Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesse Holley

method man

A complete guess, but im going to say he signed a contract at the completion of the show as the prize?

I actually think it may be worth our time to give Andrew Hawkins, one of the show's runners-up, a training camp invite. Right now, we lack a STer at receiver and Hawkins can be that guy as he showed that he is an excellent gunner, for starters. He also has upside, because although he is 5-7, he has 4.3 speed and can be a shifty slot guy who can make big plays. He also has an NFL lineage. His father, brother (former Skin Artrell Hawkins), and two uncles played in the NFL.

I don't think that either guy will make an impact in the NFL. Hawkins looked to me like he had the better chance...but it's hard to tell based on a few select plays that the producers decided to air.

I agree. If you just go by what was aired, we may as well bring in that kid who was taped outperforming Philip Rivers in a throwing drill.

Will this guy make the Cowboys? In 4th and Long, he was an absolute beast and made all types of catches. He has to be better than Hurd and Stanback.

well he was competing against the other slightly above average joes...

let him compete against everyday NFL players and we will see soon enough if he is legit or not...

then again its kind of like seeing Colt Brennan do well against camp fodder in the preseason last year then claiming him to be a probowl QB

Will this guy make the Cowboys? In 4th and Long, he was an absolute beast and made all types of catches. He has to be better than Hurd and Stanback.

IF he was such a beast that you speak of, why did it take a reality show put on by the Cowboys for him to get invited to a camp? Don't put to much stock in him, is he a fun guy for the Cowfans to root for sure, but if he makes the team flat out that would speak volumes not only about the current roster but the personnel department being horrible at thier jobs.

IF he was such a beast that you speak of, why did it take a reality show put on by the Cowboys for him to get invited to a camp? Don't put to much stock in him, is he a fun guy for the Cowfans to root for sure, but if he makes the team flat out that would speak volumes not only about the current roster but the personnel department being horrible at thier jobs.

Why did a guy like Tom Brady slip into the 6th round?

Why did a guy like Tom Brady slip into the 6th round?

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=5549&pcid=46

He saw limited action in '96 and '97. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in '96, 12-15-103-0-0 in '97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in '98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in '99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson.

Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength.

Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Produces in big spots and in big games.

Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4.

I just think teams skipped him b/c he didn't have the body of work, like other qbs in the collegiate level.

He obviously got better as a pro, worked hard to get to be great. He is another reason why scouts have to look at intangibles i e. Big Ben.

Gotta give it to the Pats for seeing something other teams didn't.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Being a beast in practice does not always translate to production on the field. Us skins fans can tell you that you can be a practice MVP and look like a superstar i.e. Taylor Jacobs...and do absolutely nil when its game time.

In college, he was a 2-sport athlete so he didn't put his full attention toward football. It is highly possible, he even spent more time focused on basketball because his team won the national championship in 2005. It is obvious watching the show that he must have gotten better because he was running very good routes, among other things. I also think that the show probably did an excellent job of preparing him for TC, because it was more intense than TC

Archived