Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

question about penalty and refs in game

CPORTISFAN999

Zorn said in his interview that they just got riled up and someone said somthing they shoulddn't have said......Somethin like that.

Blache said one of the coached called a ref by his first name. Evidently there is a rule that says you cant call a ref by his first name. I heard that on Post Game Live. If anybody else heard it and can elaborate or correct me if Im wrong that would be super.

Blache said one of the coached called a ref by his first name. Evidently there is a rule that says you cant call a ref by his first name. I heard that on Post Game Live. If anybody else heard it and can elaborate or correct me if Im wrong that would be super.

That's pretty funny, if true.

The First-Name-Is-A-No-No rule.

:rotflmao:

hmmm...i havent heard it on redskins.com yet but when blache's interview is posted on redskins.com tv, i'll watch it and check. but if its true, thats really funny lol.

"Hey. Hey **** head!"

Tweeeeeeeeeet (flag flies).

"What? I didn't use your first name."

haha love the made-up quote parkcity! yea my neighbor and i were watching the redskins game with my mom and my neighbors mom during week 1 last season, and we (my neighbor and i) were pissed at a penalty the refs made and we said "god da** zeebras, go back to africa!!!" and then after we said that, the referee walked onto the screen and it turned out to be an african-american ref. so my neighbor and i laughed pretty hard about it. we felt so racist.

hmmm...i havent heard it on redskins.com yet but when blache's interview is posted on redskins.com tv, i'll watch it and check. but if its true, thats really funny lol.

I'd appreciate it man. If Im wrong then I am very sorry but I remember him saying something like that. I was typing on here though when he said it so I only caught a little bit and I was just like WHAT. I got freaking DVR too and I didnt even think to rewind it. Im new to all this technology stuff man. I probably further behind the times then a majority of the elderly.

yeah, you were correct. in the interview, someone said "hey coach, first off, i'm afraid to call you by your first name because i'll get a penalty" and blache was like "yeah, you'll probably get a penalty, thats how it goes"

Its on Comcast Sportsnets web site. Kelly Johnson talking to Greg Blache actually explained to him that Coach Jerry Gray called one of the Ref's by his first name. The ref told him that you cant do that and I guess threw the flag. Blache wasnt buying that excuse. Jerry Gray is the one who told Kelly Johnson about it. I dont know how to post links so if somebody could help me out that would be great. Its right around the 2min mark in the intervbiew

yeah, you were correct. in the interview, someone said "hey coach, first off, i'm afraid to call you by your first name because i'll get a penalty" and blache was like "yeah, you'll probably get a penalty, thats how it goes"

No that was in the Q&A portion, what Im talking about happened early in the interview. Check my above post, if you know how to post a link it would probably help so people dont think Im creating my own interviews in my head LOL

It's just amazing how many drive saving penalties the Pats had. If I were a conspiracist I would say that the missed fumble, all the penalties, and the phantoms we witnessed were just a little more than coincidental. And worse, the sideline penalty was probably not just a Redskin coach saying a refs name but

"Hey Harold, this has gone too far. You know I'm going to have to turn in those photos of that money stuffed envelope Bill handed you in the parking lot. You could at least pretend you weren't fixing the game for a series."

I mean we all know that Bill is a cheater, but why does he insist on fixing games even in the preseason?

Archived