Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How I See It: Week 1 - @ NYG

[S.S.F. | Nero]

September 12, 2009

We're Ready For Some Football !

:1stplace:

Ah yes my friends, the time has come for Redskins Football once again!

As the team heads into a repeat affair with last year's opening opponent, the Skins look to make a quick and forceful statement to both the Giants and also to the rest of the league...

"We're here to win!"

With the team in good health, we'll get to see what the offense can do against one of the league's top defenses.

The Giants return Osi Umenyiora to a defense known for stopping the run and disrupting the quarterback. They had little trouble bottling up our offense last year, and they will look to continue their strong play on Sunday afternoon. The Giants like to bring pressure when needed, but their front four is more than capable of stopping the run and rushing the passer as well. Washington's offensive line will be tested early and often.

Jason Campbell aims to silence his critics and quell any remaining doubts as to his ability to win and win consistently in the NFL. He'll have a healthy and upgraded cast of teammates around him as emerging 2nd year WR Malcom Kelly vaulted into the number 2 position and will provide a sure handed, big, physical target for Campbell to look to. Kelly's presence is sure to open up the field for the likes of Randle El, Cooley, and Moss.

Clinton Portis heads a backfield that has some question marks after a sub par finish to 2008. Can the line rebound and open holes? Will defenses continue to stack the box, or will Portis finally have some room after the passing game starts to produce? Depth should not be an issue as the Skins kept 4 RBs this year including incumbents Ladell Betts and Rock Cartwright, as well as long time camp legend Marcus Mason, after he had an outstanding training camp and preseason.

The Redskins' defense will finally get to show off after being held in secrecy for most of the pre-season. After doing nothing against the Ravens, Greg Blache gave us a glimpse of what to expect against the Steelers. Players were flying to the ball, and PIT had a difficult time moving the rock. After the 1st half of that second game, Blache went vanilla and began evaluating depth. To those of you who are still skeptical about our secondary, just wait... On Sunday, they will unleash their fury on Eli Manning.

The defensive line should now be complete. Hayneworth bolsters an already effective line and will allow rushers such as Carter and Orakpo to do major damage in the backfield. With fast, atheltic linebackers and defensive backs patrolling the intermediate and deep zones, turnovers are surely in their future. Look for the defense to create many short fields this week and beyond.

WEEK 1 BOLD PREDICTIONS

My first prediction of the year and I'm saying that the Redskins will defeat the Giants by 18 points in Week 1 with a final score of 21-3.

Jason Campbell will pass for 240 yards with 2 TD's.

Clinton Portis will also rush for a TD.

The defense will dominate for most of the day, but might give up a garbage time score.

Offensive MVP: Jason Campbell

Defensive MVP: Brian Orakpo

Here's to a great season, and hopefully we can make it through the game with no major injuries.

Good Luck Skins in 2009! (and hopefully 2010)

Back Next Week for Week 2's installment -

Thanks for reading.

:gaintsuck

24-16 Skins.

The giants will get the 1st score right off the opening drive, but then the Skins settle in to the fact that the games mean something now, and after that, Eli will be frustrated all afternoon, and I got a feeling Mitchell is going to be the rookie of the year!

Damn, I don't think I can take the waiting anymore! lets crunch some bones!!!

I see a 10-7 type of game since i believe that both offenses will move very little in this game. Eli will make the final mistake throwing an interception to Fred Smoot setting up the winning field goal that Suisham will barely make when it hits one upright and richots in.

I see a 10-7 type of game since i believe that both offenses will move very little in this game. Eli will make the final mistake throwing an interception to Fred Smoot setting up the winning field goal that Suisham will barely make when it hits one upright and richots in.

lol:rotflmao:

;6732278']September 12' date=' 2009

[b']We're Ready For Some Football ! [/b]

:1stplace:

My first prediction of the year and I'm saying that the Redskins will defeat the Giants by 18 points in Week 1 with a final score of 21-3.

Jason Campbell will pass for 240 yards with 2 TD's.

Clinton Portis will also rush for a TD.

The defense will dominate for most of the day, but might give up a garbage time score.

Offensive MVP: Jason Campbell

Defensive MVP: Brian Orakpo

Here's to a great season, and hopefully we can make it through the game with no major injuries.

Good Luck Skins in 2009! (and hopefully 2010)

Back Next Week for Week 2's installment -

Thanks for reading.

:gaintsuck

Good Lawd, I would love to see them beat the Giants down like that.

I think the game will depend on two things.

One, can Jason Campbell exploit a banged up Giants secondary? With their DL being one of the best in the league, and serious question marks about our offensive linemen, JC will have to throw to open up the run. I'd like to see a lot of 3 and 4 wide formations, with quick drops and quick releases. We can do some real damage this game with our short to intermediate passing game. This will be the perfect test for Zorn's west coast offense. If we can operate the 'O' the way that its intended to be run, then we have a great shot.

Two, I think the defense has to step up and stop Brandon Jacobs. We're going to get a heavy dose of 2008's #1 ranked rushing attack, and if we can stop the run, we've got their receivers significantly outmatched on the outside with Hall and Rogers. I'd like to see a lot of 8 man fronts, pressure on the QB and guys getting penetration to keep Jacobs from gaining a head of steam. I know everyone's anxious to see what Haynesworth can do. We've got to make Eli Manning and his young receiving corp beat us. Hopefully we can generate some turnovers and give our O a short field to operate in.

Go Skins

Archived