Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mancrush Thread

“Misdirection”

It's that time of year again. And everyone here has at least one lesser-known player they're rooting for. But who is it? Why are you rooting for them?

Maybe you just like their name. Maybe because you like what they'd bring to the team over what someone else could.

Personally, I'm enamored with Anthony Alridge and his speed, (along with many others here). I've wanted the Skins to have a guy like him for a while now. Someone that whenever he comes on to the field is quick enough and explosive enough to do something dangerous. He brings big play potential.

No matter how much I love Rock, I think it's time someone else returns kicks. Especially with the new wedge rule. The wedge was a big part of why he was so effective. However, the league has changed kickoff returns, and now we have to find the best fit for the new way.

I think Alridge can be that guy for kickoff returns, and a guy who can provide a possible spark on offense when called upon.

Who's your mancrush, and why? :point2sky

I suppose Kevin Barnes can't count. Alridge should be a nice compliment, I'm actually hoping he beats out Betts for the #2 spot. Especially with our line getting leaner and quicker, some lineman that pull plus Alridge would be nice.

Hunter Smith as the punter...but he's already a lock for that spot.

Gotta go with Edwin Williams. I hope he does great and replaces Rabach. Rabach won't cut it anymore, he's below average in keeping the pocket. He gets pushed around too much. Here's to hoping Edwin Williams impresses a lot, makes the team, and then takes over at Center.

P.S. My second pick would be Chad Rinehart. I've heard he's looking good and opening holes in the d-line.

I am enamored with Anthony Alridge as well. His YouTube videos are simply awesome, and I can't wait to see what he can bring to this team.

Another guy that interests me is Keith Eloi. He's done a great job of marketing himself by jumping into the bed of a pickup truck and jumping out of a pool backwards! Can he perform on the field? I'm curious.

I've always loved Colt Brennan ever since I first saw him play at Hawaii his junior year. When the Redskins drafted him, I was overjoyed. His preseason performance last year was tremendous. In typical Brennan fashion, he threw perfect passes and brought some much needed charisma to the game. Can't wait to see what he does this year!

I would have to say Mike Williams. Not just because of his battle with shaking off the weight (which speaks volumes of his character) but his quiet demeanor in his approach in getting back into football condition and confronting his belief in his natural abilities. It's as if he knows he can out perform Heyer and take over RT position at any point he deems its his for the taking.

The guy is super intelligent and seems to have a handle on how to do it this time around.

My close second would be Malcolm Kelly.

Add another to the Mike Williams bandwagon. How can you NOT pull for this guy??

Exactly. I know it's still early, but when you lose all that weight, work out in the hot Arizona sun all summer, and re-dedicate your life to football and your health, the phrase "true Redskin" begins to loom...

Even though I haven't seem him do anything yet. My preseason crush has to be Marko Mitchell.

It's like hearing your friend has a hot cousin. And you keep asking him when she's coming in town next even though you've never met her or seen pics. But in your head she's really hot... that's Marko Mitchell to me. :)

Right there with you. 6-4, 218, 4.49 40 time. Throw it up and let him go get it!
lol

I don't anticipate Mike Williams running too many routes. Unless it's a really heavy goal line package.

Personally I'll go with Alridge, Kelly, and Rinehart. Hopefully all three of those guys can really impress and make serious moves on the depth chart.

Even though I haven't seem him do anything yet. My preseason crush has to be Marko Mitchell.

It's like hearing your friend has a hot cousin. And you keep asking him when she's coming in town next even though you've never met her or seen pics. But in your head she's really hot... that's Marko Mitchell to me. :)

So, wait... you want to sleep with Marko Mitchell? Go, get him, tiger.

My close second would be Malcolm Kelly.

He's my man-crush. He's almost guaranteed a spot on the roster, but I'm hoping he can stay healthy and actually become a starter.

I mean imagine if Thomas and Kelly are performing so well early in the season that Moss is our third best WR as far as stats?

Marko Mitchell. Besides Redskin fans many people dont know who he is. Just like Horton last season another 7th round pick is going to help our team this season imo.

Marko's on my crush list too, and if Kelly doesn't come along, then I'd hope Mitchell can produce. But I'm kinda praying about Kelly's knees.

He's my man-crush. He's almost guaranteed a spot on the roster, but I'm hoping he can stay healthy and actually become a starter.

I mean imagine if Thomas and Kelly are performing so well early in the season that Moss is our third best WR as far as stats?

I will admit that I was in the Limas Sweed camp back when we will talking big WRs. But I was wrong then and have move favorably behind Malcolm Kelly to bring on his A game.

There's something about Kelly's demeanor that says this guy can play ball. He can't wait to shut people up who have been negative about his knee.

Archived