Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Megadeth: ENDGAME - Debuts at #9 on Billboard Chart

Commander PK

Anybody else pick this one up yet? I did today, and I must say I'm impressed. Complete and total shredding from start to finish. Great return to form from Dave and co. Opens with a bad ass instrumental Dialectic Chaos. Grabs your attention right away, and never lets up. The track Endgame is pretty wicked also. Great album.

Track Listing:

Dialectic Chaos

This day we fight!

44 Minutes

Bite the Hand

Bodies

Endgame

The hardest part of letting go...sealed with a kiss

Head Crusher

How the Story Ends

The right to go insane

I was REALLY looking forward to this album. One listen so far and it's already one of my favorites over the past few years. I saw Chris Broderick live with Nevermore a couple years ago and saw what he's capable off. He's the best guitarist Mustaine has had since Marty Friedman. Freaking amazing stuff.

Their last album was really good. I called it oldschool and going back to your roots. However Dave said in interview that it wasn't oldschool, he's just gotten in a heavier mood with his music. Whatever, it's good to hear Megadeth back in the game.

I look forward to hearing this one soon.

If anyone is able to catch their live performance on HDnet "blood in the water" they are so friggin tight sounding that you almost question if they aren't lip synching....or guitar synching which ever may be the case. truely a great performance.

What?! I had no idea there was a new album on the way! Searching now...

*I'm two tracks in and this album shreds! One of the better opening tracks I've heard in a loooonnng time on any metal album and it's instrumental to boot. Awesomeness.

You gotta check out websites like Blabbermouth.net and Knac.com man. The Internets is the only place to find out any news about Metal. The record companies do nothing to promote these bands, and they get zero airplay except on satellite radio. The metal is still out there, and it's still great. Unfortunately, we just have to work a bit harder to find it these days.

You gotta check out websites like Blabbermouth.net and Knac.com man. The Internets is the only place to find out any news about Metal. The record companies do nothing to promote these bands, and they get zero airplay except on satellite radio. The metal is still out there, and it's still great. Unfortunately, we just have to work a bit harder to find it these days.

Oh yeah, I know that! I was a member of the legendary site Kerrazy-Torrents. Best metal site of all time. Had an amazing global community and many bands used it for promotion. That was THE source for music, new bands, and album leaks ;)

Oh yeah, I know that! I was a member of the legendary site Kerrazy-Torrents. Best metal site of all time. Had an amazing global community and many bands used it for promotion. That was THE source for music, new bands, and album leaks ;)

yeah, and the only time new material get played on XM is during the Eddie Trunk show. Most times they won't play it during normal hours.

Even on the heavier Metal channel they tend to only play the new stuff during a certian show or host.

Question, is it just me or is the Liquid Metal channel playing only the hard growling stuff all the time? I never hear them play hard but different stuff like hammerfall, or nightwish or other heavy but europeon bands that aren't the NEW metal. About the only time I've heard oldschool or stuff like that is on a special host hour or something.

yeah, and the only time new material get played on XM is during the Eddie Trunk show. Most times they won't play it during normal hours.

Even on the heavier Metal channel they tend to only play the new stuff during a certian show or host.

Question, is it just me or is the Liquid Metal channel playing only the hard growling stuff all the time? I never hear them play hard but different stuff like hammerfall, or nightwish or other heavy but europeon bands that aren't the NEW metal. About the only time I've heard oldschool or stuff like that is on a special host hour or something.

There seems to be a an issue among Metal Heads that you can only like one or the other, growling vocals, or...I'll call it "European" Style vocals in the vein of Halford and Dickinson. Most NWOAHM bands use the growling style vocals, some like Shadows Fall and Lamb of God, mix them both. Matt Bachand and Brian Fair do this well with Shadows Fall. Bullet for My Valentine is another that mixes both styles, but they are from England. NWOAHM is the "big" metal genre right now, so that's why it's bands are getting more airplay then traditional style metal. Personally, I like both, but I prefer old-school and theatrics.

There seems to be a an issue among Metal Heads that you can only like one or the other, growling vocals, or...I'll call it "European" Style vocals in the vein of Halford and Dickinson. Most NWOAHM bands use the growling style vocals, some like Shadows Fall and Lamb of God, mix them both. Matt Bachand and Brian Fair do this well with Shadows Fall. Bullet for My Valentine is another that mixes both styles, but they are from England. NWOAHM is the "big" metal genre right now, so that's why it's bands are getting more airplay then traditional style metal. Personally, I like both, but I prefer old-school and theatrics.

I agree. They just happen to be what's big right now. I prefer heavier, harsh growls over the traditional metal vox. But hey, I still enjoy the classic sound and respect it.

Screaming stuff that's all the rage right now (emo/screamo/spastic "metal" stuff) doesn't do anything for me...I can't relate to it in any way or figure out what emotion it's supposed to represent when combined with the music. I assume it's intention is simply just angst. What gets me is when they combine that stuff with the gruff vocals. Makes no sense. Thank goodness it's only a fad...don't tell that to the kids though, lol.

Archived