Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike in the morning and the two a days

Skins3000

I watched Mike and Mike in the morning and this has to be the worst analysis of two cornballs I have ever seen. One they went over the schedule and marked the games that the Skins should win in the first six games. Greeny and Fat Boy both recognize the fact that the Giants game will be the hardest and the rest should be won. They both recognize the fact the Skins play the AFC west and concede wins from 3 out of the 4 teams in the division but even gives the Skins the win against San Diego because the game will be the last game of the year and both knuckle heads feel as though San Diego will clinch the division and have no reason to play the starters.

The two knuckle heads mention the AFC South as our opponents and say once again favorable but the Skins have to play divisional games and the Eagles will be tough, the Giants will probably fall to second but wait the Cowboys, who lost 1200 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns from one player, could be 11 and 5 or 7 and 9 we do not know. So in essence the Skins will be 8 and 8. I am like are you kidding me. Greeny is pulling for Cerrato because Golic quotes a report from a Redskin beat writer that if the Skins do not make the playoffs, Vinny and Zorn will be fired which we all know. Greeny use to work with Cerrato at Sportscenter but they obvious were not good friends with an 8 and 8 record prediction. What pissed me off more than anything was the lack of in depth knowledge. For one, in the NFC South, the Redskins are 7 and 1 lifetime against the Panthers.

The Redskins are 2 and 0 against the Saints in the last three years. Tampa Bay is rebuilding and the Falcons are probably the only threat from the NFC south statistically for the Redskins. Last year the Skins swept the Eagles, lost to the Giants twice, and split with the Cowboys. The Eagles lost Jim Johnson coordinator and the heart and soul of the secondary in Brian Dawkins. Giants lost their big time playmaker in Plaxico Burress, team leader in Armani Toomer, and defensive coordinator in Spags. Cowboys lost as mentioned above. So in essence the Skins could be in a RANGE of 8 and 8 or 10 and 6 as they gave the same credit to the Cowboys. Cagney and Lacey are entitled to their opinions but could they at least not contradict themselves by saying the Skins have a favorable schedule but they are only going to be 8 and 8 my god be some what nonbias.

1. paragraphs are our friends

2. nothing unexpected, the media drones have decided the Skins will finish 8-8 and try to rationalize the schedule predictions to match

3. the fact we have a winning record the past 4 seasons over the eagles(sweep in 08), and pokes seems to escape them.

Yeah I could have wrote a better paragraph but I finished college years ago and I am mad. I can take negative criticism with facts pertaining to the Skins but do not tell me the Skins have a favorable schedule but they are going to be 8 and 8. Hell Golic had a nerve to say he would have predicted less than 8 and 8 if it was not for the favorable schedule.

These are the "big" questions they asked:

1. Can Jason Campbell make as many strides in 09 as he did in 2008?

They talked about how 2008 was the tale of two seasons for Campbell. They mentioned how at the end of the first 8 games they were talking MVP. They said he handled the FO possibly trying to get rid of him better than Jay Cutler did.

They say he will have to perform on the field and that they do like him but that they don't really think that there will be a huge jump.

2. Will the team's young wide outs (Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly) make their presence felt?

Basically said that they didn't know and then turned their attention to the older folks. Said that they have people that get paid like playmakers but that they don't always produce. Mentioned Santana Moss, Randle El, and Chris Cooley. Said that Chris Cooley wasn't really a big play guy.

3. How much will DT Albert Haynesworth help the Redskins' already solid defense?

They said that Albert is gonna be a presence. That he has the most sacks among defensive tackles and that he will eat blocks but will need to stay healthy.

4. Can the Redskins avoid another second half collapse?

Said the Redskins started out so well last year but struggled towards the end. Said that in the NFC East you have to have consistency. Said that the Redskins go as Clinton Portis goes. CP banged up in the second half and it showed.

5. Redskins 8-8 last season, this season Washington will finish...

They could see it starting well. Finishes tougher than the way it starts. They end by saying that in the NFC East someone has to be the odd man out. This year the Eagles are better, Giants maybe not as great but still good, Cowboys either way.

When I put the Ls and the Ws down on the sheet I don't see more than 8 wins.

Don't sleep on the Skins. They have as much talent on their roster, overall, as any team in the NFC East. It's just a matter of Zorn getting it all organized so they play together and don't beat themselves.

One thing the OP forgot to mention is how the Eagles lost Runyan and Tra Thomas on the O-line and that their O-line just lost Herremans and and hasn't played together yet this summer.

Each team in the NFC East has holes. This division is up for grabs.

There are two things I really don't understand. Why are people always saying "oh man, the Redskins are in the NFC East (like it's something new to us) toughest division ever. The Redskins don't have a chance in such a tough division. In reality last year the Redskins were 3-3 in the division. They were 3-3 in the division in 2007 as well. We aren't some division whipping boy that just can't compete with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants.

The other thing I don't understand is how the Eagles are being looked at as the powerhouse in the NFC. When last season they won 1 more game than the Redskins. I'm not saying that the media should look at the Skins as better as the Eagles but the gap that they purport to exist really doesn't especially when you take into account that the Redskins swept the Eagles last year.

These are the "big" questions they asked:

1. Can Jason Campbell make as many strides in 09 as he did in 2008?

They talked about how 2008 was the tale of two seasons for Campbell. They mentioned how at the end of the first 8 games they were talking MVP. They said he handled the FO possibly trying to get rid of him better than Jay Cutler did.

They say he will have to perform on the field and that they do like him but that they don't really think that there will be a huge jump.

2. Will the team's young wide outs (Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly) make their presence felt?

Basically said that they didn't know and then turned their attention to the older folks. Said that they have people that get paid like playmakers but that they don't always produce. Mentioned Santana Moss, Randle El, and Chris Cooley. Said that Chris Cooley wasn't really a big play guy.

3. How much will DT Albert Haynesworth help the Redskins' already solid defense?

They said that Albert is gonna be a presence. That he has the most sacks among defensive tackles and that he will eat blocks but will need to stay healthy.

4. Can the Redskins avoid another second half collapse?

Said the Redskins started out so well last year but struggled towards the end. Said that in the NFC East you have to have consistency. Said that the Redskins go as Clinton Portis goes. CP banged up in the second half and it showed.

5. Redskins 8-8 last season, this season Washington will finish...

They could see it starting well. Finishes tougher than the way it starts. They end by saying that in the NFC East someone has to be the odd man out. This year the Eagles are better, Giants maybe not as great but still good, Cowboys either way.

When I put the Ls and the Ws down on the sheet I don't see more than 8 wins.

Yes but Mike and Mike fail to mention a first year coach in Zorn that has never been a coordinator or head coach for that matter who was learning on the fly. Zorn now has experience and hopefully knows how to adapt during the games. Mike and Mike also fail to mention that the majority of the games lost in 08 were lost in the 4th quarter due to a lack of a pass rush ala addition of Haynesworth.

There are two things I really don't understand. Why are people always saying "oh man, the Redskins are in the NFC East (like it's something new to us) toughest division ever. The Redskins don't have a chance in such a tough division. In reality last year the Redskins were 3-3 in the division. They were 3-3 in the division in 2007 as well. We aren't some division whipping boy that just can't compete with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants.

The other thing I don't understand is how the Eagles are being looked at as the powerhouse in the NFC. When last season they won 1 more game than the Redskins. I'm not saying that the media should look at the Skins as better as the Eagles but the gap that they purport to exist really doesn't especially when you take into account that the Redskins swept the Eagles last year.

Thank you, this is all I am saying.

Yes but Mike and Mike fail to mention a first year coach in Zorn that has never been a coordinator or head coach for that matter who was learning on the fly. Zorn now has experience and hopefully knows how to adapt during the games. Mike and Mike also fail to mention that the majority of those games were lost in the 4th quarter due to lack of a pass rush ala addition of Haynesworth.

I have to say that I kind of agree. They Redskins arguably got better or maintained in every facet (Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Coaching) and the schedule is easier but we are still expected to perform the same or in some cases do even worse.

Meanwhile I can't discount the additions of the other teams in the division but they have had key losses as well. Is it too much to ask that the Redskins will be competitive within the division? Not asking for anyone to say that the Redskins will be 13-3 and own the division but at least allow for the possibility of being competitive and being right in the thick of things down to the end.

They both recognize the fact the Skins play the AFC west and concede wins from 3 out of the 4 teams in the division but even gives the Skins the win against San Diego because the game will be the last game of the year and both knuckle heads feel as though San Diego will clinch the division and have no reason to play the starters.

That actually surprises me some. We have been dreadful against AFC teams in recent years. In the Gibbs/Zorn era we are 5-15 vs. the AFC, with 3 of those 5 wins coming in overtime. Last time we played the AFC West we went 0-4, and that was during our 10-6 playoff run.

We get stomped by the good AFC teams and play down against the bad ones, that seems to be the pattern. If we can turn that around this year and go 3-1 or even 2-2 vs. those AFC West bums I will be a happy camper!

To be honest I watch Mike and Mike for just the color commentating. If one is looking for any true in-depth analysis you are looking in the wrong place.

As far as predictions, odds and such this is what I recently saw in the New York Daily News.

Vegas Odds two fold: 40-1odds of winning the super bowl(near the bottom) Giants 12-1 and New England 4-1/ Vegas over/under(total wins)...........drum roll......8.

The current line for the Giant/Redskin game ......their givin us 6.5.

Now I'm not bashing at all or trying to depress anyone here. I'm just stating what's factually out there. I'm guess I'm what you would call an intangible guy. The kind of person that would of said "yeah sure they can go to Dallas and to the Eagles and beat them".

The rediculousness of all this is 1 F!@#$N touchdown extra last year and we would of had a record of 12-4 last year!!!!!

So in essence what the world is sayin is that we will digress instead of move forward. I for one think they are wrong your thoughts????:logo:

Defense appears to be legit, but our offense is questionable. Although the O looked good vs. Pats, we need to see it on a more consistant basis. With that all said, until that happens...I'm not sure how any of us can expect the media to say anything more than 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7.

We have to show and prove that we are better than that to get any higher projections than that.

I see us winning at least 9 games. We have 6 winnable games against the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders. I feel like we should be able to go 3-3 against the division again. So that's 9 wins right there. To get to 10 all we would have to is get a win against the Panthers, Saints, Falcons, or Chargers. We beat the Saints last year at home and I don't see the Chargers having much to play for in Week 17 so they'll be resting their starters.

So asking this team for 9-11 wins is not unreasonable at all. Add the fact that we play 5 of the worst 6 rushing defenses from last year. That should help alot because Portis should play well in those games.

Just in our division, there's alot of questions. For the Giants: Can Eli be productive without Plax and Toomer? Hoe much will they miss Spags and Derrick Ward?

Eagles: Can McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy for a whole season? Will DeSean Jackson improve on what he did last year? Will they their defense suffer any without Johnson and Dawkins?

Cowboys: Can Roy Williams replace TO? Will Romo sits to pee fall apart in the last few months like he has done before? Will their secondary be the downfall of their defense?

So its not crazy to think we could win this division. The NFC East is wide open this year and we have a great chance to take over!

Archived