show me his stats of how high he scores, and show me I'm wrong! I am all out of patients with this Bozo, and the sooner we switch, the sooner we start winning again.

http://temple3.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/2009-nfl-season-5-stats-that-surprise/

3. The Washington Redskins are ranked sixth in the NFL in yards per play. The rest of the top 10:

1. Dallas (7.3)

2. Indianapolis (7.2)

3. New Orleans Saints (6.5) – *Kudos to Dick Jauron and company for limiting NO to 172 passing yards.

4. Baltimore Ravens (6.1)

5. San Diego Chargers (5.9)

6. Washington Redskins (5.8)

7. New York Giants (5.8)

8. Denver Broncos (5.8)

9. Houston Texans (5.7)

10. Philadelphia Eagles (5.7)

For me, the ‘Skins are the clear surprise here. Washington is tied with Detroit for 13th in pass attempts, but the Redskins are third in first downs achieved via the pass. They are averaging a pedestrian 4.0 yards per carry on the ground (17th in the league). Jason Campbell, who has completed 67.6% of his passes this season, also has a QB rating of 92.5.

4. Red Zone Efficiency. A great deal is often made of evaluating QB’s based on how well they perform in the Red Zone (inside the opponent’s 20 yard line). While these statistics do not tell the entire story, we can, in some instances, see a connection between a team’s struggles and these QB numbers.

Peyton Manning. 5 of 10 for 27 yards. 2 TD, 1 INT. Rating 56.2

Philip Rivers. 5 of 16 for 28 yards. 1 TD, 0 INT. Rating: 61.5

Tom Brady. 10 of 23 for 81 yards. 2 TD, 0 INT. Rating 82.0

Jason Campbell. 8 of 13 for 47 yards. 2 TD, 0 INT. Rating 108.0

Ben Roethlisberger. 8 of 10 for 33 yards. 1 TD, 0 INT. Rating: 113.8

Drew Brees. 13 of 19 for 106 yards. 6 TD, 0 INT. Rating: 121.9

If we had a competent play caller and some form of a rushing game we would be a top offense. Now why we have no rushing game might go back to the play calling or the blocking. All I know is The "idiot" Campbell is th least of our problems.

We do all this moving the ball with the 24th ranked rushing attack. And if you take out Campbell's 20 yards a game of rushing we are 31st in rushing.

On a side not we are also 22nd in plays. This goes to the defense not being able to get off the field so our offense gets no chances with the ball. No rhythm run or pass that way.

1. Zorn has set a new standard for HC ineptitude. How bad or "wierd" can his play calling get? He seems to reach new lows every game. This guy is supposed to be an offensive genius and has turned out to be anything but. The anticipation of what "bonehead" plays he will call during each game has become an exciting event.

5. When will Danny or Vinny say or do something. The thundering silence coming out of the FO can't last forever. Will Zorn be fired mid-season.? Will Collins be named starter? Will they do nothing? The suspense is killing me.

I'll play along!

1: Game 4. Skins win the coin toss and elect to receive. Zorn catches the Bucs napping and quick kicks on the first play.

4: Game 6. Fans fill the stadium, but by the third quarter, fans are fabricating makeshift bags out of programs, popcorn tubs, etc, or simply poking their own eyes out. Zorn complains to NFL offices about scheduling 5 straight winless teams, claiming they were all "due".

5. After the losses to the previously winless Lions, Bucs, Panthers and Chiefs, Snyder and Cerrato decide that Zorn must go. Because of his executive experience, Snyder takes over as HC and, because of his many years in the NFL, Cerrato becomes assistant HC and calls the plays. Hunter Smith takes over running back duties from CP.

3. The Washington Redskins are ranked sixth in the NFL in yards per play. The rest of the top 10:

1. Dallas (7.3)

2. Indianapolis (7.2)

3. New Orleans Saints (6.5) – *Kudos to Dick Jauron and company for limiting NO to 172 passing yards.

7. New York Giants (5.8)

8. Denver Broncos (5.8)

9. Houston Texans (5.7)

For me, the ‘Skins are the clear surprise here. Washington is tied with Detroit for 13th in pass attempts, but the Redskins are third in first downs achieved via the pass. They are averaging a pedestrian 4.0 yards per carry on the ground (17th in the league). Jason Campbell, who has completed 67.6% of his passes this season, also has a QB rating of 92.5.

4. Red Zone Efficiency. A great deal is often made of evaluating QB’s based on how well they perform in the Red Zone (inside the opponent’s 20 yard line). While these statistics do not tell the entire story, we can, in some instances, see a connection between a team’s struggles and these QB numbers.

If we had a competent play caller and some form of a rushing game we would be a top offense. Now why we have no rushing game might go back to the play calling or the blocking. All I know is The "idiot" Campbell is th least of our problems.

We do all this moving the ball with the 24th ranked rushing attack. And if you take out Campbell's 20 yards a game of rushing we are 31st in rushing.

On a side not we are also 22nd in plays. This goes to the defense not being able to get off the field so our offense gets no chances with the ball. No rhythm run or pass that way.

some very telling stats. especially the one about how truly pitiful our running game is without JC's running stats.

1. Dallas (7.3)

2. Indianapolis (7.2)

7. New York Giants (5.8)

8. Denver Broncos (5.8)

9. Houston Texans (5.7)

Unfortunately the people you are trying to make your point to don't appeal to logic.

some very telling stats. especially the one about how truly pitiful our running game is without JC's running stats.

If you read every stat about us it shows we have become a pass happy 1 dimensional team on offense. Instead of playing through CP we are playing through JC

Except when we are in the redzone. Their Zorn gets all crazy

On defense we are like a sponge. We can't stop any one on 3rd down and can not get off the field. We give up very little points be man we let them drive 10+ plays over and over again.

Another telling stat is the fact that in both losses our defense has put us in a 10-0 hole before our 3rd offensive possession.

:doh:

I love how people attack JC's intelligence and then type things like this. The irony.

JC has intelligence? Well what the hell is he doing with it, because he sure isn't showing any on the field.

All I have to say is 9 points against the Rams and a loss to the freaking pathetic Lions :doh:

So go pick out his best stats to comfort yourself and play love songs to his fat head on your wall. I want a real QB leading my team.

JC has intelligence? Well what the hell is he doing with it, because he sure isn't showing any on the field.

All I have to say is 9 points against the Rams and a loss to the freaking pathetic Lions :doh:

So go pick out his best stats to comfort yourself and play love songs to his fat head on your wall. I want a real QB leading my team.

Typical..

But Steve ... to stay on point ... if Campbell has a "good" game agaisnt Bucs ... he will remain a fixture at QB for a while. Doesn't this make the Bucs game "exciting" for you?

I think you are greatly overrating our receivers. Santana is not really a #1. He can't beat any good defenses and is terribly inconsistent. ARE is a decent #3. Kelly hasn't proved that he is good enough to be a #2 yet. Thomas is just bad.

Archived