Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from Ramsfan09

ramsfan09

you mention the Avery turnover but you don't mention the Santana Moss fumble that negated a score on our end... or the gift roughing call you got to negate the turnover in the first quarter. Not to even mention the two dropped TD's.

The game wasn't as close as you describe. I'm not saying that as a fan, I'm just saying it as an observer.

Now that said, I think the Rams have a few pieces to build around and they could probably surprise a few people if they get it together a bit. They obviously believe in their coach and I think they're on a better path than the skins are right now. So as a Rams fan you should be excited about that. Good game

I didn't mean to leave any Redskins errors out, I guess I just focused on the Rams more and remembered that stuff. I'll give you the two dropped TDs, although I think on one our Lber got his hand on the pas and tipped it..

We did get lucky on that turnover in the first half with the penalty that was called. I think it was the right call, but we were just lucky the foul was committed.

I like where the Rams are going as well, we have 12 new starters this year, there was just a lot of crappy players on the team the past two years. The rookies may not turn out to be great but at least we're rebuilding and seeing what good pieces we have this year.

Losing Smith sucks, you need him to get seasoned this year.

I agree and he's only supposed to be gone 1-2 weeks so I guess that's not bad.

Ramsfan, thanks for the perspective. It's nice to hear something from someone who is not part of our QB controversy, with no axe to grind. Good luck with the rest of your season, especially if you play the Cow patties.

I do think the non-call in the endzone because the ball was "uncatchable" should have been defensive holding or, at least, assault.

I think he did well in the game but it just seems like something is missing that's keeping him from being a top 10 QB. I think he would do better if he was more of a gun slinger or with more aggressive play calling or forcing him to go deep sometimes with play calling.

He just seemed to lock onto receivers at times and just ignore everyone that went beyond 15 yards. There's nothing wrong with a WCO dink n dunk but you have to throw it to everyone and not just rely on a safety blanket TE to get all your yards because once the field isn't stretched in the red zone it becomes much much easier to cover Cooley.

He is a decent game manager but something seems to be missing with him, can't really put my finger on it. Campbell seems like a guy who won't lose any games for you, he is generally a good decision maker and isn't an awful QB. But he also doesn't seem like someone who will win any games for you either. A QB who flies just above the 'bad' radar and just below the 'good' radar is someone who will ignire controversy.

If it was me, I would want a different QB. I think a team like the Steelers can operate with a QB like Campbell because the team around him is good enough to win games by themselves. But the Redskins D and running game aren't a top 5 elite unit that can have just anyone plugged in at QB and still win games.

I think the Redskins have a lot of talent, but guys like Zorn and Campbell seem like 7-9 to 9-7 guys to me. So I see why people do support them, because you could have a head coach like Scott Linehan who wins you 5 games in two years. But I think until the Skins get an elite QB or bring it a coach (be it a coordinator or new head coach) that makes your defense truly elite the Skins will always be that team who is waiting the take that next step into a legit superbowl contender. Not tryin to bash your guys' team at all but it's just how I view the Redskins.

Ramsfan, I'm just curious, what do most Rams fans think of Bulger?

Me being the outsider, I think he's very good, but he definitely needs help around him from his line. From the limited footage I've seen, the O-line has been suspect for awhile...and losing Bruce and Holt doesn't help. I'd be interested in hearing your perspective as a follower of the team.

Btw, I hope Spags does help your team turn things around. It'd be interesting to see that division more competitive again.

I didn't mean to leave any Redskins errors out, I guess I just focused on the Rams more and remembered that stuff. I'll give you the two dropped TDs, although I think on one our Lber got his hand on the pas and tipped it..

QUOTE]

Absolutely not!!!! Your linebacker was actually beat and wouldnt of stood a chance at a stop had Sellers held on. Watch it again and you will see that he did not get a finger tip on that ball. Sellers just dropped it. However, your critique is appreciated, debatable, but appreciated. Good job.

Ramsfan glad to see you post real threads and not trolling in our rip the rams thread.

I agree with Zoony it wasn't as close as you or the score made it seem. The Zorn is a mistake and I rather we had hired Spags when he interviewed here before last year. I also agree that yall seem to be moving in the right direction.

I liked Ramsfan09's posts. Thoughtful, and interesting perspective from someone who hasn't been involved in all the debates on this board.

He'd be a JC-doubter -- but waiting to see if Campbell can take the next step.

I think its interesting that he feels that Zorn is a .500 type of coach -- here too it's too early to tell. If you believe that Campbell has a great long-passing game and Zorn is holding him back, then that would be the logical conclusion. On the other hand, if Campbell isn't the right QB for these kinds of plays -- then Zorn playcalling is hampered and maybe we haven't seen what he's capable of as an OC/HC.

These kinds of issues will sort themselves out over the course of the season. Just as the Rams will develop a new identity under Spagnuolo. I hope the future looks up for both teams.

Ramsfan, I'm just curious, what do most Rams fans think of Bulger?

Me being the outsider, I think he's very good, but he definitely needs help around him from his line. From the limited footage I've seen, the O-line has been suspect for awhile...and losing Bruce and Holt doesn't help. I'd be interested in hearing your perspective as a follower of the team.

Btw, I hope Spags does help your team turn things around. It'd be interesting to see that division more competitive again.

The view of Bulger among Rams fans is very much like the view of Campbell among Redskins fans. Some want him replaced and some see his good qualities and want him to continue as a starter.

Myself, I like Bulger. He has had very good years from 02-06 with the Rams. What made him go on such a downturn in 07-08? In my mind, it was the team around him. If Bulger was on a good team I think he could be one of the stud QBs in the NFL. He doesn't have a good deep ball, but he is extremely accurate on anything less then 35 yards or so. He stands up to pass rushes and as you guys saw, will take a beating (a Rams reporter said he had a "grapefruit" sized welt on his back after the Skins game) to complete a pass.

If we do trade him (or maybe even cut him) after this season I think he could do very well on the right team. I would love to see him go to a team like the Redskins, I think he could make you guys a 12 win team.

Absolutely not!!!! Your linebacker was actually beat and wouldnt of stood a chance at a stop had Sellers held on. Watch it again and you will see that he did not get a finger tip on that ball. Sellers just dropped it. However, your critique is appreciated, debatable, but appreciated. Good job.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I think that David Vobora (Mr Irrelevant of 2008) got a hand on the pass.

One of them was a drop, the other was an iffy pass that looked to me like it was tipped.

Ramsfan glad to see you post real threads and not trolling in our rip the rams thread.

I agree with Zoony it wasn't as close as you or the score made it seem. The Zorn is a mistake and I rather we had hired Spags when he interviewed here before last year. I also agree that yall seem to be moving in the right direction.

Come on now, I wasn't really trolling... I thought I've been pretty tame my whole time here.

I don't think it was as close as the score seemed either. I think the Redskins dominated the first quarter and a half, then it was even the rest of the game. You guys really killed our running game until the middle of the second quarter. BUT, even though your offense did drive the ball on us, we also stopped you in the red zone. Even on that 4th and 2 play in the fourth quarter where the Skins went for it, we had a legit stop on them.

I liked Ramsfan09's posts. Thoughtful, and interesting perspective from someone who hasn't been involved in all the debates on this board.

He'd be a JC-doubter -- but waiting to see if Campbell can take the next step.

I think its interesting that he feels that Zorn is a .500 type of coach -- here too it's too early to tell. If you believe that Campbell has a great long-passing game and Zorn is holding him back, then that would be the logical conclusion. On the other hand, if Campbell isn't the right QB for these kinds of plays -- then Zorn playcalling is hampered and maybe we haven't seen what he's capable of as an OC/HC.

These kinds of issues will sort themselves out over the course of the season. Just as the Rams will develop a new identity under Spagnuolo. I hope the future looks up for both teams.

Thanks for the kind words. I could certainly be wrong on Zorn and Campbell. I watch a lot of NFL games and that's just the general impression I've had of them over the past year. Campbell has talent and is an average QB imo, same with Zorn, but average won't get you far in the NFL. A .500 team in baseball will keep many fans content but anything less then a playoff team in football with have at least half the fanbase calling for everyone's head.

On the right team, I think Campbell could be a good QB. I think he's every bit as talented as a guy like Roethlisberger, but the team around him isn't as talented. Not many teams can support anything but a great QB. Would the Falcons be anywhere without Matt Ryan? I think they would be .500 at best without him. The Patriots had one of the best teams in NFL history in 2007, in 2008 they lose Brady and look like just a run of the mill 'good' team under Cassell. Coincidence? No, I think Brady is worth that-much to the Patriots.

I would love to see the Redskins in the playoffs. I'd rather see the Redskins succeed in the playoffs over 3/4 of the NFC teams. Besides the teams in my own division I hate the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings (because of Favre) and the Packers.

My point here is that while I think that Zorn and Campbell are quality pieces, I think they need great talent around them to succeed. If ZOrn has the next Spanuolo or Ryan or Bellichick to lead his defense then I think the Skins are fine. If not, I think the Skins are a slightly above average team who will get rid of both Zorn and Campbell in a few years to try to find that next lightning in a bottle.

As always, just my opinion. I could very well be wrong. As I said I watch a lot of football and this is the general impression I get of the Redskins.

I'm disappointed ramsrams didn't come back this year. He gave a really good overview of the team before last year's game, then came back with a "you're welcome" after they beat Dallas.

I was actually here the last two years but totally forgot my name and had to re-register this year. It wasn't ramsrams though...

I remember Dallas fans here making fun of you guys, I bet you were Rams fans at least for one day when we beat them up the next week after we played you guys ;) It was a national game... some of the fans outside of St Louis said the game got pulled during halftime because it was 'deemed non-competitive' and they switched to another game. ;)

you mention the Avery turnover but you don't mention the Santana Moss fumble that negated a score on our end... or the gift roughing call you got to negate the turnover in the first quarter. Not to even mention the two dropped TD's.

The game wasn't as close as you describe. I'm not saying that as a fan, I'm just saying it as an observer.

Now that said, I think the Rams have a few pieces to build around and they could probably surprise a few people if they get it together a bit. They obviously believe in their coach and I think they're on a better path than the skins are right now. So as a Rams fan you should be excited about that. Good game

Don't forget the first play of the game where MK had the DB beat and the pass was short. I am not a Campbell hater but if that was thrown a lttle further it would have been a TD.

I was actually here the last two years but totally forgot my name and had to re-register this year. It wasn't ramsrams though...

I remember Dallas fans here making fun of you guys, I bet you were Rams fans at least for one day when we beat them up the next week after we played you guys ;) It was a national game... some of the fans outside of St Louis said the game got pulled during halftime because it was 'deemed non-competitive' and they switched to another game. ;)

I remember that, it was pretty funny. I'd never seen a game pulled due to it being deemed "non competitive" up until that point. Jackson just ran all over them that game.

BUT, even though your offense did drive the ball on us, we also stopped you in the red zone. Even on that 4th and 2 play in the fourth quarter where the Skins went for it, we had a legit stop on them.

As a Rams fan, I'll cut you some slack because you don't follow our team very much. I'll break it down for you: the Redskins' redzone offense has been terrible for quite some time now because we can't complete a pass in the endzone.

There is much debate around here about who's fault it is (Campbell's? O-Line's? Receivers'? Zorn's?), but the fact remains that in the last 18 games, our quarterback has thrown a pathetic 14 touchdowns.

14. Touchdowns. 18 games.

I'm disappointed ramsrams didn't come back this year. He gave a really good overview of the team before last year's game, then came back with a "you're welcome" after they beat Dallas.

Sorry guys! I forked up!

I had an issue logging in, which one of your mods (Art) kindly solved around 3:00 A.M. of the morning I was scheduled to leave on vacation. Wrote my piece, but, I'd had a few. Went to the preview menu, fixed my errors, and didn't hit "submit" before exiting! Doh! It was 5:00 A.M. by that time, so I went to bed.

Congrats on your win, and best of luck the rest of this season.

Hopefully, the next time we play, both the Rams and myself will be in better shape!

The Rams seemed to limit the passes to Cooley with some half time adjustments (our LBers did a poor job covering him) and we limited the Skins offense a lot more.

In case you haven't followed our team, everyone limits our offense from scoring points ever since our future Hall of Fame QB Jason Candle has led this team. But it's not really his fault, our receivers should be able to run 30 mph and have 60 inch arms to catch up to his overthrown balls.

I'm sick of the way they make JC look so awful, when he's the greatest QB to ever step onto the field. Tom Brady, Payton Manning and even Drew Brees dreams of scoring points like Jason Candle.

He is the only QB in the history of the NFL who will cause a bye week for all teams in week 8 to induct him into the Hall of Fame. No other player in the NFL has the right to even be on the stage with him when he is placed into the Hall.

So all of you fans from all other teams eat your heart out and just keep dreaming and wishing you had the great JC as your QB!

Archived