Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Need a Game-Breaker

Jofizz

This has been said many times before, and it is absolutely true.

Our drives are long, gritty, and time-consuming. This team rarely will bust open a big-play. Im talking 60, 70+. Moss can do it, but he is not going to see man coverage on a go route more than one time a game, if that, and in order to get that ball to him, the rest of the play must be executed perfectly.

CP, yeah, 5 or 6 years ago, but now he is the hard-nosed tough-yardage back. Very valuable, but does not have the open-field burst to house it.

We cannot continue to let these bad teams hang around all game. The Skins need a player to step on the throats of our opponents, and let them know the game is over.

Hopefully Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly can step-up into this role, because it is something this offense badly needs.

I was just thinking the same thing. We have solid, but not explosive players. Look at Chris Johnson from the Titans, the dude busted off two 50+ yard TD runs and like a 60 yard TD catch.

hes also a 1st round draft pick whos one of, if not the, fastest guys in the league. you wont find that unless we truly scout for a guy like that.

we need a bradshaw or sproles, and these guys are found in the later rounds.

hes also a 1st round draft pick whos one of, if not the, fastest guys in the league. you wont find that unless we truly scout for a guy like that.

we need a bradshaw or sproles, and these guys are found in the later rounds.

We could have used our 1st round pick on him instead of trading down for Kelly, Thomas, and Davis.

they decided to keep 3 runningbacks on the roster who are all pretty much the same mold, just theres a pecking order as to who is better.

we need that ahmad bradshaw/darren sproles/felix jones type to counter portis. betts and mason are just the same portis mold with less skill.

Exactly!!! And who's to blame for that? The genius that is our very own Vinny Cerrato. It is so far beyond me why something so obvious cannot be seen by someone who's "supposed" to be the expert.

I think we'd be better off without Portis and then a scat back as a change of pace.

No explosive players.....So f'in depressing......

What about a guy like Noel Devine out of West Va. He should be around a 2nd or 3rd pick which isn't a late round pick but it is a good value for his speed.

I'd say no to that. I've met the guy. I have friends that went to high school with him. The guy is a selfish punk with serious character concerns and a criminal record.

He's got speed and strength. I watched the guy run for 350 and 6 Tds in high school. But he'd be a risky pick up.

Malcolm Kelly tried to step into that role on the first play of the game.

And the DB made a good play on the ball, but unfortunately the throw forced Malcolm to slow down his stride to try and make a play. If the ball was thrown more down-field, Kelly likely breaks away for a TD.

Like I've been saying. It's not that we don't have the receivers. (We actually don't have the running back, but we have the receivers. The problem, and I'll get blasted for this, is Jason Campbell. He looks like a good quarterback to everyone because he was throwing short, safe, 10 yard passes. Being that this game was against the Rams, the receivers were then able to gain many more yards after the catch, making JC look great. The thing is, however, Campbell ONLY throws safe. He never tries to thread it in to the guy who is maybe covered one-on-one or is just barely becoming open. THOSE are the plays where big things happen. JC doesn't want to take the risk of throwing to someone who isn't totally open.

I'm also tired of hearing it's Zorn's fault. Yes, his playcalling is terrible. But can you seriously say that on plays were JC throws short there wasn't a route for another receiver to go deep or at least run an intermediately deep route. Most plays call for a deep route, whether it's designed to go deep or designed to be a decoy for another guy. But are the RAMS, the RAMS going to cover these deep routes like blankets? JC doesn't have that "it" factor to launch it to that guy. He's a game manager, not a game winner.

We were 28th last season in passing plays of 20+ yards.

29th in passing plays of 40+ yards.

4th in rushes of 20+ yards.

Tied for last in rushes of 40+ yards with none.

Our offense is anemic.

This is the biggest problem with our offense, it threatens nothing. It cannot open up the defense. The red zone only seems like such a critical problem because our team cannot score otherwise.

Archived