Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn 980 - a lot of redskins talk?

Tour of Duty

980 is pretty bad. Bunch of dinosaurs saying what Synder tells them to say. Listen to 106.7 if you want to hear an uncensored view on the Skins.

Take this statement with a grain of salt. 980 has a mix of opinions, none of which really go so far as to tow the company line week in and week out. Doc Walker, for example, is generally optimistic about things but is very much grounded in reality. Steve Czaban and Andy Pollin, on the other hand, are downright haters but have not yet been fired by Snyder. The entire concept that 980 is Snyder's puppet and doesn't express the opinion of the fanbase is 100% manufactured tripe on the part of 106.7. It has been a big part of their marketing strategy ever since they transitioned from talk radio to sports radio.

That said, I'll listen to both depending largely on when I'm listening and who I want to listen to. Both have their own merits and both will tend to focus on the Skins during football season... just don't buy into the marketing bull****.

980 is pretty bad. Bunch of dinosaurs saying what Synder tells them to say. Listen to 106.7 if you want to hear an uncensored view on the Skins.

I don't see that at all. I hear them criticizing the Skins all the time. The Fan on the other hand does nothing BUT insult the Skins. Their whole shtick is that they aren't "owned" by Snyder and they go to the extreme to push this idea.

Archived