Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you believe in vibes or kharma?

Burgold

Do you believe in the power of the fan? That there is something in the will of community that implants itself and creates more belief and better outcomes to your team? I was thinking back to the Rams and the legend of them burning vanilla to get rid of the bad mojo after being a super-loser team for so long and then getting to two Superbowls. I was thinking about us who spend more time dooming and glooming than criticizing or praising and I wonder...

Do you believe in vibes? Do you believe that the positive energy of the fan base gets into the players and makes them fight that little bit harder or that the negative spirit of a fan base corrodes a team's will and makes them that much more ready to surrender when things are adverse?

I kind of do. I think you fight harder when you are fighting for something and for people who believe in you and that a paycheck only carries you so far. I also believe that criticism, negative criticism is positive support, and can empower a person or team. ****ing on the other hand, wears you down. You spend so much time defending yourself or trying to wrestle with the attacks that by the time you go on the field there's a part of you that is emotionally drained. You still do the best you can, but you are emotionally drained.

It's happened to me. When people really believe in me somehow the product winds up being better. I go further, am more inventive, and more resourceful. When I'm surrounded by really negative, angry people I still try to work just as hard, but somehow I don't go above and beyond, I apply myself only to the letter and my work doesn't shine quite as bright. It can go the other way too, but in shorter bursts. Eventually, the negative vibes drown you.

So, do you believe you have... or we have an impact on the game?

Fan karma is definitely real. Just ask the Iggle fans.

I'd like to believe that's true... or if there's something so deeply embedded in Cubs fans or Saints fans that is so sure that they are going to lose in the end that it becomes inevitable.

And you do not click your heels three time oh cynical one. You throw a silver half dollar over your shoulder into my Redskins' cap. Best luck in generated from a 19th century silver dollar. If I'm not around, Snyder has a wishing well.

I'd like to believe that's true... or if there's something so deeply embedded in Cubs fans or Saints fans that is so sure that they are going to lose in the end that it becomes inevitable.

With Iggle fans the bad karma is obvious b/c they're so hateful.

The Cubs fans are harmless, but the gameday experience at Wrigley is so awesome it'll never matter if the Cubs win or lose.

Now the Saints, I guess it's the Voodoo curse or something? I saw an NFL Films episode where they mentioned something about the Superdome having been built on either a Native American or African American burial ground that may forever haunt them. Their fans are pretty harmless and I feel sorry for them given the decades of losing and now years of huricane recovery.

As far as the Skins, I fear that Danny may have brought some bad karma to this team. I also once read of a prominant native American tribal leader who stood on National Mall and placed a curse on the Redskins for their hateful name. This was sometime after the last SB. Go figure.:doh:

i believe we are good, i believe we are good, i believe we are good..er...er..

do I have to click my heels together 3 times when I say this?

:hysterical:

I believe the support of the fanbase does go a long way. There are a lot of negative people out there right now because they grab on to whatever they hear, or the media directs them. If/When the team starts doing well, more than 50% of those opinions will change over night.

I'd just wonder what a player thinks if they would stumble across a couple of these threads and see their name being bashed. Not even going to turn this into one of those threads by naming off the names.. Can't imagine it helps. As someone below said, a paycheck only goes so far.

It's happened to me. When people really believe in me somehow the product winds up being better. I go further, am more inventive, and more resourceful. When I'm surrounded by really negative, angry people I still try to work just as hard, but somehow I don't go above and beyond, I apply myself only to the letter and my work doesn't shine quite as bright. It can go the other way too, but in shorter bursts. Eventually, the negative vibes drown you.

So, do you believe you have... or we have an impact on the game?

I think you answered you own question. If the fans are all pumped up and feeling it, so will the players. You think the players could put in a half effort at RFK? I don't know sometimes if they feel it at Fed-Ex.

Now where did I park my Kharma Ghia?

I definitely believe in it, there is a lot of power in people coming together and believing in something. I also feel that was the extra boost that got us past Dallas in the NFC Championship and our first Super Bowl trophy, the fans in RFK and the entire city believing. "Faith will move mountains".

Yes, I believe that ones environment affects ones performance. Energy in the environment affects ones own energy. Ask any performer (musician or athlete) whether they perform better when the audience is receptive and enthusiastic and they will tell you that there is a synergy between the audience and their performance.

Us old hippies believe that vibes are even felt at a distance and I will be cheering on my Redskins team to victory even though I am watching on TV.

This is exactly why i started that thread a while ago talking about shooting ourselves in the foot. We have so much talent on this team but because of the front offices decisions there's never been enough consistency for any sort of team attitude to be built in our locker room. To many new faces and people coming in not knowing what their expectations are from themselves, other players, or the coaching staff.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=295178

Sometimes I think an angry Native American put a curse on the Redskins. The Redskins haven't won more than 10 games in a season since the 1991 season. There's some witchy **** going on with the Redskins. There's so much speculation about the Redskins every year, but I think everybody that really follows the team knows deep down that skins will win between 7 and 9 games. Will the Redskins ever get a bye-week in the playoffs again?

Yes, I believe that ones environment affects ones performance. Energy in the environment affects ones own energy. Ask any performer (musician or athlete) whether they perform better when the audience is receptive and enthusiastic and they will tell you that there is a synergy between the audience and their performance.

Us old hippies believe that vibes are even felt at a distance and I will be cheering on my Redskins team to victory even though I am watching on TV.

Thanks for Phillin the Blanks. :silly:

Gotta love a good vibe, at a wedding, a funeral, at the beach, anywhere.

Geez man, go outside and breath in the air. It's a great day to be alive, and a piss poor one to be dead-That's it, no more, no less.

God intended for us to be happy. :silly:

Actually, unlike Gregguspeckius the 13th, I try to actually be objective, not drink the 'negativity potion'

Oakland will beat the team this year. I guarantee it.

Actually, unlike Gregguspeckius the 13th, I try to actually be objective, not drink the 'negativity potion'

Oakland will beat the team this year. I guarantee it.

Somehow, these two thoughts just don't go together. They just mesh really poorly.

Maybe it's just me.

I absolutely do. I have walked into stadiums when its game time and can just get a feeling from the crowed. People say "You can feel the electricity in here tonight." When the fans are into it and there is "that" (whatever that is) in the air, teams usually perform their best. On the other hand, you can walk into a game and see a crowed that isn't really into the game and you don't have a good feeling and you can just sense the outcome of the game will not be good.

Great post Burgold, have to agree with what you said. Fans do have somewhat of an impact on the team, but I can't quite go as far as to say though that wearing a certain hat or shirt or other ritual definitely has an impact but our attitude towards the team most likely does. Either way, go 'Skins:patriotsu

Archived