Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you expect Game 1 to be remembered?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Game 1 is so close, we can taste it.

I know all of us know the Redskins need to come out and set the tone. What are your expectations? What do you think will stand out about this week 1 game?

EDIT - By all means, don't limit yourself to the poll options. That's more just for fun. I'm really curious to hear what message you all expect this game to send, positive or negative.

As I mentioned in the prediction thread...I think we'll pick-6 Eli on the Giants' first possession of the game.

See, and this is why this is different from the prediction thread.

While I love that prediction, are you saying that will be a statement on the loss of Plax or on the strength of the Redskins D?

I think this game will be a squeaker for the Skins with the giants crowing about how we never would have won without all the "extra info" we got from their former practice squad quarterback. I assume this will be the story of the week on most media outlets and people will excuse the giants loss to the fact that the Skins cheated. ESPN and various New York media folks will do round table discussions about how much the Redskins cheated, Coughlin will be quoted implying as much, Pierce will whine a bunch about how the best team lost, blah blah blah. Either way, no credit will be given to the SKins for simply doing the normal, which is beating a division rival after getting swept last year.

I expect a tight low scoring game, with minimal mistakes from the offense. As I stated in another thread, i really see the Skins D playing a zone scheme most of the game with little blitzing. The offense, I actually see them taking shots down field, since the dink and dunk offense plays right into the Giants' hands. We will see what happens though.

P.S. I can't believe we are only 5 days from the opener!! WOW

This is probably the most confident I have felt about a trip to the meadowlands in I don't know how long....I see Campbell spreading the ball around including a busy day for Kelly and the offense is going to look awesome. I think the running game could sputter with the strength of the Giants D-line but no worries because the passing attack is going to surprise us all. Defense will look solid with a couple of sacks and we are going to hear Orakpo's name A LOT....not necessarily huge plays just flying around and making tackles. All in all....Redskins 24, Giants 13 and hopefully, and I mean hopefully, staying under the radar after a big win. Would much rather have the media continuing to sniff the jocks of Favre/Brady/Cowboys/ and whoever else floats thier boat and completely ignoring us. Go get 'em Skins!!!! :logo:

I see our defense stepping it up in this one. The Giants are without a true #1 receiver and no more Thunder/Lightning. I see our D doing some really special things against Eli.

:gaintsuck

That's the way I feel too.

I think everyone who has been predicting a last-place finish will be a little less comfortable with that prediction. This game should strike fear into the teams on our schedule, the same way that the Steelers strike fear into their opponents.

I also expect a low scoring game, but I see the G-Men pulling one out at home.

Hate to be the bearer of a dark prediction, but we scored only 7 points in each of our games against these guys last year, and I don't really expect that to change very much.

We'll be much tougher on defense, but won't be able to sustain enough field position to win on the road.

Hope I'm wrong.

I also expect a low scoring game, but I see the G-Men pulling one out at home.

Hate to be the bearer of a dark prediction, but we scored only 7 points in each of our games against these guys last year, and I don't really expect that to change very much.

We'll be much tougher on defense, but won't be able to sustain enough field position to win on the road.

Hope I'm wrong.

No need to apologize...that's a very reasonable prediction. I'm taking an overly optimistic approach to 2009. In my opinion, I'd like to have excitement at some point this year, so I might as well start now. That way, if by October I'm disappointed, at least I was excited in August and September!

Best case scenario is that I'm right and I can stay happy all season!

I think this game will be a squeaker for the Skins with the giants crowing about how we never would have won without all the "extra info" we got from their former practice squad quarterback. I assume this will be the story of the week on most media outlets and people will excuse the giants loss to the fact that the Skins cheated. ESPN and various New York media folks will do round table discussions about how much the Redskins cheated, Coughlin will be quoted implying as much, Pierce will whine a bunch about how the best team lost, blah blah blah. Either way, no credit will be given to the SKins for simply doing the normal, which is beating a division rival after getting swept last year.

If we win I can definitely see this happening.

ESPN lives for the drama

If so all I want to know is what QB's were cut by the Eagles and the Cowboys recently? After this week lets bring those fools in. :hysterical:

I think this game sets up as well as it could against a very talented Giants team.

With our healthy defense and the Giants' inexperienced WR core, I think we can bottle them up. I simply don't give Eli much credit.

It'll be tough going against their D, but our O-line is also healthy right now and they're a little banged up on D.

I think we can beat these guys in week 1.

Archived