Injury Bug hits Philly...again

jrockster21

jesus, the whole team is gimpy right now. so far theyve had brutal injures to:

trent cole

cornelius ingram

desean jackson

stewart bradly

kevin kolb

thats 5 solid guys all getting hurt way too early, not to mention westbrook will be injured all year.

What are you talking about? Kolb was terrible in limited playing time, and Ingram was a late round draft pick this year.

I wouldnt worry about a guy like Cole missing a little training camp and preseason(assuming its not more serious) he's played enough football he'll be fine. That Bradley injury hurts bigtime, but by the time preseasons done it's a safe bet every NFC East team has someone out for the season, or at least out for significan time. I hate injuries! :mad:

They practicing on concrete out there, or what?

Man, the luck has been bad down there...

Seriously man. I don't know if people are blowing little injuries out of proportion now that a few serious injuries have been confirmed, or if we're actually experiencing this many substantial injuries. In any case, it would be awesome if things would just cool down for a few weeks.

trent cole

cornelius ingram

desean jackson

stewart bradly

kevin kolb

thats 5 solid guys all getting hurt way too early, not to mention westbrook will be injured all year.

Kevin Kolb is not solid by any stretch of the imagination.

trent cole

cornelius ingram

desean jackson

stewart bradly

kevin kolb

Kolb is a solid guy? At what?

Unless they are season ending injuries I wouldn't worry, every team in the league has keys players battling through nagging injuries this time of year. Just take a look at the Giants' collection of walking wounded courtesy of the Daily News:

• Today’s lengthy injury list: DT Barry Cofield (knee), CB Corey Webster (hip), CB Aaron Ross (leg), DE Osi Umenyiora (knee), WR Steve Smith (knee), G Kevin Boothe (pec), OL Cliff Louis (ankle), WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), DT Chris Canty (hamstring), and welcome to the club LT Guy Whimper (toe) and DE Maurice Evans (leg).

I don't have any statistical evidence, just an opinion here, but it seems as if teams like the Eagles, Giants, and Patriots (although they are absolutely cryptic with injury information) tend to suffer a higher volume of injuries due to similar approaches to tough, hard nosed training camps. In a lot of ways, this is what separates us as perennial contenders, along with other key factors, namely franchise QB's and overall talent. Helps to build character, and all that jazz.

Archived