Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980: Vinny Cerrato On Keeping Four QBs

iMeast

I don't know if anybody else was listening to the show but when asked if he would place either Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel on the practice squad he (from what I could tell from his scatterbrained Cerrato answer) was that they wouldn't.

If Daniel gets the axe and does not get put on the practice squad I don't really see him catching on anywhere. Then if needed next year I could see the Redskins bringing him back ala Marcus Mason this year.

*2,000 Post!*

HTTR

I wouldn't be surprised to see that they DON'T put Daniel on the PS, if they keep Brennan. It's not like we have another 53 slots on the PS, but only a handful. They'll almost surely decide to use other positions on the PS, that are more needed. Positions we're more likely to actually USE, since we're unlikely to go thru 3 QB's this season, and even if we did, we'd probably bring up a vet instead of Daniel

doesn't make sense to me (vinny's logic, not your post)... mason was on our PS last year when the ravens nabbed him... the options of a player developing elsewhere than the NFL are practically zero right now... unless we are writing him off completely, I don't see why we wouldn't put chase on the PS...

guess we could always hope the pats put him on their PS, let him develop there and then sign him back... :cool2:

His reasoning was basically that they want the PS players to actually be able to practice. Even the 2nd and 3rd QBs get an extremely limited number of snaps in practice. So a PS QB would be standing around doing nothing. Where as other positions can step in and take a few reps so the regulars don't get overworked.

His reasoning was basically that they want the PS players to actually be able to practice. Even the 2nd and 3rd QBs get an extremely limited number of snaps in practice. So a PS QB would be standing around doing nothing. Where as other positions can step in and take a few reps so the regulars don't get overworked.

Yeah that is more or less what he said (less convoluted) and it surprisingly makes sense.

HTTR

Archived