Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re-evaluating our secondary

sean"Hitman"taylor

It's purely schematic. Blache doesn't know how to bring the thunder on third down and make the jobs of our poor secondary easier. I mean, how would you like to be covering all 6'6", 240 of Calvin Johnson - even if you had safety help over the top? He's going to look good (and that said, he didn't annihilate us like he does to some defenses) when Stafford has all day in the pocket because Blache won't blitz or because the blitzes he brings are so predictable that a rookie quarterback and mediocre offensive line can pick them up. Blache talks aggressive; he needs to call his plays aggressive. I wish we had GW back.. :(

I think our CBs are Average at best...but with no pass rush they have no chance. I think it is the scheme. Something is wrong with the way we use our guys out there, because i believe that we have some talent. The players seem lackadaisical and nonchalant about they way they are playing. I see no passion. This is on the coaches.

Blache was never a good DC. He simply had a ton of talent with him.

What we need is a defensive minded HC who is a disciplinarian. Someone who gets in everyone's face and can play chess with the other HCs in the league.

Than we need an OC with full control- and a track record of success.

I know Shanahan is an offensive HC, but if he were to come here, he'd want to bring Kubiak with him if he's let go in Houston (very likely).

Or Cowher, although he'll want a 3-4 Defense, which we don't have the personell for and have never run it as a base defense in our history either.

DHall has been playing like a *****, and it really looks to me like our players are just not being put in the best position to be successful. Granted, we aren't getting bombed, but they were converting 3rd downs left and right because we were letting them do it! Just giving it to them. :( I want to see Reed Doughty on the feild more, more press and blitzing, because we've just proven that we don't have to get bombed on to lose football games. We only scored 14 points, but if our defense is truely elite, that should've been enough to win this game.

I drank the kool aid during the offseason and thought we would be a dominant Defense. We're not horrible but good lord!!!! Letting a rookie be that successful on 3rd downs??

There is no possible way we will keep up with the other teams in this division. And, look forward to rebuilding for the next few years with a new QB and HC.

I am disgusted with this team. I normally don't post after a game but I can't help myself this time. They have shown me absolutely nothing so far. The WR's look complacent, CP looks tired, Cooley appears more aggravated than usual, AH is hurt, Hall is under achieving, fans are booing, and the corn on my foot hurts!

Archived