Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cnsnews: Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading Health Care Bill

Thiebear

For most people, you could give them all of the time in the world, and they REALLY wouldn't understand 1,000 pages of legal text from reading it, and I've never heard anybody claim we are electing the best and the brightest.

Well i always knew I was just as smart or smarter than some PHD's because I have slept at Holiday Inns numerous times thus can understand my car insurance policy.

If our elected officials who have the stones to call other people stupid or unqualified can't comprehend a 1000 page bill that will potentially wreck the nation, don't blindly agree to it until its simplified so you can understand it.

No they aren't the best and brightest and schools work to make sure the population isn't that swift either but they should have the determination to know what they are signing onto.

Peter, if the people who VOTE on legislation don't understand it (or even read it), how can they expect the public to not break the law?

Presumably because the public can be informed of the meaning of the law w/o actually reading the law.

I've never read any law related to the speed limit, but I know if I am breaking the law if I speed.

I think what Conyers is really saying is more like, "We in the GOP aren't going to vote for this anyways so why bother reading it."

Frankly if he is being honest about not understanding then he is actively making the case against populism.

:secret: Conyers is a Dem.

Presumably because the public can be informed of the meaning of the law w/o actually reading the law.

I've never read any law related to the speed limit, but I know if I am breaking the law if I speed.

Then you get pulled over for doing 8 UNDER the Upper LIMIT? I wish my legislator was more percise and said.

The speed you will do is 55.. not under, not over. but nobody read it so its now.

with the flow...

:secret: Conyers is a Dem.

LoL my bad, either way it works though, if he's a Dem he's voting for it so no reason to read it all he has to do is lick his finger put it in the wind and see which way the money is blowing then vote accordingly, Dem or GOP makes no difference.

On another note; that's what I get for reading ES on my blackberry.:D

Archived