Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

difference Skins-Rav vs Jets - Rams

haraldjun

Hi everyone I am watching the Jets Rams game at the moment and in comparison to our game yesterday, they throw downfield, both teams, and I think that´s the right thing to do in the first game, have a look on how the deep passing game works. Even if we have a WCO, we have to sometimes get the ball far downfield....

just a few thoughts

HTTR

Jets and rams have new coaches and uncertain starting QB

their priorities of what they want to see different than Sskins last night

Really??? I thought there was just a tad of uncertainty surrounding Campbell this off season, I must have missed something. After having the second worst scoring offense the last 8 games of the season I was pretty sure Zorn and Campbell would have liked to maybe had a little better showing then oh lets say 0 points. I mean after all the team is much further ahead at this time then last year and the offense has a much better grasp of execution.

We are in just as bad of shape as the Jets or Rams at this point.

Bulger is an uncertain QB? who is challenging him for the starting spot...Kyle boller? Bulger is as certain to be the Rams starting QB as JC is for the skins.

Lets face the truth that we don't have an O-line to buy time to throw deep and defenses don't buy our play-action fakes. Every team's priorities are to see their offense execute in the preseason regardless of short or deep passing game.

Really? We have a second-year coach, how 'bout the Ravens? Our QB is in a "contract year" heck he's even in a "starter year." Our downfield didn't click last season, so why not try and get it going this year?

I said it before. Or shor passes are not going to get us anywhere but three and out. When you shorten the field defenses are better.

I don't think Campbell has enough loft. Strong arm, but he always throw lazers, tough for guys to get under and adjust.

:rolleyes:

Bulger IS not set as the starter.... as been written time and time again since Spagnola was hired.

second year with offense set is completely different mind set than new staff

No Moss, No Portis, No Thomas, OL questionable.... yeah you want to impress fans with long bombs and risk possible injury to your QB, instead of working on just timing and and pass blocking in two series of play in preseason game #1(!), against a top pass rushing defense. :thumbsup:

come on this is common sense stuff

:rolleyes:

Bulger IS not set as the starter.... as been written time and time again since Spagnola was hired.

secod year with offense set is completely different mind set than new staff

No Moss, No Portis, No Thomas, OL questionable.... yeah you want to impress fans with long bombs and risk possible injury to your QB, instead of working on just timing and and pass blocking in two series of play against a top pass rushing defense. :thumbsup:

The timing and pass blocking were impeccable. (See 2 straight 3 and outs). I see the mind set.

So it's common sense not to use the preseason as a tool and rather just hold your breath and hope you don't get hurt? Now's the time to build more chemistry on the field during live game action before it counts. Now's the time to see what we have and what we can or cannot do. Now's the time to shake the rust of the offseason.

It's that mindset that keeps us a mediocre team. Why'd the Patriots risk Brady and Moss being out there for so long? Maybe it has to do with some of the above and maybe it has to do with why they are a great team.

The Jets have a rookie quarterback that they want to impress the fans with and see what he can do. The Redskins coaching staff just wants to win regular season games because they know house will be cleaned if the skins dont finish at least 9-7. Wait until the regular season to complain. See how we do against the Giants.:gaintsuck

It's that mindset that keeps us a mediocre team. Why'd the Patriots risk Brady and Moss being out there for so long? Maybe it has to do with some of the above and maybe it has to do with why they are a great team.

Brady is coming off of season ending knee surgery, IIRC. He has to get out there and see if his knee will hold up in game situations.

Brady is coming off of season ending knee surgery, IIRC. He has to get out there and see if his knee will hold up in game situations.

I'll use logic that was used earlier in this thread then: why risk injuring your starting QB, especially for that long? The guy is going to be in the hall of fame one day, so you risk him that long in a meaningless preseason game?

Sanchez seems pretty good tonight?

Incredible actually, I watched the first half.

Forget his passing.....stuff that people can say doesn't matter in preseason.

Just the way he comes out of the huddle, lines up, and how fast he is dropping back from the center--even for a handoff.

It looks like he is playing in fast forward, compared to the other players on the field.

The short time he was in there, yeah. Where are the "wish we would have gotten Sanchez" threads?

I still have my Redskins' Sanchez jersey in my closet somewhere that I was actually told I'm not a real fan because I made it :laugh:

The Skins donut vs. the Ravens is the first time since 2004 that ANY team has not scored in the pre-season opener.

Who was the team that was shutout in '04?

Archived