Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN:NFC East Training Camp Preview

Hailskins94

VICK, YAY or NAY?!?  

510 members have voted

1. 1. VICK, YAY or NAY?!?

• YAY, Bring him in, it couldn't hurt, we keep or trade or start him eventually!
    • NAY, we don't want to ruffle JC's feathers, media distraction, we got Colt & Chase.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-12-61/NFC-East-training-camp-preview.html

Washington Redskins

Training camp site: Ashburn, Va.

Campfires: Let's see if anyone challenges Stephon Heyer for the starting job at right tackle. I like the Mike Williams reclamation project, but it would scare me to begin the season with someone that rusty. Jeremy Bridges is another possibility.

Here's some right tackle analysis from Jim Zorn from earlier this offseason. The Skins definitely need to create more depth along the offensive line in case things break down like they did last season. I'm also interested in the competition for the No. 2 receiver role opposite Santana Moss. If Devin Thomas can push Antwaan Randle El for the backup spot, it would be great sign for the team. Also pay close attention to the competition between Todd Collins and Colt Brennan for the backup quarterback spot.

*Click Link For Rest*

Does anyone see anything wrong with the "excellent" coverage ESPN provides in the video below titled "Previewing the East". Are there only 2 teams in our division? I thought there were more but I guess i'm wrong. That is one hell of a preview, thank god for NFL Network....

Wow, this is the worst video. The "breakdown" is two teams in the East. They all seem to discount the fact that we signed the premier DT in the league and added Orakpo to our defense. All of the talk they did about "controlling the line of scrimmage" for the offenses will be null and void. This defense is going to be sick nasty.

But, that's okay. I like being the unheralded team. Don't worry, they'll be talking about us in January. I think we'll see big improvements in our offense, as well, just for the record.

I really think we can win this division and at the very least make the playoffs...

name one area where the Skins have gotten worse from last year?...there isn't one...I can name multiple areas where they've improved.....only thing you can say negatively is that certain players are a year older.

every team in the division has gotten worse in certain areas.....the Giants lost their d-coordinator and are worse at running back and receiver.....the eagles lost their d-coordinator and their heart and soul on defense (dawkins)...the cowboys lost T.O. and didn't replace him.

let's remember that the eagles and cowboys won one more game then us last year.

Also pay close attention to the competition between Todd Collins and Colt Brennan for the backup quarterback spot.

TC is a great QB, CB5 is going to have his work cut out for him.

I wonder if us fans will have any Idea of who is winning this comp, since coaches look at things we don't But anyway. it should be real easy to see the who the 6 round pick is compared to a vet like TC. I don't remember last year in preseason how did TC look compared to CB5 ?

I don't remember last year in preseason how did TC look compared to CB5 ?

Todd looked like crap last preseason. And Colt looked like a freakin pro. In fact last preseason is one of the main reasons there are so many people on this board who want to see what Colt can do in the regular season...including myself.

Does anyone see anything wrong with the "excellent" coverage ESPN provides in the video below titled "Previewing the East". Are there only 2 teams in our division? I thought there were more but I guess i'm wrong. That is one hell of a preview, thank god for NFL Network....

Put yourself in their shoes for a second. You have a two minute clip. Who are you going to focus on?

The team that finished last in the division? The team that hasn't won the division in how long?

Would you focus on the Rams in the west? They were last.

How about the Lions in the north? Would you use your two minutes on them? They were last.

Yeah, didn't think so. So why would you expect them to focus any meaningful part of that two minutes on the Redskins?

This is a national station we are talking about.

Reality....come join it. They did exactly what you would have done in their position.

And we got just as much coverage in the print as the other teams.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second. You have a two minute clip. Who are you going to focus on?

The team that finished last in the division? The team that hasn't won the division in how long?

How about the Lions in the north? Would you use your two minutes on them? They were last.

Yeah, didn't think so. So why would you expect them to focus any meaningful part of that two minutes on the Redskins?

Reality....come join it. They did exactly what you would have done in their position.

Well put McD.

Many of us, (myself included), take it personally when the media "hates" on us.

If you're on the outside looking in, and given our recent history, you'd wonder why the media (outside of the WP), would even spend two minutes on the Redskins.

Reality is a *****.

Exstremskins...home of the Homer!

Look ,why give a hoot.........winning shuts everyone up,let them talk who cares!:helmet:

True! But just how much recent playoff wins has Dallas had recently? Skins won 2 since '99, and beaten Dallas 5 of last 8 gms! However it was DALLAS that was anointed with the '09 Super Bowl......what gives?:doh:

But....The didn't talk about the Eagles either. I think they went to the NFC championship game last season.

Archived