Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ugghh !! Redskins.com has done it again !!

Mickalino

I hate the way they exaggerate these friggin player profiles !!!!

2003 Player Profile: Zeron Flemister, TE

06/27/2003

By Jason Gouldski

Editor, Redskins.com

Redskins fourth-year player Zeron Flemister has performed solidly and spectactularly at Tight-End the last three seasons. Flemister helped the Redskins offense attain an admirable 21st best offense in the NFL in 2002. He caught an astounding 10 passes in 2002. That’s just one of the many stats that show the great skillful receiving hands that Flemister possesses. He even started 7 games last year, boldy suppressing the incumbent and “tough-to-unseat” Walter Rasby. What’s more amazing about Zeron Flemister is the way he has shown stunning improvement over his first 3 seasons. In his first season, he averaged 8 yards per catch. In his 2nd season, he averaged 10.9 yards. In his 3rd season, he averaged 14.9 yards. Interestingly, that’s a 36% jump in each season. So at his current pace, Flemister will be averaging 50.96 yards per catch by the year 2006, which no doubt will drive him into the NFL Hall of Fame with the likes of Tight End Kellen Winslow.

Flemister and the Redskins will be in action at Redskins training camp, which is set to begin on July 28 at Redskin Park in Ashburn, Virginia. Admission and parking to training camp are free. Click here for driving directions and other pertinent information

Zeron Flemister

Number: 89

Height: 6-11

Weight: 245

Experience: 4th season

College: Iowa

40-yard time : 4.26

Career Highlight: In 2002, Flemister caught the winning pass against the Broncos, during a snowy and sub-freezing evening in Denver. This inspired the headlines across the US, “Broncos Choke on Flem.” His amazing catch catapulted the Redskins season into an 8-8 record. They started out 0-5 that season, but thanks to Flemister, they ended up one of the best .500 teams in the league. The Redskins are still reeling from the momentum of that catch.

Did You Know?: Zeron Flemister has an amazing history of super-human hand skills. Once, during a hunting trip with friends in Montana in 1997 he found his life in great peril. A stray bullet, originally aimed at a bear, raced recklessly toward Flem. Before his friends could manage to tell him about the impending danger, Flem said “Hey what’s that high-pitched whistling sound I hear ?” He then recognized the bullet peripherally with his left eye, and then proceeded to grab the racing bullet between his thumb and forefinger. But the danger wasn’t over for Flem. There was still the angry bear, aroused by all the commotion. Not for long. Flemister, using his bare hands, shredded the bear into a dozen small pieces. He then fed those body parts to some nearby bulls. This shows that Flemister believes in giving back to the community. The Redskins hope that that same hospitality carries over into the DC area while he resides there. They also expect those hand-skills he displayed during that trip to carry over into making him an elite receiving Tight End in the NFL

Expectations: Zeron Flemister is expected to compete for playing time along with 2nd year player Robert Royal. But it will be tough for newcomer Royal to out-fox Zeron from his 1st-string position, as Flem has been a ball-hawk during offseason workouts with his toddler. Flemister’s three-year old son, Zero, had this to say, “Daddy catch evwy ball I throw. Daddy is superman !! “

Quote: "For the most part, the key for me has been preparation. Every night I sandpaper my hands with 500-grit sandpaper, to give me better hand-traction to receive the ball with. But I’m sure now that everyone knows my secret to my great ball-handling skills, they’re going to start copying me all over the league, and try to duplicate my success.

Yeah check that out. He got a lot of play on his write up. Rasby was hurt and wasn't used as often in the deeper routes. Flemister or "Flemstone" (sandpaper??) isn't bad at all, but jeez, if they are putting out there like that, I expect "big" things from him this year. We need delivery people, not just rhetoric!

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I love how he caught an ASTOUNDING 10 passes in 2002 while leading the Skins O to an ADMIRABLE ranking of 21st.

However I did find the bear wrestling part very funny

P.S

I finally hit the 1.00 posts per day average! Been a goal of mine for a while.

Allright, since there's been a few people, and bound to be a few more, that are wondering if this is real, it's not. It's a parody. But it's not a prank, because my intent was not to deceive anyone. It was all made up, except for the stats - those are actual facts, with the exception of his 40 time. But I tried to make it obvious that it was a joke, so dont punish me for being a prankster again. I was merely making light of the fact that redskins.com creates super-fluff articles, and actually trying to get a point across with the overall write-up.

Redskins fourth-year player Zeron Flemister has performed solidly and spectactularly at Tight-End the last three seasons. Flemister helped the Redskins offense attain an admirable 21st best offense in the NFL in 2002. He caught an astounding 10 passes in 2002.

Cut me some slack. That's exactly what I read. After that last sentence... I tuned out.

So at his current pace, Flemister will be averaging 50.96 yards per catch by the year 2006, which no doubt will drive him into the NFL Hall of Fame with the likes of Tight End Kellen Winslow.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is my favorite part. Good work. But be careful, if you keep producing this you may be hired to write for the site.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Redskins.com is like those NFL Films videos previewing a team's season. NFL Films makes any 1-15 team look like it is on the verge of the Super Bowl

Yea it's a shame we can't find a happy medium with a news source. Either they're biased against us and anti-Redskin, or you get the "super-fluff" like redskins.com. The WP is ok but they take too many days off during the offseason

Archived