Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Switch to a No-Huddle Offense?

PalmettoRedskin

I'm looking forward to the day when we have ANYTHING resembling a competent pro offense again.

I don't think you can really look too much at the end of the game. The Giants were playing soft and as good as gave up the TD to see the game out. Besides the fact we can't execute the limited plays the HC calls and they have time to think about. Hell knows what the extra burden of having a set of plays before they went out would do to them.

But hey, that said, ANY spark in whatever form would be more than welcome to this stagnant O.

Hail.

Beats the current no-offense huddle...

Haha, too true. My nomination for post of the day.

I would like to see Zorn utilize his own philosophy and stick to it. This is not a WCO offense although several pieces are in place. This offense clearly needs to pass to set up the run. Pass three or four times in a row, just do it. I would say it's not rocket science, but apparently it is.

I'm not saying he's a good or bad QB, I'm just saying we need to speed up the tempo on offense.

i think if zorn had more confidence in him, he would be able to explore more options, like a no huddle or more shots downfield.

fact is that he doesn't, and you really can't blame him.

Haha, too true. My nomination for post of the day.

I would like to see Zorn utilize his own philosophy and stick to it. This is not a WCO offense although several pieces are in place. This offense clearly needs to pass to set up the run. Pass three or four times in a row, just do it. I would say it's not rocket science, but apparently it is.

I agree with you.

I think Zorn might be afraid of phasing CP out of the gameplan given our running back's flair for the dramatic. It's clear we were getting into a groove a few times before running into the line twice and putting our team in 3rd and long.

i think if zorn had more confidence in him, he would be able to explore more options, like a no huddle or more shots downfield.

fact is that he doesn't, and you really can't blame him.

I used to think the same thing, but the more I watch this team, the more I think it is Zorn's inability to call any kind of quality game. If we had Tom Brady behind center....I still think he'd have called a run on 3rd and 20

I agree with you.

I think Zorn might be afraid of phasing CP out of the gameplan given our running back's flair for the dramatic. It's clear we were getting into a groove a few times before running into the line twice and putting our team in 3rd and long.

That is a very good point about CP. It never occurred to me probably because it was too obvious. Seriously, a good observation there.

No team in the NFC EAST is going to allow a team to 'get' into a rhythm. Why do you think the most successful teams (Eagles & Giants) are successful? They constantly draft and mold 300+ pound 'rhythm' busters!

I thought the same thing during the game. Go 'No Huddle' against physical teams because the Skins cannot 'OUT Physical' my grandma.

Might as well 'RUN em RAGGED'!

Campbell was 14-17, 171 yards, TD today from the shotgun (6-6, 70 yds on the final drive). I know the detractors will say 'well the defense wasn't trying at the end of the game', which is a lame excuse but let's take that away. That's still 8-11 for 101 yds from the shotgun. He is CLEARLY more comfortable in the shotgun but Zorn is too stubborn to put him back there as a primary part of the offense. I firmly believe that we'd be much more effective and productive with Campbell in the shotgun 60% of the time. A lot of the ridiculous 'inaccurate' and 'can't read a defense' criticisms would go away if the offense was suited to his strengths.

Archived