Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kiper gives props to Brian Orakpo in QB talk

Mr.Skinbo

lots of gambling sites have orakpo 8.5 to 1 (or +850) to win the AP defensive rookie of year... I think it's a great bet myself... curry is the fav at 4.1 to 1 (or +450)...

orakpo has the potential to pile up tackles while at SLB and then the coveted sacks and forced fumbles when rushing on 3rd downs... the combination is great for DROY...

Orakpo is the total package, good to hear their planning on lining him up at end on passing situations, though it would be great to see him come up with an int this season.

I think we got enough ball hawks back there this year. I'm content with him shutting down the LOS and pressuring QBs. Just his presence alters how teams protect and block against us.

And this is All-American Phil Loadholt.

Loadholt was overrated. Look what WVU's undersized Line did to them and the OK line in general in the Fiesta Bowl two years ago. Granted, Phill has one more year of college under his belt when Rakpo was drafted, but still.

I think we got enough ball hawks back there this year. I'm content with him shutting down the LOS and pressuring QBs. Just his presence alters how teams protect and block against us.

yeah, because they just gobbled passes up last year!

:doh:

But agreed, getting to the QB does cause great things to happen.

He'll do better as a Pro because he'll have the finest DT in the league next to him, not to mention he'll have a full time pass rusher starting before him so he'll get to come in fresh and capitalize against tired OTs who won't be able to take on him with help since that'll be dedicated to Hayneworth.

Archived