Dan T.

Why not just make it?

1 cup ketchup

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika

3 tablespoons hot sauce

3 tablespoons water

4 tablespoons white vinegar

1) In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well.

2)Pour into pot.

3)Bring to boil using low heat. Stirring constantly.

4)Let cool or serve hot.

5)To enhance the flavor of the sauce, just add more of the above ingredients. DO NOT USE SALT, because it will destroy the sweetness of the sauce

I think that's right. :whoknows:

I'm gonna grill some chicken breast tonight and give this recipe a shot. i know one person said it's not quite the same, but you can't perfect it if you don't start somewhere.

:D

Why not just make it?

1 cup ketchup

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika

3 tablespoons hot sauce

3 tablespoons water

4 tablespoons white vinegar

1) In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well.

2)Pour into pot.

3)Bring to boil using low heat. Stirring constantly.

4)Let cool or serve hot.

5)To enhance the flavor of the sauce, just add more of the above ingredients. DO NOT USE SALT, because it will destroy the sweetness of the sauce

I think that's right. :whoknows:

my wife and i whipped up some Mambo sauce on Friday night based on this recipe, and i gotta tell you, we came pretty damn close. Close enough to satisfy my tastebuds anyway.

the only things we did differently were, instead of using white vinegar, we used brown vinegar. and we also added a couple tablespoons of sweet and sour sauce. that REALLY seemed to give it the mambo sauce kick.

it was so freakin' good. we actually still have half of what we made. i think i'll be grilling chicken breasts again tonight.

:D:D

I am a sauce expert and never heard of this stuff. How can a sauce be so good and only be found in DC carry outs? Something isn't right here, is it really that good?

It's pretty ****ing delicious. Head down to Yung Fung and get some chicken tenders and mumbo sauce (on the side)

It's pretty ****ing delicious. Head down to Yung Fung and get some chicken tenders and mumbo sauce (on the side)

Why hasn't somebody bottled this stuff and why hasn't a carryout outside of the DC area started serving this stuff?

Also the golden skillet type of Mumbo is it thick like BBQ or thin like hot sauce?

If you have had both which is better?

Archived