Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Krama thread, St Louis style.

bishtw

Known as the gateway of the West, St Louis was the 4th largest city in the US at one point and hosted the Olympics in 1904. Cool place with a whole lotta history behind it.

I would love to fly an ultralight under the arch, but I don't know if that is permissable these days.

Stay cool St Louie!

In 1904 St. Louis hosted both a World's Fair and the Olympic Games.

The twin events seemed to signal that the United States had taken its

place among the great industrialized powers of the world and St. Louis,

again, seemed to serve as the symbolic gate through which it entered.

20 million people visited the city during the fair, turning St. Louis into a

globally recognized metropolis.

http://www.stlouis.com/history/

A few of the great people from St. Louis.

Akon (Aliaune Thiam) (1974 - ), hip hop and R&B singer-songwriter, and record producer

Maya Angelou (1928 - ), poet, playwright, memoirist (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings), actress

Eberhard Anheuser (1805 - 1880), businessman, owner of the company that would later become the Anheuser-Busch Company

Henry Armstrong (1912 - 1988), professional boxer, world Welterweight champion 1938 - 1940

The Rams were my high school mascot so I've screamed "Go Rams!" quite a few times in my life.

About a year and a half ago I was driving from NH to TX and stopped at a random BBQ place in St. Louis. The pulled pork and baby back ribs I had were absolutely sensational and I wish I could remember the name of the place because I think about it all the time. Mmmmmmmmmm......

Archived